Far Cry 6

I heard this game has major FPS fluctuations and it's definitely the fault of mgty23's PC. Better diagnose that shit now before it starts smoking.

That is the reason why I haven't played the game yet. Worried my PC will blow up if the FPS in the menu fluctuates.

I heard this game has major FPS fluctuations and it's definitely the fault of mgty23's PC. Better diagnose that shit now before it starts smoking.

Meh
I haven't played this one yet, but the Far Cry series has always been CPU heavy, with the result being FPS fluctuations.

It wasn't uncommon for my old 3930k overclocked to 4.8Ghz to limit the frame rate to the upper 40's FPS in busy scenes.

It was playing through Far Cry 4 (years after release I should add) that convinced me that maybe it was time to upgrade the trusty old 3930k.

FarCry®6 5_19_2022 11_41_28 PM.png

Far Cry 6 waves just after the tutorial

I like this game alot it's like Ghost Recon Wildlands which what I was hoping for.

This game is really picky where it saves I mean I thought it was saving in the top right corner but when I went back to the main menu it went back to my starting area for the mission.

Just the South American setting being close to the Equator Tobbaco and Drugs.

Last edited:
Leave the game come back later my character is stuck in this Lighthouse it's a glitch. So I have to Fast Travel backwards and re-enter the area.
The game looks great at Night but during the day it's way too bright had to adjust my monitor and FOV turned the settings down too.

Is it worth using the HD texture pack for 2560x1440? And will it even be viable with an RTX 3070 with 8GB of VRAM?

Is it worth using the HD texture pack for 2560x1440? And will it even be viable with an RTX 3070 with 8GB of VRAM?

I played with the HD Texture Pack at 1440p with an RTX 3080 10GB...I never played without the HD Texture Pack so I don't know what it looks like without it...I thought the graphics were a mixed bag but overall it looked fine with ray-tracing and the HD Texture Pack...some places looked noticeably better especially during the daytime

I played with the HD Texture Pack at 1440p with an RTX 3080 10GB...I never played without the HD Texture Pack so I don't know what it looks like without it...I thought the graphics were a mixed bag but overall it looked fine with ray-tracing and the HD Texture Pack...some places looked noticeably better especially during the daytime

Any performance issues? Wondering if 8GB of VRAM will cut it.

Any performance issues? Wondering if 8GB of VRAM will cut it.
Would not recommend using the hd texture pack with 8gb of ram, but you can always try it. My guess is you will get some stuttering as it is borderline with a 3080 and 10gb of ram at 1440p if you have raytracing on.

I am currently playing through Far Cry 5 (almost finished) and cannot understand why people still praise this franchise. Each sequel continues to be a template of Far Cry 3 with minor tweaks to game mechanics and insane amounts of shitty side mission padding, coupled with a lack luster plot and completely forgettable characters. Perhaps Far Cry 6 improves on those issues, but I am finding this so fucking boring that I am just speed running through the main quests. That is leaving aside all the technical issues and bugs which still plague this game that should have been ironed out by now (character/enemy pop in, frozen NPCs, NPCs randomly flying straight up into the air, etc).

I am currently playing through Far Cry 5 (almost finished) and cannot understand why people still praise this franchise. Each sequel continues to be a template of Far Cry 3 with minor tweaks to game mechanics and insane amounts of shitty side mission padding, coupled with a lack luster plot and completely forgettable characters. Perhaps Far Cry 6 improves on those issues, but I am finding this so fucking boring that I am just speed running through the main quests. That is leaving aside all the technical issues and bugs which still plague this game that should have been ironed out by now (character/enemy pop in, frozen NPCs, NPCs randomly flying straight up into the air, etc).

FC5 was easily a lot worse than 3/4. New Dawn, the stand alone DLC/sequel, was even worse. But both were still okay. I am hoping FC6 is a bit better.

the last few Far Cry games are basically re-skins...that being said I still had fun with FC6...it's fun to mess around in their sandbox every year or 2...I enjoyed the religious cult villains more than the Cuban dictator...I play these games knowing what they are and don't expect them to be any kind of masterpiece...

FC5 was easily a lot worse than 3/4. New Dawn, the stand alone DLC/sequel, was even worse. But both were still okay. I am hoping FC6 is a bit better.

Far Cry 3 was excellent because of the interesting characters and engaging game loops that I don't remember existing in any other FPS at the time. Its sounding like FC6 is the same derivative slop that Ubi has been churning out ever since. Far Cry is now like the McDonald's of the FPS sandbox genre

the last few Far Cry games are basically re-skins...that being said I still had fun with FC6...it's fun to mess around in their sandbox every year or 2...I enjoyed the religious cult villains more than the Cuban dictator...I play these games knowing what they are and don't expect them to be any kind of masterpiece...

