Final Fantasy VII Remake

The stuttering was recently patched as noted in the post above yours. The blurring may be the dynamic resolution kicking in. See: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/22?tab=description&BH=0
Still a lot of people complaining about the stuttering even after the patch. The blurring isn't dynamic resolution, that's been disabled. Literally ever Unreal 4 game has the same problem. TXAA is trash and needs to stop. I might mess with increasing the internal render resolution which should essentially apply super sampling.

Still a lot of people complaining about the stuttering even after the patch. The blurring isn't dynamic resolution, that's been disabled. Literally ever Unreal 4 game has the same problem. TXAA is trash and needs to stop. I might mess with increasing the internal render resolution which should essentially apply super sampling.
is the txaa what makes those little blurry dots show up all over?
i agree though, game runs great on my system, 1440p locked at 60 and never see it dip. i only get a hitch here and there when moving to a new area and i can see in afterburner that it coincides with my cpu switching speeds.

So it looks like there has only been one patch on PC for this. Does this fix any of the performance issues or is it still in bad shape? Is the stuttering gone? I know this seems to have been a lazy port, but kind of amazed that there hasn't been a second patch yet. Or, at least I can't seem to find info on a second patch.

Have the latest drivers from my GPU, RTX 3070. Still getting some stuttering when running around. Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, SSD, Win 10.

It isn't too bad but it is noticeable. Typically only when roaming and not in combat. Any fix for this?

Considering how little of the overarching story the first remake covered, Part 2 will either need to be huge or there will be a 3rd part coming for the PS6.

Considering how little of the overarching story the first remake covered, Part 2 will either need to be huge or there will be a 3rd part coming for the PS6.
Part 2 and 3 will be out this generation. 4 and 5 won't be.

It's about a third of the game, so I can see three parts. However, you need to remember that this is a "remake" in the literal sense of the word. Part 2 is not going to play out in anyway that is similar to the original game. Remember how "part 1" ended.

Not spoilers for what Part 2 might entail for those of us that never played the original please. I'm looking forward to Part 2. Hope it comes sooner rather than later and the PC version isn't delayed like last time. It would be best if it released on Steam but I don't see that happening, so maybe Epic can throw enough money at Square so it releases day one on PC.

My understanding is that there is a chance Part 2 might be on UE5.

I'd be okay with Part 2 ending after exactly 1 hour with Ruby Weapon sitting on everyone and the planet explodes or something, idk..

Part 2 news possibly incoming for the 35th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/0...ys-square-enix-will-share-ff7-news-next-month

It's rumored that Sony is going to do another State of Play thing next month as well. If that rumor is true I wouldn't be surprised to see the news pop up there.

Not spoilers for what Part 2 might entail for those of us that never played the original please. I'm looking forward to Part 2. Hope it comes sooner rather than later and the PC version isn't delayed like last time. It would be best if it released on Steam but I don't see that happening, so maybe Epic can throw enough money at Square so it releases day one on PC.

My understanding is that there is a chance Part 2 might be on UE5.

I wouldn't count on it being released on PS5 and PC at the same time. Sony is very likely to keep rolling out the money needed to keep these games as timed exclusives.

It's about a third of the game, so I can see three parts. However, you need to remember that this is a "remake" in the literal sense of the word. Part 2 is not going to play out in anyway that is similar to the original game. Remember how "part 1" ended.

Yar, agreed.

I think they'll still keep it as a 'trilogy' (with likely a few 'intergrades' thrown in between parts), but the game is just as much a sequel as it is a 're-telling' of the original game, so previous story threads could mean nothing. Which I appreciate, tbh, I would've been disappointed had the Remake followed the same story threads.

Crisis Core- Final Fantasy VII- Reunion will be released on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Steam this winter...

So this is a prequel to FF7. The trailer mentions Steam, so I assume a day 1 release on Steam. Hopefully this means FF7R Part 2 goes to PC day 1 as well as Steam.

Any reason to not play this before finishing FF7 Remake Parts 2/3 (which are some years away)? Would it contain any spoilers?

Graphically it is a big step down from FF7R which is disappointing.

Last edited:
So this is a prequel to FF7. The trailer mentions Steam, so I assume a day 1 release on Steam. Hopefully this means FF7R Part 2 goes to PC day 1 as well as Steam.

