Far Cry 6

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
https://twitter.com/anjohn0422/status/1281540632754876417

EcjyQ1IVcAEFso_?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Description

Preorder now to get a state-of-the-art Discos Locos weapon and a skin for Chorizo

Upgrade to PlayStation®5 Version: This Digital FAR CRY®6 PlayStation®4 game gives access to the corresponding FAR CRY®6 PlayStation®5 digital version at no additional cost, when available. Requires a PlayStation®5 or a PlayStation®5 Digital Edition, a PlayStation® Network registration, additional storage & Broadband internet connection. May incur bandwidth usage fees.

Preorder now to get a state-of-the-art Discos Locos weapon and a skin for Chorizo

Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.

FIGHT FOR FREEDOM Play as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran and become a guerrilla fighter to liberate the nation

YARA TORN APART Fight against Anton's troops in the largest Far Cry playground to date across jungles, beaches and Esperanza the capital city of Yara

GUERRILLA FIREPOWER Employ makeshift weapons, vehicles, and Amigos, the new Fangs for Hire to burn the tyrannical regime to the ground

Offline single player Online multiplayer (2 players). A paid-for PlayStation Plus membership is required. Online features require an account and are subject to our terms of service (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service), our privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy), and the game publisher’s privacy policy. Uses DUALSHOCK 4 vibration function Optional In-game purchases Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service), privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy), and the game publisher’s privacy policy.

Purchase or use of this item is subject to SEN Terms of Service and User Agreement.

Last edited:
Probably just the same old crap since FC3: clear camp, capture tower. I'm in.

LOL I like this. It's honest...we all know what we're going to get... most of us are in anyways.

In all seriousness I hope they freshen some things up and do a little "Assassins Creed Origins" style rebooting on some of this.

I'd be down for new fresh content & gameplay. I just don't want the progress locked scenarios of 5 since I was always in the middle of something when I got yanked.

Maybe they should add in some of the awesomeness of the Mars DLC. Great guns & jumping w/ no fall damage.

Feels Far Cry needs some reboot of their concept at this point, it's gotten to a point there's too many minigames to micromanage and typically new titles need new stuff etc.

Maybe go back to Far Cry 1's roots this time and give a more cinematic/story driven game instead of the sandbox minigame wreckfest with zero immersion, I would be down for it. For me the open-world sandbox minigame infested world it's become more and more works against my interest because it's way too many minigames or repetition of the same all over the map. Best way to apply minigames are the Far Cry 5 arcade machines, I'm okay with that.

Just hope the graphics are over the top.
This will be a Epic game or just a UBI launcher game New Dawn just made the cut for the Steam Launcher last year.

I'm probably in for the game too. I've enjoyed the series for the most part.

I enjoyed FC5. One of the few games I've played all the way through. Didn't do The New Dawn, though.

I played them both. I liked New Dawn. It played more like a classic Far Cry game and less like FC5. You had to go talk to someone to start a mission so no forced progressions. It was obviously much shorter than FC5.

My favorite is still FC4. I never played Primal either.

The only FarCry I skipped was Primal. For those asking for reboots, Im curious what could be changed that wouldnt ruin the title. FarCry is like Metro, GTA, Borderlands and Tomb Raider to me. It has its feel, its known play style and known feature set and they don't really stray from that design for fans. FC3/4/5/ND were all basically the same.

As a fan of the series, I don't know what I would change. A Fallout style NPC decision made path? Tomb Raider puzzles? Loot drop weapon variances? Crafting system for a survival type setup and NPC rescue? Reboots to drastic will destroy the series.

I will be in on FarCry 6 most likely. Still one of the best environments to visually explore by land/sea/air......while blowing shit up.

I'll get it. But I hope they do not do the bullshit, forced progression like 5.

What happened to the other thread on this? Looks like more of the same. If it plays more like 3/4 it would be a step up from 5/ND. Would prefer something new, but another retread of those wouldn't be the worst thing.

Since this is pretty much the same formula I hope they make the antagonist more interesting this go around. FC3 had a clever one, although his screen time was so short. FC4 was also decent. FC5's antagonists just didn't make any sense at all, just straight up crazy people which wasn't very interesting.

Last edited:
I'm sick of Far Crys. Yes I know, don't buy the game and play them. But my curiousity is piqued.

Damn you Ubisoft.

the kid in Far Cry 6 has the exact same facial scar as Vaas from FC3...so unless it's a strange coincidence then it's an origin story

One of the rumors circulating around the Net is that Michael mando as Vaas is back. I think that's being based on the teaser though so...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
hopefully it's an Epic Store exclusive to piss off the haters :D
After FC5 and ND, I have no confidence in FarCry anymore. If they go exclusive that would mean they don't have either, so they'd be helping me make a decision.

