Eye-strain with new monitor - how did you deal with it?

I was very skeptical but I broke down and ordered blue blocker glasses from Felix Gray. They have made a huge difference for me. Some days it was getting so bad I could barely see. I felt like I was going blind.

I felt like I was going blind.

I can sympathize with that. I too was feeling like there was something seriously wrong with my eyes, actually getting legitimately worried. I'm 35, and I've been using glasses since I was 15. Only last November I started to notice worsening symptoms, and this spring it got bad. Looking forward to a new monitor and prescription will do for me.

That said, I just found this Acer ED323QUR that has everything I want: VA, 32", QHD, curved, 144hz. It's not 4K, but that's a small concession to get everything else. I'll probably get this later this summer and will report back. Hope y'all keep posting about eye-strain issues, I've found this conversation enlightening and inclusive. We really all are affected by very different things!

I just bought a Philips 328E9FJAB on Newegg: 32" QHD VA, "only" 75hz but %122 sRGB - I was being tempted by 144hz monitors but I really care more about color reproduction than ultra-smoothness. Best of all, Newegg is now selling it for $289 down from the $330 Amazon charges, and while I was going to wait until the end of the summer, I didn't want to miss a good deal. The Philips is curved, so I still get to experiment how much eye-strain is improved by that.

Should be here in a week. Will keep you guys posted.

If you use led bulbs for room lighting ditch them and get incandesants pick up a luminoodle white bias light strip all the others are garbage as well.

If you use led bulbs for room lighting ditch them and get incandesants pick up a luminoodle white bias light strip all the others are garbage as well.

Aren't luminoodles also LED? How would that help? I used to have a LED strip behind the monitor for bias lighting and I can't say it helped anything...

Also, check this article - according to recent reports if you use warm LED lights, their blue light phototoxicity is similar to old-style bulbs, so that's probably not a factor that aggravates eye-strain (at least not in my case, since I use warm LEDs).

BTW, a super cheap hack you can do if your LEDs are purer white is to get a red/orange permanent marker and stain the LED. It's effective and quite noticeably warmer for very low cost :) Here's my old LED strip:

upload_2019-5-20_16-25-58.png
SMWcGopDPVOXB-DSNArguVg9wQCDQMQwBW2UnqpyqpO2ib6kj3NBedVdwSyr5qkhocxNtIhzKMU96YvYL_=w1250-h938-no.jpg

Last edited:
I tried a warm Edison bulb I felt really good but after being exposed to the fluorescent bulbs at work I couldn't use the warm bulbs anymore.

I got some mild eye fatigue after returning to programming today and spending the whole day on it. I had plenty of natural ambient light and lots of breaks. And it got me searching for information on this issue again. Searching for 'LED retina damage' turned up that a recent study from France found AGAIN what many of us already know through experience, that LED blue-light can damage the eyes. But their study says that high-intensity blue light from LED's is the culprit, rather than LED blue-light in general. I think that isn't true and that more studies will show this over time. And according to these studies of LED blue light, once the retinas are damaged, there is no turning back. In my own case, my new VA monitor has surely been helpful, but I think that damage has been done already by previous displays.

Maisons-Alfort (France) (AFP)

The "blue light" in LED lighting can damage the eye's retina and disturb natural sleep rhythms, France's government-run health watchdog said this week.

New findings confirm earlier concerns that "exposure to an intense and powerful [LED] light is 'photo-toxic' and can lead to irreversible loss of retinal cells and diminished sharpness of vision," the French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety (ANSES) warned in a statement.

The agency recommended in a 400-page report that the maximum limit for acute exposure be revised, even if such levels are rarely met in home or work environments.

The report distinguished between acute exposure of high-intensity LED light, and "chronic exposure" to lower intensity sources.

While less dangerous, even chronic exposure can "accelerate the ageing of retinal tissue, contributing to a decline in visual acuity and certain degenerative diseases such as age-related macular degeneration," the agency concluded.

Long-lasting, energy efficient and inexpensive, light-emitting diode (LED) technology has gobbled up half of the general lighting market in a decade, and will top 60 percent by the end of next year, according to industry projections.

LED uses only a fifth of the electricity needed for an incandescent bulb of comparable brightness.

The world's leading LED light-bulb makers are GE Lighting, Osram and Philips.

The basic technology for producing a white light combines a short wavelength LED such as blue or ultraviolet with a yellow phosphor coating. The whiter or "colder" the light, the greater the proportion of blue in the spectrum.

