Far Cry 6

You realy need to focus more on enjoying games on your pc and less on comparing differences in fps between your pc znd some other random PC on the internet. All it gives you is an idea of performance, not a 1v1 comparison.

There is a reason certain test have a margin of error
Well said. Good advice.

in the Settings menu there is 'FidelityFX CAS' and 'FidelityFX variable shading'...I have an RTX 3080, is it better to enable those two FidelityFX settings?

I'm not really liking the game all that much in the early going...graphics are also underwhelming with everything maxed out including ray-tracing plus the HD Texture Pack

I'm not really liking the game all that much in the early going...graphics are also underwhelming with everything maxed out including ray-tracing plus the HD Texture Pack

It's just a rehashed version of the FarCry formula ever since FC3. If you like it, you'll like the game. If you don't, there's nothing really unique about the game that would make it stand out.

I liked the game. I think my favorite was still FC4, then this one, then FC3, then FC5.

It's just a rehashed version of the FarCry formula ever since FC3. If you like it, you'll like the game. If you don't, there's nothing really unique about the game that would make it stand out.

I liked the game. I think my favorite was still FC4, then this one, then FC3, then FC5.

even though they've basically been re-skins, I've enjoyed all the previous games, mainly because of the unique settings...FC5 with the crazy cult family was really fun...you don't see many games set in rural Montana...I'm still in the tutorial area of FC6 and I like the Cuban dictator vibe but the island setting is too much of a re-skin of FC1 and FC3

The same score on mine 10850K and rtx 3090.Is any sense to change to 12900k?

I have actually Gigabyte Gaming Rtx 3090 and 10850K stock. But i am thinking that i am bottlenecked in Far Cry 6. I compared fps with other users with 12900K and they have average +20 fps more than me, because of cpu. I can sell Rtx 3090 for good prize and 10850K. And buy 3080 Ti with 12900K. Is any sense? Thanks

Last edited:
graphics aren't bad in FC6 but overall textures have this plastic look to it...AMD ray-tracing is not on the level of Nvidia sponsored games...it's a half-way implementation...according to the Digital Foundry Tech Review of FC6 RT shadows/reflections are only quarter resolution...RT reflections are better but it doesn't affect all reflections- water, glass etc all don't use RT

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

The same score on mine 10850K and rtx 3090.Is any sense to change to 12900k?

I have actually Gigabyte Gaming Rtx 3090 and 10850K stock. But i am thinking that i am bottlenecked in Far Cry 6. I compared fps with other users with 12900K and they have average +20 fps more than me, because of cpu. I can sell Rtx 3090 for good prize and 10850K. And buy 3080 Ti with 12900K. Is any sense? Thanks

Probably a defective PSU.

now that I'm past the prologue/tutorial island I'm enjoying the game more...that Supremo weapon is pretty cool...I also like that unlike the more recent FC games, FC6 has fire propagation (fire spreads)...graphics are very hit and miss- sometimes the lighting, RT reflections and textures can look really good and other times they look lower res

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.png
    5.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 6.png
    6.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 7.png
    7.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
now that I'm past the prologue/tutorial island I'm enjoying the game more...that Supremo weapon is pretty cool...I also like that unlike the more recent FC games, FC6 has fire propagation (fire spreads)...graphics are very hit and miss- sometimes the lighting, RT reflections and textures can look really good and other times they look lower res
badass :) nice

this is definitely more of the same Far Cry formula but it's still fun...but the plane controls absolutely suck...helicopter controls are fine but the plane is really hard to fly...in FC5 it was manageable but in this it's awful

40 hours in and I'm still less than halfway through the game...it's the typical Ubisoft game but FC6 does have some interesting areas (dinosaur theme park)...the map is also really big...I spend most of my time exploring and doing side quests...the Amigo companions are fun but overpowered...graphics can look really impressive in some areas...foliage could use some work but the terrain can be really beautiful- mountains, waterfront, jungle etc

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 4.png
    4.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 5.png
    5.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi. I am gettin weird random fps drops. When playing i have 85-100fps.but when i am running or riding horse or in car,my fps drops for second to 60 and back again to 85fps. Is this because i have poor cpu? I dont see that issue on some youtube gameplays. Thanks.

My system is clean. Windows 10. Nothing OC. Using all ultra,1440P,RT ON both.

