Finally got around to installing my free 580 Strix 8GB GPU

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
It's nice to have well off friends :) My friend give me an ASUS 580 Strix 8GB card, and I finally got around to installing it (I was using a AMD POWER COLOR 7950). I want to make sure it's running correctly, so I'm wondering should I use the Heaven benchmark? If so, what settings should I use for comparison purposes?

Also, I ran Heaven, but it reported my card as having 4GB memory when it is 8GB. That's 8GB dedicated. What's with that?

check it in the radeon drivers because there are 4 and 8GB models of that card. hopefully he didn't flash a different bios on it because he was using it for mining.

check it in the radeon drivers because there are 4 and 8GB models of that card. hopefully he didn't flash a different bios on it because he was using it for mining.
I did. AMD Radeon software, along with Windows, reports 8GB. He was using it for mining. The card as he sent it to me had all of the rubber plugs still in the input slots and the scratch peel off cover still on the back on the card--lol. Meticulous dude. I think he started using these (he has three) in June 2018, but gave up after a few months due to power consumption--which I told him would doom his efforts.
Capture.PNG

What settings in Heaven should I be using for comparisons?

ok then it's fine.. as far as heaven goes i don't know, ran the benchmark 1 time when it came out years ago, haven't run it since.

Back