- Circadian rhythm -

LEDs are used for home and street lighting, as well as in offices and industry.

That are also increasingly found in auto headlights, torches (flashlights) and some toys.

LED cellphone, tablet and laptop screens do not pose a risk of eye damage because their luminosity is very low compared to other types of lighting, Francine Behar-Cohen, an ophthalmologist and head of the expert group that conducted the review, told journalists.

But these back-lit devices -- especially when they are used at night or in a dark setting -- can "disturb biological rhythms, and thus sleep patterns," the agency cautioned.

Because the crystalline lens in their eyes are not fully formed, children and adolescents are particularly susceptible to such disruptions, the ANSES reports noted.

Interfering with the body's circadian rhythm is also known to aggravate metabolic disorders such a diabetes, as well as cardiovascular disease and some forms of cancer, noted Dina Attia, a researcher and project manager at ANSES.

In addition, a stroboscopic affect in some LED lights -- provoked by tiny fluctuations in electric current -- can induce "headaches, visual fatigue and a higher risk of accidents," the report said.

For domestic lighting, ANSES recommended buying "warm white" LED lighting, limiting exposure to LED sources with a high concentration of blue light, and avoiding LED screens before bedtime.

ANSES also said that manufacturers should "limit the luminous intensity of vehicle headlights," some of which are too bright.

Finally, the agency cast doubt on the efficacy of some "anti-blue light" filters and sunglasses.

? 2019 AFP

https://www.france24.com/en/20190515-led-light-can-damage-eyes-health-authority-warns

The report (in French): https://www.anses.fr/en/node/139064

Also, there was a past study from Spain which reached a similar conclusion: https://www.upi.com/Science_News/20...n-retinas-researchers-say/UPI-52041368287606/

I think it's something that heavy users of computer displays should keep in mind. And remember that over history many things have been touted as safe until more study was instigated over time.
tzone_01.jpg

I'm seriously questioning my own computer usage at this point. As I have said earlier in the thread, I think that damage has already been done, and when I stay away from computer displays (haven't tried returning to CRT or CCFL) my eyes feel fine. My eyes have felt mostly fine until today (only getting a bit tired here and there), but I have just returned to programming today, which tends to involve long concentration and focus on text.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're having problems again, partikl . Your eyes definitely can get damaged over years and you don't get that back. I've had the new Philips monitor for a few days and I've been very happy with it, I'll try to make a review soon. This week I finally got my new glasses - old prescription was .25 off so that wasn't really contributing to my eye problems. I got the new lenses with blue blocking coatings AND I made them transitional. My new ophthalmologist explained (and then I googled myself) that just 15 minutes of being outside does just as much harm as a whole day in front of your screen, so LEDs are not the only culprit: not wearing sunglasses is just as bad, as you're forcing all that blue light in your eyes and different people's retinas will decay at different speeds. Well, I'm beyond in love with these new glasses: everything has a very slight, nearly imperceptible warm tone to it, and my eyes are SO comfortable all day. I specially notice it at night, like now, when I'm using my computer and I have zero discomfort despite the monitor being the only bring thing in the room. It's seriously impressive. The transition coating is new to me, but already is making a huge difference - I barely notice it happening, I notice it when I realize if I look out of the frame and see it's so much brighter than what I'm seeing through glasses. Never looks "dark", just perfect. A few days with them, and my eyes are very noticeably more relaxed: no tension, pressure, strain, burning... nothing. If you keep having problems, blue light block + transitionals might help you too. In my case the blue light coating was included, the transitional was "only" $70 extra so I decided to try it - I might keep getting it in all my new glasses. So far, excellent.

I'll see if I can make a review of the Philips monitor tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you're having problems again, partikl . Your eyes definitely can get damaged over years and you don't get that back. I've had the new Philips monitor for a few days and I've been very happy with it, I'll try to make a review soon. This week I finally got my new glasses - old prescription was .25 off so that wasn't really contributing to my eye problems. I got the new lenses with blue blocking coatings AND I made them transitional. My new ophthalmologist explained (and then I googled myself) that just 15 minutes of being outside does just as much harm as a whole day in front of your screen, so LEDs are not the only culprit: not wearing sunglasses is just as bad, as you're forcing all that blue light in your eyes and different people's retinas will decay at different speeds. Well, I'm beyond in love with these new glasses: everything has a very slight, nearly imperceptible warm tone to it, and my eyes are SO comfortable all day. I specially notice it at night, like now, when I'm using my computer and I have zero discomfort despite the monitor being the only bring thing in the room. It's seriously impressive. The transition coating is new to me, but already is making a huge difference - I barely notice it happening, I notice it when I realize if I look out of the frame and see it's so much brighter than what I'm seeing through glasses. Never looks "dark", just perfect. A few days with them, and my eyes are very noticeably more relaxed: no tension, pressure, strain, burning... nothing. If you keep having problems, blue light block + transitionals might help you too. In my case the blue light coating was included, the transitional was "only" $70 extra so I decided to try it - I might keep getting it in all my new glasses. So far, excellent.