Increased demand on the GPU due to moving faster which is causing a voltage drop in your PSU. The voltage drop causes your gpu to down clock until the voltages get back to normal, which only happens when you slow down in game.

I finished the game last night...it felt like another reskin but overall it was a fun game...I loved the Yara/Cuba setting and graphics...voice acting of female Dani was excellent and it really did a nice job capturing the Cuban/Spanish vibe

I did all of the main story missions, side missions, captured all the FND bases, checkpoints, got all the companions etc...only thing I didn't do much of was the collection of chests and other trinkets...you really notice all the filler the further you get into the game when it starts to become tedious...the vehicles, weapons etc were fun to mess around with (plane controls sucked)

spending time doing everything is fairly pointless as you can easily dominate with the early weapons...no need to get everything upgraded etc...once you get your Supremo plus other gadgets such as grenades the game is not challenging at all...I like to take my time and explore everything in games which is why it took me 70+ hours to complete...Elden Ring should easily be a 150+ hour game for me

Grade: B

Attachments

• FC6.png
    FC6.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 0
40 hours in and I'm still less than halfway through the game...it's the typical Ubisoft game but FC6 does have some interesting areas (dinosaur theme park)...the map is also really big...I spend most of my time exploring and doing side quests...the Amigo companions are fun but overpowered...graphics can look really impressive in some areas...foliage could use some work but the terrain can be really beautiful- mountains, waterfront, jungle etc
badass

the end credits in Far Cry 6 is a whopping 57 minutes long...might be a new record as far as end-game credits

Death Stranding has a 3 hour long credits sequence but it does include gameplay, credits, cut scenes and goes back and fourth between the three constantly.

Death Stranding has a 3 hour long credits sequence but it does include gameplay, credits, cut scenes and goes back and fourth between the three constantly.

with Far Cry 6 it's only credits and no gameplay/cutscenes etc...at least with id Software games they post pictures of the development team alongside the credits to liven it up a bit

Someone with 12900K and DDR4 on youtube.Why he dont have drops like me here? I tested the same area and my fps are 85 fps with random drops to 65 fps. He dont have drops and steady 90-110fps. Is this because i have 10850K?

Someone with 12900K and DDR4 on youtube.Why he dont have drops like me here? I tested the same area and my fps are 85 fps with random drops to 65 fps. He dont have drops and steady 90-110fps. Is this because i have 10850K?

Probably. The 12900k is a significantly better processor than the one you have now.

Does the game feel anything like Ghost Recon Wildlands? Setting wise like Bolivia?

This is strange. Someone with the same drops on 5900x+ 3080ti,which is good processor. Look at beggining when in car:

FEAR 1 :) if i remember correctly. Mostly of time i run game for a while then quit because i am bored :) But i like to watching good graphics.

FEAR came out in 2005...so you bought a 3090 GPU just to benchmark your games and not actually play?...in the last few weeks I played and finished Doom Eternal + DLC, Guardians of the Galaxy and Far Cry 6...you'll know if your system is stable by playing games and looking for artifacts, crashes etc but don't worry about every little frame rate drop or minor glitch...games are buggy and it doesn't always mean you need a new GPU or CPU

FEAR came out in 2005...so you bought a 3090 GPU just to benchmark your games and not actually play?...in the last few weeks I played and finished Doom Eternal + DLC, Guardians of the Galaxy and Far Cry 6...you'll know if your system is stable by playing games and looking for artifacts, crashes etc but don't worry about every little frame rate drop or minor glitch...games are buggy and it doesn't always mean you need a new GPU or CPU
True :) You right/

Well if he likes benchmarking only then I suppose that is a hobby in its own way. Me, I'd rather just play games. I used to benchmark all my GPUs during an upgrade so I can see for myself how much of an actual improvement I got from the upgrade. Now I don't really bother. I'll run a few benchmarks to verify it is working and I am seeing roughly expected gains.

yeah it was cpu. Now i am getting the same fps on 12900K and 3090 Ti Gaming :)

I have an question about Far Cry 6. I loaded game,and i stuck on the same place. I cant move forward,backward,just stuck in one place. Like keyboard stop working. Only mouse was working.
Then i pressed "M" on keyboard and use fast travel to other place and was fine , and i was able to move. It was game bug or no stability?

Back