Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Old double-alpha tester here (original and ARR) just checking in.

Haven't played since early Heavensward; have they changed any of the melee combat styles or do they still focus on primarily chaining combos? I didn't mind this when playing melee-DPS, but as a tank main it became off-putting during progression (choosing whether to break combos to ready countermeasures/dodge or holding them to gather adds felt like a clunky decision most of the time).

Old double-alpha tester here (original and ARR) just checking in.

Haven't played since early Heavensward; have they changed any of the melee combat styles or do they still focus on primarily chaining combos? I didn't mind this when playing melee-DPS, but as a tank main it became off-putting during progression (choosing whether to break combos to ready countermeasures/dodge or holding them to gather adds felt like a clunky decision most of the time).

The DPS/Enmity rotation is gone. Tanks now have just 1 rotation to worry about. Your tank stance only dictates whether you are the main tank or off tank since it only affects enmity generation, it makes no diffrerence in DPS or damage resistance. Your combos are still important, but you no longer have to switch between the DPS and Enmity rotation as a tank. Your defense and damage mitigation cooldowns do not break your combos, so you can freely weave them inbetween.

Last edited:
The latest expansion "Endwalker" launches next Tuesday December 7 after being delayed for 2 weeks.

Any of you out there Grubhub users ? https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6fe8c24a8e65661049b3d4cd96f22a3b04ce87d8

I don't live anywhere near Grubhub delivers, so if any of you don't need this code yet use that service, I'd greatly appreciate PMing it to me. The promo allows you to order from any restaurant and with the code ENDWALKER. If you order on Thursday the 9th at the right time (GameAwards) you get free delivery too, it seems. FFXIV does these little promos and collabs every so often and while its annoying when its not something I usually buy, its usually a nice little bonus. The best one was a few years back I recall where you got like 4 or 5 items (including what would become very highly valued in-game butler and maid uniforms for you characters or your retainers, plus mounts and the like) simply for buying a few bucks of stuff on Amazon, where the most recent one was a Butterfinger promo where you had to buy $5 worth and got an in-game mount. So yeah, anyone who orders from Grubhub for the next week or two , use ENDWALKER as your code and if you don't need it, send it to me :D

As far as the game itself, I've only recently returned so I can't say what the expansion content is like (I'm not there yet, taking my time as I do for the story and content at every expansion) , there were queues of over 2000 waiting to get in post release of early access! Basically between the hardware shortages out there and the massive difference between the projected playerbase earlier this year vs the current playerbase after the "summer when Activision/ Blizzard shot itself in the foot, genitals, and head, repeatedly" got tons of people waiting to play. The devs basically credited everyone a free week of gametime because of the troubles, already. However as of last night even on Balmung, one of the most populous NA servers, I didn't have much of a queue at all. So yeah, enjoy!

Square Enix is temporarily suspending sales of all digital package versions of the game, in addition to new free trial registrations, in order to deal with the continue server congestion. Digital upgrades and expansion packs will still be available to current players. Subscribing players will receive an addition 14 days of playtime in addition to the 7 days given earlier.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/e7388986bc24d5a1337e0beed057f7b5b78b9bb3

Update regarding server issues. Digital sales of the base game and packages will resume on January 25, but they may be suspended again if congestion gets to be too much again. Expansion of NA servers to commence, but not until August. The first phase is adding one logical data center with four world. The second phase will not be completed until summer next year, which will expand the new data center to eight worlds. The EU region will have two new worlds added to their two existing data centers by July this year, while a new data center with eight worlds will be added by summer next year.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/9a6bed5c06ae511c363ece5ead0a98a3986554a2?s=09

Back