I'll see if I can make a review of the Philips monitor tomorrow.

I don't need glasses, but I think it would be worth revisiting the eye doc for this issue specifically. Excuse my ignorance on all things glasses, but when you say 'transistional lenses' you mean lenses that change tint according to light conditions?

I recently talked to my niece, who will be an eye doc someday. I told her that getting a VA monitor has been hugely helpful. It definitely is in general, but working more intensely with text (programming) seems to push things. And I asked her if she still gets eye fatigue from computers (we talked about it before, and she was experiencing very similar, although milder, symptoms to myself), and she said that since she got blue light blocking lenses she hasn't experienced it again.

Anyway, maybe with a VA monitor and some glasses that have blue blocking (and maybe transistional tinting) I would be ok. It sounds worth trying. Thanks.

I don't need glasses, but I think it would be worth revisiting the eye doc for this issue specifically. Excuse my ignorance on all things glasses, but when you say 'transistional lenses' you mean lenses that change tint according to light conditions?

Exactly, transitionals get darker when in strong sunlight, go back to normal in interiors. It takes like 15 seconds for the full transition. I've never had them until now, but I'm noticing the benefit mainly in how "relaxed" my eyes are all day long. I'm told by friends I should keep noticing benefits for a couple weeks, until my eyes have fully relaxed after years of strain.

Even if you don't use prescription glasses, it could be useful to get non-prespriction blue light blocking ones. Most importantly, always remember to bring your sunglasses when you go out. It wouldn't make sense for you to get transitionals if you're not wearing glasses all day, I'd think - added expense, same inconvenience as having to remember to grab your regular sunglasses. I can tell you that the transitional part doesn't react to the monitor, because it's not enough light, obviously. The transitional part helps outside, but if you always bring your sunglasses it wouldn't be a problem. Then again, if you're wearing glasses, and they automatically adjust depending on brightness, I'm not getting the protection 100% of the time.

For partikl and others - I just posted a brief review of the Philips curved monitor here. Eye-strain wise, so far it's going really well. I'm enjoying the wrap-around feeling of the curve, contrast is excellent, no flicker, color is wonderful. I'm hoping it'll keep going fine for me. Will keep updating if anything changes.

My new ophthalmologist explained (and then I googled myself) that just 15 minutes of being outside does just as much harm as a whole day in front of your screen, so LEDs are not the only culprit: not wearing sunglasses is just as bad, as you're forcing all that blue light in your eyes and different people's retinas will decay at different speeds.
Do you really believe light harms eyes?

Imho opposite is true and lack of strong stimulation makes eyes wimble and weak and complain about everything instead of doing their task: converting photons to electrochemical impulses.

Do you really believe light harms eyes?

It's not what I believe, it's what science proves. Talk to an ophthalmologist. I've had several give me similar explanations. I tend to trust science, paired with my own personal experiences.

Don't forget - your eyes are not like everyone's. Just because something is not problematic for you, it doesn't mean it isn't for millions of others.

It's not what I believe, it's what science proves. Talk to an ophthalmologist. I've had several give me similar explanations. I tend to trust science, paired with my own personal experiences.
Science also says that sun light stimulates dopamine release in eyes and it is needed to maintain good eye-health and lack of proper stimulation is most likely the cause of rising eyesight issues in young people. This rings with me better than "wear sunglasses at all times when outside" which does not make any sense given my own experiences with sunlight improving eyesight.

Don't forget - your eyes are not like everyone's. Just because something is not problematic for you, it doesn't mean it isn't for millions of others.
I did sun gazing and felt my eyes being literally burned... so I guess my eyes are truly different ◠‿◠

Fortunately eyes work the way I felt they do and not how your ophthalmologist think eyes work. Besides what interest your eye doctor have in you seeing well? Sorry, I had to say this...

