Final Fantasy VII Remake

So this is out on PC, and apparently is a half baked port.

These are all the settings for graphics options. There is no ultra wide support, which is crazy in near 2022. Ace Combat 7 omitted it as well, what is it with Japanese developers and their disdain for ultra wide aspect ratios?

Frame rate is locked to 30/60/90/120. You can choose between low and high.

Screenshot-1308.png

Compare that to FFXV which had many options (although the game was poorly optimized), this is certainly odd.

Much cheaper than the euro/pound pricing as well if that is not a typo:

Final Fantasy VII Remake PC price has been set at a whooping $69.99 / €79.99 / £69.99 / 339.00 zł.

Those are 115.87/119.18 Can with today exchange rate.

So this is out on PC, and apparently is a half baked port.

These are all the settings for graphics options. There is no ultra wide support, which is crazy in near 2022. Ace Combat 7 omitted it as well, what is it with Japanese developers and their disdain for ultra wide aspect ratios?

Frame rate is locked to 30/60/90/120. You can choose between low and high.

View attachment 422572

Compare that to FFXV which had many options (although the game was poorly optimized), this is certainly odd.

It’s not all that surprising. The only reason FF15 had so many options and tried so hard to be a decent PC game is because the game’s director is a fan of PC games. He pushed for the PC version and even with the crappy launch release, you can tell that there was passion put into it.

It’s not all that surprising. The only reason FF15 had so many options and tried so hard to be a decent PC game is because the game’s director is a fan of PC games. He pushed for the PC version and even with the crappy launch release, you can tell that there was passion put into it.

Too bad that game sucked. I liked the lore and foundation of the story, but the game itself was a technical mess. I think it was more related to the game itself just being bad. At least the PC version got some proper treatment. This seems to run fine and is stable which is good. Doubting we'll see a patch to give more flexibility or ultra wide.

Too bad that game sucked. I liked the lore and foundation of the story, but the game itself was a technical mess. I think it was more related to the game itself just being bad. At least the PC version got some proper treatment. This seems to run fine and is stable which is good. Doubting we'll see a patch to give more flexibility or ultra wide.

I enjoyed played 15 and exploring the world and some of the character banter, but yeah. The game was a mess, it’s clear the team was handed a game that had spent many years in development hell and a barely functioning engine then we’re told to get it done ASAP. I think with another year or so they could have really turned it into something a lot better.

P.S. There should be an option in other menus, to adjust how closely the camera follows your characters. Both in and out of battle, as separate settings.

I've not run into any issues so far, but only past the first boss. Love the presentation.

That is incredibly disappointing. Remake ran smooth as hell on consoles. Hopefully SE actually supports the game with patches
Considering how long Square took to patch Nier Automata into a more acceptable state, I am not holding my breath.

I'm doubting they'll add much in terms of an update. Maybe they just pushed the port out the door which is why the confirmed date was just a week or so before release on PC but they have some patches in progress. But again, I doubt it. Kind of odd seeing as they plan on this being a multi part game. I know Sony is paying them but without Xbox sales you'd think they would want this to do well on PC to make up for it.

The stuttering is making this game borderline unplayable. Forcing dx11 helps significantly, but that unfortunately breaks HDR.

Been playing fine on my laptop with a 5800H, Mobile 3070 at 2560X1440 everything maxed (and the Dynamic Resolution Disabler Mod ) , the only place I have seen stuttering is in the fly through videos/ cut scene stuff, but even then not much.

Haven't tried it on my 3090 box yet, but I would imagine it plays about the same unless there is some goofy stuff going on.

Plays very well, and a worthwhile day 1 purchase for me at least.

Mostly nvidia issues? Or all cards? Would have figured like NMS and other console/PC efforts the AMD cards typically did better at launch with less driver issues, due to some similarities.

Guess I'll stick to playing on a borrowed ps4pro.

So much for a debug build being shipped by accident. I would think they would of put the proper build by now.

