Fast question about monitor. 165hz its advertised or its oc?

Near as I know all 165Hz monitors are overclocks. I don't think anyone makes 165Hz panels. The make faster panels, but I've never seen a panel with that as its native rate. I wouldn't worry on it though, at those refresh rates you'd be very hard pressed to see a 21Hz difference. Even the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz is somewhat subtle (noticeable for sure, but subtle) so I wouldn't be concerned.

Near as I know all 165Hz monitors are overclocks. I don't think anyone makes 165Hz panels. The make faster panels, but I've never seen a panel with that as its native rate. I wouldn't worry on it though, at those refresh rates you'd be very hard pressed to see a 21Hz difference. Even the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz is somewhat subtle (noticeable for sure, but subtle) so I wouldn't be concerned.
My monitor is:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/AORUS-FI27Q

Its 165hz they said. But 165hz is OC and its not guaranteed or its is?:)

I mean i can choose in nvidia panel 144hz and 165hz. So its not oc or still oc ?

Well interesting, supposing the information I looked up is correct (and I can't be sure this isn't direct from Gigabyte) it uses an Innolux M270KCJ-K7B panel which IS native 165Hz, something I've never seen before. Another way to tell is if there is any kind of OC on/off thing in the monitor's OSD. In all the cases I've seen with OCable panels, you can turn it on or off in the monitor OSD. If it is on, the refresh rate shows up to the OS, if it is off it doesn't.

Well interesting, supposing the information I looked up is correct (and I can't be sure this isn't direct from Gigabyte) it uses an Innolux M270KCJ-K7B panel which IS native 165Hz, something I've never seen before. Another way to tell is if there is any kind of OC on/off thing in the monitor's OSD. In all the cases I've seen with OCable panels, you can turn it on or off in the monitor OSD. If it is on, the refresh rate shows up to the OS, if it is off it doesn't.
There is nothing in OSD about oc. I cant find. So anyway that issue is monitor related to 165hz only in 1080P?

There is nothing in OSD about oc. I cant find. So anyway that issue is monitor related to 165hz only in 1080P?
What GPU do you have and what kind of connection are you using? That sounds like a bandwidth issue to me, like the connection has the bandwidth for 2.5k @144 but not @165.

Ok well then no problem there, that supports DisplayPort 1.4 which works at 2.5k @165 for sure. I don't see anything indicating it would have a reason not to work at 165Hz in full rez so what I would say is make sure you are using a displayport connection, not HDMI and if you are try getting a new high quality DP cable. If that still doesn't work, contact Gigabyte support.

Back