Any reason to not play this before finishing FF7 Remake Parts 2/3 (which are some years away)? Would it contain any spoilers?

Graphically it is a big step down from FF7R which is disappoint.
No, we already know what the deal with Zack is in Remake part 1. The new Crisis Core is most likely going to expand upon how this timeline differs from the original, so it is more than likely a primer for parts 2 and 3. So I don't see a reason to not play it before part 2.

Graphically it is a big step down from FF7R which is disappointing.

It's a step down graphically because it's a remaster of the original, not a remake. As far as when to play it: After part 1. The story will spoil things revealed in Part 1 and will likely tie into parts 2 and 3, but not make big spoilers.

FF7 was one of my favorite games of all time... for christs sake, one of my kids is named Aeris.

Just now playing the remake on Steam (about 20 hours in) and was saying "huh" to myself through tons of dialogue... ended up realizing this is likely an alternate timeline. The new trailer for Rebirth basically confirms this with the opening dialogue.

LAWD JEBUS.

I finished FF7 Remake last weekend, I enjoyed it for the most part, there was a few boring things in the middle, but thought the end was solid even though it deviated from the original quite a bit. Alternate timeline is a good way to put it, looking forward to the next two games. I'll be tempted to replay it again after I finish Guardians of the Galaxy (which is pretty damn good).

I finished FF7 Remake last weekend, I enjoyed it for the most part, there was a few boring things in the middle, but thought the end was solid even though it deviated from the original quite a bit. Alternate timeline is a good way to put it, looking forward to the next two games. I'll be tempted to replay it again after I finish Guardians of the Galaxy (which is pretty damn good).

That was kinda my take on it as well. It dragged in the middle but the ending was good enough for me to want to play the follow up.

Not sure I’ll do another play through although the way it is structured I might jump back in and re-play a few of chapters on a harder difficulty before the next one comes out.

That was kinda my take on it as well. It dragged in the middle but the ending was good enough for me to want to play the follow up.

Not sure I’ll do another play through although the way it is structured I might jump back in and re-play a few of chapters on a harder difficulty before the next one comes out.

I definitely recommend poking around in the hard difficulty. It's a lot of fun and really brings out the best in the combat system, especially in the later chapters. Hell House on Hard is absolutely nuts.

8GB update rolled out today that censors Tifa in cutscenes, and really poorly at that (black triangles covering cleavage). If you have it installed, backup your video files.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1462040/discussions/0/4346607305578556751/

List of files changed can be seen on SteamDB:

https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/13404381/

Example of censorship:

1708968192181.png

1708968250760.png

8GB update rolled out today that censors Tifa in cutscenes, and really poorly at that (black triangles covering cleavage). If you have it installed, backup your video files.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1462040/discussions/0/4346607305578556751/

List of files changed can be seen on SteamDB:

https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/13404381/

Example of censorship:

View attachment 637887

View attachment 637888
Just wait for the PC version where this will be modded to be the complete opposite :p

Why would they release an update censoring that after all this time?

square is starting to fall to the woke and were told they have to edit things....

While the change looks incredibly lazy and it no doubt has to do with the scene being different in Rebirth, I really do feel the need to point out that Tifa is 15 during that point in the game. I'd imagine her being a child had a lot to do with the devs decision to change her attire.

While the change looks incredibly lazy and it has no doubt to do with the scene being different in Rebirth, I really do feel the need to point out that Tifa is 15 during that point in the game. I'd imagine her being a child had a lot to do with the devs decision to change her attire.
thats the excuse theyre trying to use. never seen a "modern" 15 year old? this is nothin...

thats the excuse theyre trying to use. never seen a "modern" 15 year old? this is nothin...

You're complaining that you can't look down the shirt of a child dude, that's not an easy argument to win. There's a lot of things teenagers do that you wouldn't be able to get away with casually portraying in media.

You're complaining that you can't look down the shirt of a child dude, that's not an easy argument to win. There's a lot of things teenagers do that you wouldn't be able to get away with casually portraying in media.
never said that. reeeeeeee on....

today's patch also changed the last line of the game:

Original: "I miss it. The steel sky"
Patch: "This sky... I don't like it"

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    689.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 11.png
    11.png
    643.5 KB · Views: 1
Back