FEAR - Perseus Mandate = Awful

Roberty

Extremely [H]
I really like the FEAR series and just picked up Perseus Mandate. My question is - What happened?? The graphics are awful and it's not up to the earlier's standards - by a long shot. Is it just me or what the hell happened?

After the first expansion pack I just kinda play FEAR because I want to see what happens next and because I like to be scared shitless sometimes. The mindless killing doesn't hurt either.

I really like the FEAR series and just picked up Perseus Mandate. My question is - What happened?? The graphics are awful and it's not up to the earlier's standards - by a long shot. Is it just me or what the hell happened?

Same feelings here. I didn't even finish it. I loved the original and 1st exp. though. Major disappointment.

Uh.... the graphics were the same, some parts weren't coded properly and the FPSes dropped real low, but everything looked the same, if not a touch better than the original game.

I liked Fear PM, but not because of its storyline, I liked it because it was a challenge, because ive beaten fear and fear XP to the point where I know where everyone is coming from and can run and gun pretty much everything.

The people who produced the game (monolith I believe) did not create the two expansion packs, and they no longer have the rights to the name of the game. The genuine sequel to F.E.A.R (Project Origin) which is made by monolith is coming out sometime later this year.

Uh.... the graphics were the same, some parts weren't coded properly and the FPSes dropped real low, but everything looked the same, if not a touch better than the original game.

The game looked much worse in the graphics dept. from what I have seen so far playing it. I've got everything maxed out and it still looks like crap. :confused:

Wow, I was about to pick this game up for $10 at circuit city. Good thing I read this thread.

I tried the demo and it was terrible. That's what happens when you take a great game from the company that made it and hand it over to a bunch of crap-flinging monkeys. Thankfully Monolith is working on Project Origin, which is the real sequel to FEAR and will almost certainly be much better than the expansions.

I don't care for it, either. I recently played the original and then extraction point and really enjoyed them. I started playing P.M. and lost interest pretty quickly. Big disappointment. :(

Studio moved on and publisher retained the naming rights. You got Rickrolled by Sierra!

The reason why PM looks like crap is because the level design is prob the worst ive ever seen.

Yes, level design has ALOT to do with how a game looks.

after finishing Bioshock, I was shocked how bad the environment graphics were in PM.
I don't think the original and EP looked this bad but I dont remember clearly.

Gameplay is the usual FEAR with some new enemies and weapons. Nothing new but I'll finish it for the sake of it.

The grenade launcher in Perseus mandate looks like it came straight out of an FPS 10 years ago

Poor "sequel" in name only.
Played it for about 1 level and gave it away.
Only thing I liked was bouncing grenades around corners.
Project Origin should be much better, I hope.

PM was a major dissapointment. They did try to bring in more open environments though. Gameplay was the usual.

I was absolutely crazy about the original FEAR. I didn't enjoy Extraction Point nearly as much. In fact, I didn't even play all the way through before I lost interest. Since I was dissapointed in EP, I never bought PM. When Project Origin comes out, I'll probably give it a try.

Glad I missed PM.. FEAR and EP were great games.. I still feel like the graphics were a bit antiquated though, at least from a level design perspective, everything was so square.. But the gameplay and atmosphere was hard to beat.

Back