Farcry 1.4 and HDR

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
For some reason I can't get HDR to enable no matter what I do. AA is turned off just in case it still won't let me run AA and HDR at the same time, but for some reason I still can't enable HDR no matter what I do. The game seems to recognize the command, but it isn't actually changing the HDR levels from 0-7 or anything else. Anyone have any ideas?

This is with the machine in my signature running Windows Vista x64.

Evening bump, I'd really like help with this if anyone has any idea why this wouldn't be working.

I read HDR+AA was disabled in the latest patch, but not sure if that's HDR altogether or not.

I can use HDR just fine in Vista x32 with the 8800GTS and 160.xx drivers, patched to 1.4. I use an "systemcfgoverride.cfg" file in my main farcry directory. Contents are as follows....you may already be doing this.....and be sure to set all details in game to "very high" to let it work. Although HDR + AA is "supposed" to work, I can't get it to, if I enable both at the same time I get corruption, rather, water all over the level.....

d3d9_TripleBuffering = "1"
r_VSync = "1"
e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = "100.000000"
r_FSAA = "0"
r_FSAA_quality = "0"
r_FSAA_samples = "4"
r_HDRRendering = "6"

Lighting Quality and Special Effects Quality both set to Very High?

Just a thought...

I can use HDR just fine in Vista x32 with the 8800GTS and 160.xx drivers, patched to 1.4. I use an "systemcfgoverride.cfg" file in my main farcry directory. Contents are as follows....you may already be doing this.....and be sure to set all details in game to "very high" to let it work. Although HDR + AA is "supposed" to work, I can't get it to, if I enable both at the same time I get corruption, rather, water all over the level.....

d3d9_TripleBuffering = "1"
r_VSync = "1"
e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = "100.000000"
r_FSAA = "0"
r_FSAA_quality = "0"
r_FSAA_samples = "4"
r_HDRRendering = "6"

I'll give this a try.

Lighting Quality and Special Effects Quality both set to Very High?

Just a thought...

Already doing this.

Thanks guys, I'll try the above suggestion.

Back