After FC5 and ND, I have no confidence in FarCry anymore. If they go exclusive that would mean they don't have either, so they'd be helping me make a decision.

Like ubi would not sell their own game on their own store.

Like ubi would not sell their own game on their own store.
Of course they would, I was not the one proposing the idea. You'd need uplay to run the game anyway so it would be pointless to buy the game elsewhere in the first place.

Actually he does, and let taco guess...it'll be a plot twist and he is actually a she?🤔
(Could be an internally struggling and unstable gender fluid? The possibilities are endless!)
I honestly don't care either way, I have a strictly wait and see approach after new dawn. I suspect it's just bad character design.

These days, when people say EGS exclusive, I think what they often mean is "not Steam". Which, that is pretty likely going to be the case with Ubisoft going forward. Anno 1800, Division 2, and Breakpoint have all skipped Steam. Valhala can be pre-ordered on EGS, nothing on Steam. I think many would call these EGS exclusives, even though they are obviously available on and require uplay to run.

Of course they would, I was not the one proposing the idea. You'd need uplay to run the game anyway so it would be pointless to buy the game elsewhere in the first place.

I actually do not find it pointless. I have two uplay titles on EGS, and one Origin title. I purchased all of them during EGS sales, where-in their additional tossed in discounts put them all at all-time low prices. I am numb to the launcher conversation at this point. I won't pay more to get a title on a preferred launcher, I get them where they are cheapest.

Also, Steam and EGS do a better job keeping things updated, at least the way I use them. I leave Steam and Epic open all the time, which means my games are always kept current and ready to be played (this includes most titles that require third party launchers). Uplay and Origin, which I use a lot less, I don't leave open, which means I often find myself having to update games I own on them every time I try to play them. That means it's advantageous for me to buy their games through other launchers, knowing full well it still requires their native launcher to run.

Obviously these things are subjective, but in my case, even if I were purchasing at full price (which I would not for Far Cry, or really any Ubi title these days), my preference would be to EGS or Steam just for the ease of keeping the games up to date and having them integrated into one of my two main digital libraries. Same goes for Origin titles. The only reason I'd purchase a game directly on Origin or Uplay is if they (or a third party key seller) were the cheapest option.

Last edited:
Well, how does this work, lad? Do you start up epic store-->fire up game-->it starts uplay--> and then game actually starts?

Yes. Epic will keep the game up to date. Launch through Epic, it will automatically start uplay and launch the game with no intervention required by me. You might see a uplay splash screen if it's got to sync cloud data or something, but that's usually it. I do not remember if it closes uplay again when I'm done, but I don't think it does. So you still have to do that if you don't want it running (but you'd have to do that anyway, if you don't want it running).

Process is the same through Steam, for Ubi games still sold there. It's worked this way for years and years. In the very early days, uplay games on Steam were a pain in the ass. Over the years, they've done a decent job at making uplay as unobtrusive as possible.

EDIT: Also, worth noting, I believe in both cases (uplay and origin), once the game is purchased and activated on it's respective launcher, they do not need to be launched through EGS. So, say something is cheaper on EGS, you can buy it there, activate it on uplay, and then from that point on only launch through uplay if that is your preference. I do not know is EGS is required to be running, or if any other kind of connection is required to verify ownership, but I don't believe so. I know for sure though that I've launched games directly on uplay (and origin) that i've purchased on EGS.

Last edited:
Far Cry sure got the crying thing right everything after Far Cry 1 is hardly memorable.

Far Cry sure got the crying thing right everything after Far Cry 1 is hardly memorable.

I give Far Cry 2 and 3 credit. Far Cry 2 at least tried to do some new and interesting things. As it turned out, those new and interesting things did not make for an enjoyable game, but at least they tried. Far Cry 3 was mostly very good. It's story was dumb, and there was a little too much "assassins creed with guns" going on... but it was still fun to play and enough of what it did was fresh enough that it didn't feel like a copy of a copy of a copy. The problem is that Far Cry 3's high critical and commercial reception took away any incentive for Ubisoft to try new things or take risks. If FC3 sold well, surely reskinning that game in the Mountains will sell well too (and it did). And since FC4 sold well, surely reskinning that game and setting it in the plains will sell well too (and again, it did). Ubisoft is being lazy and uninspiring, and they are being rewarded handsomely for it. If people don't stop buying their lazy games, they aren't going to stop making lazy games.

FC2 is better than most give credit for. It had a few short comings, how you unlocked weapons (same repeating intercept the truck mission), respawning checkpoints too quickly and the story at times was lackluster and not present. Aside from that it was great.

Back