fan troubles gtx950

Jbort1984

[H]ard|Gawd
So i purchased 2 Asus Strix gtx 950 from a forum member everything went great got here in 1 piece shipping was on time and fast. I installed 1 card and kids was as happy as can be but the other card for some reason fans sound like there at 100% but the software from asus says fans 0% even if i manual put to 100 and then knock it back 80% 50% 0% the do not slow down or stop. any ideas there decently loud would like to turn them down to like 50-75% atleast

pull the cards, clean the driver, re-install one by one. Install noisy card first to debug. You weren't clear.. sli or two diff boxes?

sorry 1 box 1 card card goes 100% before windows post and stays that way with or without driver and software installed

sorry 1 box 1 card card goes 100% before windows post and stays that way with or without driver and software installed
try what I said but u probably now have a beef with the seller. If the card jacks up to 100 without drivers, it's probably bad. check that it's seated in the slot, swap cards between computers.. ebay has money back guarantee. Not sure how to work the angles purchasing here.

check the fan header make sure it and all the pins are seated correctly. its not getting a fan rpm signal so its trying to run them faster to get one and its not which is causing it to run at full power.

pulled the card and found my issue one of my sata ports broke the fan header on the card luckily it looks like i can resolder the connection and everything should be ok.

Back