Favorite filaments?

Kelvarr

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok. After blowing through the white sample that was included with my Ender 3 Pro, I am on the hunt for everybody's favorite filament. When I bought the printer, I also purchased some Inland PLA+ to go with it. I haven't used it yet, as I pretty much have to wait for my PTFE tubing for my drybox (30% RH in winter, 60% RH in spring/summer - which is fast approaching).

I intend to be mostly printing D&D miniatures.

Tom from Fat Dragon Games suggests/uses eSun PLA Pro for his minis, so I might try some of that...but I read that the Inland stuff I bought from MC was re-branded eSun stuff.

What other stuff have you guys had good luck with and like? I've seen ads for 3DSoluTech, although not sure of the quality.

I use a lot of hatchbox filament, seems to be the most consistent with my printer.

I have also run some Filacube with success, they have several different colors I like,

I also have some Keeve Village plastics that i use for food safe PLA and specialty filled filaments.

Stay away from 3d solutech, had horrible results, clogging, under extrusion etc.

I like the Hatchbox Filament, and even the Amazon Basics filament in Black isnt bad.

Hatchbox white. Easy to paint, takes primer, and is cheap.

I have only used eSUN PLA PRO (PLA +). It was recommended to me by a coworker and I have never had any trouble with it. (Novice here, I have only used 2 spools so far.)

Monoprice PLA
Overture PLA
Inland and Inland PLA
Overture PETG

Once you have a few prints under your belt, you'll know what changes need to be made to make any PLA work

I use mostly Hatchbox and Inland. Have also messed with Prusament, eSUN, CC3D, Amazon Basic, SUNLU, 3D Solutech, MeltInk, Prima Select, Taulman 3D, and 3DMars. Prusament is my all time fav filament, but it is simply way too expensive and hard to get... only have 3 spools of it.

Hatchbox (via Amazon) and Inland (via MicroCenter) are my main "go to" brands. Starting to really like Inland PLA+ (basically re-branded eSUN) for the price. At $18.99 it is fairly inexpensive and is even on sale sometimes for less). Very consistent filament which really helps with MMU2 mutli-color prints.

I just started in on a fairly involved little project: ~100+ hours of printing with lots of colors involved.

Edit: Finished it!

Last edited:
I use Atomic for PETG and ABS as they have a neat filament holder that lets air flow well. They are also very consistent in their quality between batches so I don't have to Cal new spools and haven't seen any variablity in the last two years.

They also have a partial spool discount from the end of batches that is a good price.

https://atomicfilament.com/collections/discount-clearance

For PLA+ and some PETG+ I use CoeX as they manufacturer in Appleton, WI and their advanced filaments are great.

They also have a switching color discount spools from when they transition the equipment.

https://coexllc.com/products/3d-filaments/coexflex/mystery-coexflex/

Back