Fortunately eyes work the way I felt they do and not how your ophthalmologist think eyes work. Besides what interest your eye doctor have in you seeing well? Sorry, I had to say this...

Keywords from your post are: "proper stimulation" and "my own experiences". So, let me fix your statement: Fortunately YOUR eyes work the way YOU felt they do. That does not apply to all humans on Earth.

I'll take the opinion of well regarded doctors both in Europe and the USA over a random online forum commenter. Thanks :)

Erm, I skimmed some of the things in this last page. Seems like there is a bit off topic, but anyway.

My 2 cents are: get monitors that are truly flicker free. That have excellent backlights that aren't attached to PWMs. Generally they cost more, but frankly, so do your eyes. Considering it's the interface part of your computer and it's what you spend your entire day looking at: investing here I think is worth it. There are other things you can do ergonomically as well:
-Technically eye level should be at the top of your screen (not the center like you would for movies).
-Scale your desktop as well as to make everything easy to see and read (I use high resolution displays for photography and video, but I don't need 100% for the rest of the desktop). Doing that could help a lot.
-And finally try lowering your brightness (unless you're in an incredibly bright room). I find that if I'm in a dark room with a very bright monitor it wrecks my eyes far faster. I typically set my colorimeter to 100cdm/2. There are tons of people maxing out their brightness to 350-500+ and that to me is eye frying levels of bright, which for me causes my eyes to get tired waaaay faster.

Secondly I would recommend computer glasses. Some people say they're worthless. For those of us that are a bit more sensitive, I can say they help me. You can get sets that are cheap, but if you want a long lasting set (and you take good care of your things) Felix Gray has incredibly nice sets. I personally prefer non-tinted variations (like as an example those commonly found from Gunnar), but that's because my vocation is editing film and photos so color accuracy as well as long work times are both essential.

I find my eyes get exhausted after spending a few hours on my laptop, so I try to get up and move around. The glasses also help a lot with this fatigue. I notice that fatigue takes far longer to set in and that it also helps with fatigue when I put them on after using a computer when not wearing them.

Keywords from your post are: "proper stimulation" and "my own experiences". So, let me fix your statement: Fortunately YOUR eyes work the way YOU felt they do. That does not apply to all humans on Earth.
I'll take the opinion of well regarded doctors both in Europe and the USA over a random online forum commenter. Thanks :)
Please do as you please. Hopefully your doctors come up with something more to help you than putting even more glasses on you.

-Technically eye level should be at the top of your screen (not the center like you would for movies).
I am skeptical about this. Having monitor lower than eye line mean you always look down on it which doesn't sound all that healthy, especially considering record of eyesight of people who read books and use smartphones which are used in similar look-down configuration

I am skeptical about this. Having monitor lower than eye line mean you always look down on it which doesn't sound all that healthy, especially considering record of eyesight of people who read books and use smartphones which are used in similar look-down configuration

1) There is a difference between craning your neck down versus having things be below your horizontal view line. EG: I look across at a laptop monitor, even with the top of the screen being at eye level. Which also in the case of reading books and using cell phones as you put it helps drastically. You can't say that just because some people use bad body mechanics that therefore we all do.
2) It causes far less eye strain to go down rather than ever having to look up (edit: I realize this concept clearly didn't make sense to you the first time. "Looking down" is a relative term done in this case with the eyes and not the neck. Similarly "looking up" is also a relative term used here referring of movement done with the eyes and not the neck. This is a topic about eye strain not neck fatigue). Which you would have to do constantly if your view is centered. It's fine for multimedia content such as film as it is designed to have most of what is important in the center of the frame. But when working that isn't wear toolbars are. Or indeed half of the screen if you're centered. Whether or not you believe ergonomically that it takes more eye strain to look up in these cases is on you. I just look at what people who look at workplace ergonomics tell me.
3) Do as you please. I find it odd that I would list a dozen things to do, and you would take basically all of them as well and good (implied by not rejecting them), and then center in on one you claim is false. OP wants suggestions. I gave them. Do them or don't.

EDIT: Just added a sentence for clarity.