The stuttering is making this game borderline unplayable. Forcing dx11 helps significantly, but that unfortunately breaks HDR.
Hmmm, maybe having the developer do all memory micro-management rather then having a driver that's been optimized over several decades do it wasn't the brightest idea we ever came up with?

I’d wait for a sale on this game anyway. It was ok but the first half of the game was a chore to get through unless you skip all the useless side quests they added. It picks up towards the end but I felt like them stretching 7 hours of the original to 40 hours in the remake was a bit too much. This should have easily been 15-20 hours max.

I’d wait for a sale on this game anyway. It was ok but the first half of the game was a chore to get through unless you skip all the useless side quests they added. It picks up towards the end but I felt like them stretching 7 hours of the original to 40 hours in the remake was a bit too much. This should have easily been 15-20 hours max.
You don't have to do do any of the sidequests. However, they do result in good items and gear. And at least for sector 5 slums----all of the dialogue surrounding the quests actually adds quite a bit of worldbuilding for the lives of the people there. I actually did skip almost all of the sidequests in sector 7 slums. So I'm not sure about the specifics, there. But because I did that, I fell behind on some materias.

You don't have to do do any of the sidequests. However, they do result in good items and gear. And at least for sector 5 slums----all of the dialogue surrounding the quests actually adds quite a bit of worldbuilding for the lives of the people there. I actually did skip almost all of the sidequests in sector 7 slums. So I'm not sure about the specifics, there. But because I did that, I fell behind on some materias.

I did everything because that’s what I normally do in these types of games, I just felt the slum areas were too boring with all the random added quests. I mean they had a ‘find the cats’ quest in one slum, then the next village repeats the whole process replacing cats with kids. Then you return to that village and have to find the kids again, it was too much for me. If the game didn’t have the FF7 name and setting I probably would have quit around the second slum village.

It ends strong though, and leaves me wanting more but they easily could have cut 5-10 hours out of this game or made the optional quests better.

I replayed the start of the original because I realized I don’t remember any of Disc 1 apparently and I was surprised at how faithful a lot of the environments were.

I have very strong memories of FFVII, played it multiple times since it launched including all the way through just a few years ago. So seeing how faithful some of the designs are - just updated to some of the best graphics I've ever seen - has been amazing.

The slum sections are a little slow but I haven't minded at all.

I did everything because that’s what I normally do in these types of games, I just felt the slum areas were too boring with all the random added quests. I mean they had a ‘find the cats’ quest in one slum, then the next village repeats the whole process replacing cats with kids. Then you return to that village and have to find the kids again, it was too much for me. If the game didn’t have the FF7 name and setting I probably would have quit around the second slum village.

It ends strong though, and leaves me wanting more but they easily could have cut 5-10 hours out of this game or made the optional quests better.

I replayed the start of the original because I realized I don’t remember any of Disc 1 apparently and I was surprised at how faithful a lot of the environments were.
holy crap am i tired of looking for kids. i just got to that second one, when you can finally use choco-travel, and im at ~30 hours...

I've been playing a lot of multiplayer games lately and needed something that was single player. Picked this up this weekend. Don't know what you are all talking about with the stuttering. Outside some stutters the first minute or so, it's been smooth as a baby's bottom at 120 fps without any mods. The real problem with the game is the Unreal 4 engine's TXAA. The blurring is absolutely atrocious. Disabling it causes the hair to look awful.

I've been playing a lot of multiplayer games lately and needed something that was single player. Picked this up this weekend. Don't know what you are all talking about with the stuttering. Outside some stutters the first minute or so, it's been smooth as a baby's bottom at 120 fps without any mods. The real problem with the game is the Unreal 4 engine's TXAA. The blurring is absolutely atrocious. Disabling it causes the hair to look awful.
The stuttering was recently patched as noted in the post above yours. The blurring may be the dynamic resolution kicking in. See: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/22?tab=description&BH=0

Back