First world problems...(to keep or sell?)

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
I recently landed a new job that is going to take up ~60 hours/week of my time for the next 4-6 months, until things settle down. I have a 10850K with a 3090 that I use 90% for VR gaming (Quest 2) and sometimes a AAA game like God of War or RDR2. I'm going to have almost zero time to game until later this year and was contemplating selling my GPU, or complete PC, before prices get worse.

My question is, would you just sell the 3090 and keep the rest of the system, or just let all of it go? I'm sure a 10850K is not going to bottleneck any VR games in the next 2-3 years, but part of me is thinking I sell this whole thing, and just build a whole new setup once I get more free time (probably 13700K). Let's pretend there won't be a GPU shortage and I can get a 4080 or 4090 at will.

Begin!

345.png

I would sell the whole thing also. You can always get a laptop to hold you over if you have regrets. Forget the market, imagine you bought a 2080ti a year ago. If your no-gaming period started last year through today, was that really worth holding onto? While you have the latest and greatest now and it feels good, something better is always coming and will dwarf any uniqueness the 3090 has today

Selling PC and having no PC for a longer while is not a good idea.
Why?
Because Winnie-the-Pooh might make buying new CPU's even harder than getting GPU at peak mining craze.

If you got new job, presumably not at McDonald's, then money should not be an issue.
I'd just not bother solving non-issues like these :)

Back