Doesn't fill me with much hope that it is any better. At least there is no shortage of excellent open world games making their way to PC in the future.

What exactly does Fidelityfx Variable Shading do? All summaries I read about it just use marketing jargon without telling what it does in the real world. And is it worth using on Nvidia RTX 3070s?

Likewises for Fidelityfx CAS. Worth using?

I've only run the benchmark so far, but objects in the distance look very blurry and jaggy with all settings maxed out with TAA. With or without HD textures enabled seems to make no difference visually or performance wise. Is the game just like that? Or do one of these AMD specific settings make it look less horrible?

The anti aliasing (TAA at least) just doesn't seem to be working. Or is implemented horribly.

Edit: Seems like nothing works. Opening a menu can take me from 70-80 frame rates down to 25. Quitting to the main menu is a "fix". Randomly approaching something can also cut the frame rates down like that. It seems like this game is buggy and unplayable no matter what settings you choose. Massive frame rate drops randomly happening just make it entirely unplayable.

Edit 2: Looks like some settings kept resetting, namely refresh rate. Once the settings manage to "stick", it works good aside from CTDs.

Last edited:
I loved the first Far Cry and Far Cry 3. However, the last few including this one just don't hold my attention. FC6 looks great, but the gameplay and such is just not appealing to me.

I loved the first Far Cry and Far Cry 3. However, the last few including this one just don't hold my attention. FC6 looks great, but the gameplay and such is just not appealing to me.

I think this might be better than FC5, but still just okay. Haven't finished it though. You can clearly tell 5 and 6 were designed around bullet points. The checkpoint design is very lazy in this game compared to FC3. In that game checkpoints were designed around certain functions, like pulling enemies into the water, or having clear lines of sight to use a sniper rifle. FC6 is just littered with things without much thought into the actual gameplay flow of it. Which makes the many areas just tedious and repetitive.

Also, get a number of CTDs with this game. They're very random. Disappointed it is still buggy this late after launch.

Well, that's a bit disappointing. I went from being excited for this to maybe waiting until it ends up in a Humble Bundle or something. Is there any forced story progression like FC5?

Well, it looks like Empress finally got around to releasing the community version.

I guess Denuvo really has become more difficult to crack since the days it only lasted a few hours to a few days post release.

Well, it looks like Empress finally got around to releasing the community version.

I guess Denuvo really has become more difficult to crack since the days it only lasted a few hours to a few days post release.
What is empress? Some kind of piracy thing?

Yeesh, she sounds horrible from that article.

She isn't humble, that's for sure, but maybe some bragging rights are in order when you are the only person in the world that can seem to pull something off.

Still, I like humble people better :p

Well, that's a bit disappointing. I went from being excited for this to maybe waiting until it ends up in a Humble Bundle or something. Is there any forced story progression like FC5?

Does Ubisoft put games on Humble? It is okay, with I've had some crashes and other annoying bugs. Like a dead NPC blocking a door from opening forcing me to reload a checkpoint save.

FPS is better than 3rd person shooters, so the combat is better in Far Cry 6 than Days Gone. But if you're looking for an open world shooter Days Gone was a lot more polished and had a much better story.

She isn't humble, that's for sure, but maybe some bragging rights are in order when you are the only person in the world that can seem to pull something off.

Still, I like humble people better :p
Oh, I meant her viewpoints. Her attitude is a whole other matter...

Thank god I finally finished FC5, play time was 11 hours but honestly felt like 30 with how tedious it was. And holy fuck, having to listen to 4 emotionally tortured and uninteresting antagonists give boring as fuck monologues followed by terrible boss missions made me want to uninstall half way through. At least I won't feel the need to play another FC game again for at least a couple of years.

Thank god I finally finished FC5, play time was 11 hours but honestly felt like 30 with how tedious it was. And holy fuck, having to listen to 4 emotionally tortured and uninteresting antagonists give boring as fuck monologues followed by terrible boss missions made me want to uninstall half way through. At least I won't feel the need to play another FC game again for at least a couple of years.

I thought it was quite good. And I must have gotten 30+ hours out of it, but I do tend to be a little bit of s completionist.

Don't get me wrong. It was not as good as FC3 or FC4, which are both tied as my favorites is the series, but I still found it plenty fun.

Now, New Dawn on the other hand, that was a total snooze fest. I finished it, and all of its side quests, but only because I was stubborn, not because I had any fun doing so.

Last edited:
Back