Last edited:
3) Do as you please. I find it odd that I would list a dozen things to do, and you would take basically all of them as well and good (implied by not rejecting them), and then center in on one you claim is false. OP wants suggestions. I gave them. Do them or don't.
I just feel that position where heavier parts of eye fluid is allowed to move away from photosensitive cells in eye toward external part of the eye as unhealthy even if it might be more comfortable for both neck and even somewhat to eyes itself (though I find looking up just fine if not better). Not that it does as much difference with monitor position which is still in front as it does with eg. reading book that sits on a desk or using smartphone. I might just be taking my hunches about eyes and stuff way too seriously though =P
But I guess you can probably already tell...

I typically set my colorimeter to 100cdm/2. There are tons of people maxing out their brightness to 350-500+ and that to me is eye frying levels of bright, which for me causes my eyes to get tired waaaay faster.

Ha, I'm now using this new Philips monitor at 0% brightness, and it's still bright enough for daytime use with 2 giant windows around my desk. %100 brightness is just eye-burning in this monitor, I could never use that. I wish I knew how much cdm/2 it's outputting. I use a spyder5express to calibrate, which doesn't tell me more information, kinda wish I had paid more for the next model up to get more information about color gamut, etc.

Ha, I'm now using this new Philips monitor at 0% brightness, and it's still bright enough for daytime use with 2 giant windows around my desk. %100 brightness is just eye-burning in this monitor, I could never use that. I wish I knew how much cdm/2 it's outputting. I use a spyder5express to calibrate, which doesn't tell me more information, kinda wish I had paid more for the next model up to get more information about color gamut, etc.
You can use HCFR Colormeter (https://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre-hcfr/hcfr-colormeter/) to measure your display.
While at it you can also use ArgyllCMS (https://www.argyllcms.com/) to calibrate it.
Both programs use different than standard driver but installation should be easy.

While at it I would recommend keeping it around 100cd/m2 and not going too dim.

Thanks XoR_ I will try this tonight or tomorrow. I had no idea there were free alternatives available.

Amazon and Power practical both have the Luminoodle dimmers in stock now they were out of stock for months picked up two because they sent me 7 sets to play with.

Amazon and Power practical both have the Luminoodle dimmers in stock now they were out of stock for months picked up two because they sent me 7 sets to play with.

Don't buy the Luminoodle Dimmer switches lol I picked up two one of them shorted out on me.

I took a Sharpie marker and painted all the leds blue on the luminoodle bad idea......it's really unnatural so don't do that your eyes won't like it.

What works to get the brightness down on a led strip is take some black Gorilla Tape and cover up maybe 3-4 LEDs on the back of a Bias light strip that really works well.

Untitled-1.jpg

Attachments

• 67643261_2884963568187270_3282275524419780608_o.jpg
    67643261_2884963568187270_3282275524419780608_o.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 0
Small update: while I've been doing quite well with the new monitor, sometimes my eyes do get sore. I tried lowering the screen a few days ago, so it's now at desk-level and I'm lookin downwards at it. I've noticed a fair amount of improvement in viewing comfort - my eye fatigue is not completely gone, but it's certainly improved. Maybe something that some of you might want to try? I later read that apparently looking upwards lessens the eyes' tear production, while looking downward keeps the eyes more moist, so that might have to do with it. Either way, worth a try.

Yeah if you get a office chair with a higher lift that also can help instead of looking direclty at the leds I just angled my gaming monitor to the corner of the desk that helps a ton as well. Instead of looking direclty on it for hours on end. Mind you it's only a 24" gaming monitor but it's big enough for me.

Small update: while I've been doing quite well with the new monitor, sometimes my eyes do get sore. I tried lowering the screen a few days ago, so it's now at desk-level and I'm lookin downwards at it. I've noticed a fair amount of improvement in viewing comfort - my eye fatigue is not completely gone, but it's certainly improved. Maybe something that some of you might want to try? I later read that apparently looking upwards lessens the eyes' tear production, while looking downward keeps the eyes more moist, so that might have to do with it. Either way, worth a try.
Looking upwards means that the muscles are being strained, downwards they are resting.

Finally found a solution I kept my led bias light luminoodle still using it just with a strip across the back white is the only good color to use.
I removed the lamp I had at the desk which was like a drafting table lamp but I had it strung up high with a projector arm.
I took that away that now I'm just using a lamp behind me on a table for ambient light that helped alot with my Walmart eyestrain woes at work. It helped like 80% the
lamp shape with the lamp is far enoough way and my desk isn't a a big light bulb but it's bright enough for daily tasks I might be able to use a led bulb in the lamp behind me but don't want to take the risk since I have a lifetime supply of incandescents like 90-100+ or so in various wattages from 40 watt to 200 watt.
Back in the day George W. Bush wanted to take away our lightbulbs and he almost did he wanted the current dairy Queen CFL light bulbs to replace that which are horrid.

