Facebook To Halt Tracking Non-Facebook Users In Belgium

HardOCP News

[H] News
In an effort to comply with a recent court ruling in Belgium, Facebook will now only track users that are logged into their accounts. Facebook plans to appeal the ruling but has decided to comply in the mean time to avoid massive fines.

The company's action means Belgians will have to log into Facebook before they can see Facebook pages, forcing them to create and sign into an account if they want to view the pages or related content. Previously non-users could view public Facebook pages from sports teams, celebrities, tourist attractions and businesses without needing to log into Facebook.

Yes! Finally some sense. It always creeps me out when fb sends me suggestions of people I might know... It sometimes does feel like they know too much even though I use my account only briefly less than once a month.

Yes! Finally some sense. It always creeps me out when fb sends me suggestions of people I might know... It sometimes does feel like they know too much even though I use my account only briefly less than once a month.
This is exactly what made me avoid FB. I'd have clients who would sign up to FB and click that "upload my whole address book and spam everyone with invites" button that used to be the default back then.

Scared the hell out of me the first time I started getting these messages. It was how wide they had connected parts of my life already! And last thing I needed was my clients to have access to my private life!!

Worst part was how hard it was to contact FB to tell them to stop sending the invites. I eventually found a way, but it was hard as a non-member.

I now use Ad-Block to kill the little FB Like icons that are everywhere. This is the heart of their tracking bugs system. If you see a "FB Like" button on a website then it means that datr cookie is watching you....

Have another link: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/1...og_block_all_the_cookies_across_the_web_then/

Back