Final Fantasy VII Remake

From the sound of things each entry is the length of a typical full size game. And this is a full remake with a lot more content. According to How Long to Beat.com, the original took around 37 hours for the story, 55 with side content. The Remake takes around 33 hours for the story and 43 with side content. That is a full size game. If each entry is of the same size, it will essentially be almost 3 times as much content as the original. I am assuming it will span 3 games. I don't see a problem with them charging full price for what is a full size game with new content.

It is kind of like saying you won't buy Mass Effect until you can grab 2/3 for the price of one game. Or any other multipart series.

Let’s just say it’s a bit more complicated than that. There’s definitely a reason (beyond pure greed) that they’ve split the games up and it kind of becomes clear as you play part 1. Remake is uhh…Not quite the right term for this game.

I couldn’t wait any longer for the pc version so I ended up buying a ps5 and a copy of the game on the PS4 and loaded it up to play it at more or less how we would have played it on PC, max details 60fps.

Right now, a PS5 basically can play games at 60fps 4K now .

Let’s just say it’s a bit more complicated than that. There’s definitely a reason (beyond pure greed) that they’ve split the games up and it kind of becomes clear as you play part 1. Remake is uhh…Not quite the right term for this game.
It is nothing but greed. They even have the nerve to release paid DLC on top of it.

Hah in Tim Rogers's review of the game, he says that it should actually be pronounced as "Final Fantasy VII: reMAKE" and that seems maybe more accurate.

I think it's a clever play on words and it definitely works in the scope of the game's story.

FF7 nuMAKE more like it

I'm currently playing the Intermission DLC, which is quite fun. I think they should release it all for one price for PC though.

From the corporate perspective, sure, but on a creative end there are definitely reasons for the choices they made.

Hey, I'm all for it if you can use a Pheonix Down on Aeris. That's a game change I could get behind.

Final Fantasy VII isn't as great as people think it is. Its a great game no doubt, but its not the end all like its been hyped to be. I never had any ambition to play the remake. I'll keep my memories of the original, original.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is bringing the $70 game to PC

Square Enix is the first major publisher to push a $70 base price on PC...it also announced that next year's Forspoken, coming in May, will be the same price...it seems inevitable other publishers will follow Square Enix eventually...

https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-is-bringing-the-dollar70-game-to-pc/

Not the smartest idea when you kept the game from the platform for over a year. Considering how long they kept it, I think there will be a noteworthy backlash. If it was a day one release it might have been minimal. But keeping it from PC for a year and then asking $70 isn't going to sit well. I think most will wait for a hefty sale.

Its the base game, plus a $20 non-trivial DLC included. $70 is fine, in this case.

if it were $70 only for the base game, then I would be upset about it.

it would be great if they allowed you to buy each one separate.

Its the base game, plus a $20 non-trivial DLC included. $70 is fine, in this case.

but Forspoken on PC will also be $70 at release so SE is making $70 the standard for new AAA games

There is some merit to that, but typically if the game is over a year late they'll release it with the DLC included for full price. But then remember they're releasing another game for $70 later.

Yawn, $70 for a late game isn't fine. I paid $30 for horizon zero dawn and its dlc on the pc within a week of release on the epic games store. I'll wait till this drops, I have no fomo for a year old game.

Yawn, $70 for a late game isn't fine. I paid $30 for horizon zero dawn and its dlc on the pc within a week of release on the epic games store. I'll wait till this drops, I have no fomo for a year old game.

$30- $40 on the high end is a fair price for these older console games, no matter how highly regarded they are...God of War PC is $49.99 and who knows how much the Uncharted Legacy collection (2 games) will be on PC

HZD PC was also $49.99 on release but I waited till it was $35 before buying

There is some merit to that, but typically if the game is over a year late they'll release it with the DLC included for full price. But then remember they're releasing another game for $70 later.

Not that it makes the price much better but the Intergrade version came out in June.

As for Forspoken, it’s likely $70 because that is the price for PS5 games. I highly doubt Sony would want them to charge less on a different platform, even if SE wanted to.

Isn't one of three proposed game segments?

I swear to God the game better come with stock if they want people to pay $210 for the whole deal.

Literally, just drop two benjies on Sony and Squaresoft stocks and use the rest on an Ebay copy of FFVII for the PC and you'll be better off.

Isn't one of three proposed game segments?

I swear to God the game better come with stock if they want people to pay $210 for the whole deal.

Literally, just drop two benjies on Sony and Squaresoft stocks and use the rest on an Ebay copy of FFVII for the PC and you'll be better off.

They don’t know how many parts it will be. Three seems likely to be the minimum amount, but we’ll see how far they get in part 2.

What did you expect? SE is one of the most greedy anti-consumer developers out there. They haven't even made a game worth a damn in the past 10 years. I expect FFVII to be at least 4 parts. The first part sold like hot cakes and there is no reason not to milk the hell out the fools.

This FF7 remake, with it's different parts or revisions, has been so confusing to me, I'm probably just going to skip it or maybe I'll wait 10 years when it's supposedly finished and for sale as a complete unit on Steam.

Man first exclusive on console, then exclusive on epic...life of a second class steam/gog PC user

Is this worth playing now or is it better to wait for all the games to be available and binge em all?
IMO, absolutely worth playing now. Lots of content. And there really aren't any other recent, high budget, story driven/character driven action RPGs. except maybe AC: Valhalla?. And Squaresoft finally nailed it with the combat system. Feels much more 'connected" and "tactile", than FF15 or FF13 ever did.

The game certainly isn't perfect as a remake. But I still think that, as a remake, its mostly pretty great. And ignoring the remake aspect----its a very good game in its own right.

Last edited:
One of the only games that is on console that I won’t buy on pc. I played the original on ps1 with a controller and I’m enjoying it on my ps5.

It's kind of hard to play this one part at a time over a period of years when I already know the damn story.

One of the only games that is on console that I won’t buy on pc. I played the original on ps1 with a controller and I’m enjoying it on my ps5.
I'll be using a controller on my pc just the same ;). No console required.

Back