Last edited:
It's been a couple of more weeks. Still no eye fatigue from a VA monitor. And I did end up staying with the 32UD60, despite the uniformity issue. Eye comfort is way more important to me. And after years of dealing with eye fatigue from monitors, no way I would go back to IPS or TN.

Is this the conensus here, that VA generally is the best for eye comfort and eye health when it comes to everyday usage and office productivity?

Is this the conensus here, that VA generally is the best for eye comfort and eye health when it comes to everyday usage and office productivity?

Lowering the brightness makes VA and IPS both comfortable for all day use to me.

Lowering the brightness makes VA and IPS both comfortable for all day use to me.

If you lower brightness, should you also lower contrast? I find both affect perceived brightness. My screens can be quite right with 0 brightness and contrast cranked up.

If you lower brightness, should you also lower contrast? I find both affect perceived brightness. My screens can be quite right with 0 brightness and contrast cranked up.
surely depends on the monitor, but most of the time I seem to like my contrast at about 70% and my brightness at about 30%

Once you have backlighting and monitor setup correctly and ergo properly done, one thing that is often overlooked but equally important (okay I have not read the last 3 pages) is exercising your eye muscles.
Look near, far, top left, top right, close, etc etc and rotate between them. Your eye muscles/lens muscles get lazy staring at same focal distance for 10 hours straight ;)

Other than that if you have shitty sleep or hangover/etc you can just focus like shit. It happens sometimes.

One of the worse things that I did was having a overhead light hovering over my desk on all the time the extra light wasnt needed and affected me at work. So now I have a table behind me with a lamp shade and a regular light bulb Itried led but it doest work for me long term. That is all they sell at Walmart now led bulbs. They have 3 small section for regular bulbs I dont expect them to be around forever.

Luiminoodles are good for gaming sessions but for games that involve alot of flashing of light even that wont work.

Good advice to get a regular lamp. Also, "LG Electronics 24-Inch Screen LCD Monitor (24BK400H-B)"

I have yet to hear anyone complaining about eye strain with this unit. It's 75Hz, TN, free sync, very affordable. If you like it, you can buy a second or a third.

TN has come a very long way. In fact, none of the reviews complain about viewing angles or any deficiencies with the TN technology in this screen.

Honestly surprised the heck out of me. I didn't expect this sharp of an image with a 1:1000 contrast ratio. Works flawlessly out of the box. The stand was pretty easy to setup. Contrary to what I've read, it DOES include an hdmi cable. The 75hz is just the cherry on top. I have never used a device with greater than a 60hz refresh rate, and was both pleased and surprised to find that that extra 15 frames had a noticeable difference. This honestly may convince me to upgrade to a 120hz or 144hz display later down the line. Overall, 10/10 would recommend.

So if you have eye strain with your current unit, I highly recommend buying one of these from Amazon, trying it out, and if it doesn't solve your issue, just send it back for a full refund. I asked about the eye strain from customers and got several replies with none citing any strain, and most saying its comfort level is excellent.

und is better for the eyes I think. But it sure won't wi
That said, I just found this Acer ED323QUR that has everything I want: VA, 32", QHD, curved, 144hz. It's not 4K, but that's a small concession to get everything else. I'll probably get this later this summer and will report back. Hope y'all keep posting about eye-strain issues, I've found this conversation enlightening and inclusive. We really all are affected by very different things!

So did you buy it and try it and report back? I don't see any followup unless I'm missing it in my searches.

So did you buy it and try it and report back? I don't see any followup unless I'm missing it in my searches.

I did not, but as you will see in the response I just wrote to your other thread on these forums (coincidentally before I read this response of yours), I’ve come to the conclusion over the past year that there are many more things to consider than just the panel, such as room lighting and window position. I just bought a Pixio Px275h because it has a dpi of 108 (which I have identified to be the right amount for my own eyesight to be comfortable, which I realized after using a 40 inch 4K TV as a monitor which had a GPA of 110), 95 Hz to minimize lower frame rate eye strain (I wasn’t willing to pay another hundred dollars just to go up to 144 Hz), and dci-p3 color gamut because I am pretty sensitive to color quality. I will receive the monitor next week and once I have used it for a little bit I will be sure to post a review on hardforum.

Back