External housing for macbook pro's AirPort Board

Cbshahji

[H]ard|Gawd
I've 2014 retina macbook pro 15. I'm selling it but would like to get the airport board/ wifi+bluetooth card out of it for personal use. I was wondering if there's external housing for those card that I can put in and plug it into other PCs/computer via USB and have it working.

Only reason for it is, that it's connected to few of the high speed access points in the city and no matter how many times I do clean install they're automatically connected. I would like to keep this benefit for new systems I get. So it'll be easier to replace the card and keep it but I want to make sure I can use it on the go as well since it's pretty handy card.
PS. I've installed it in few different version of macbooks from friends and family and it seems to connect those without needed a login access.

It's al

Likely just the MAC address that's been whitelisted. Before you go to all the trouble find a wifi card that you can change the MAC to match and see if that works.

Oh and to actually answer your question they definitely make PCIE cards that will accept it and provide the antennas needed as well. It's a common application in the hackintosh realm.

Likely just the MAC address that's been whitelisted. Before you go to all the trouble find a wifi card that you can change the MAC to match and see if that works.

So I removed the card and put it in few different macbooks pros/macbook airs, and they all connected to the access points without me even trying.

So I removed the card and put it in few different macbooks pros/macbook airs, and they all connected to the access points without me even trying.
Again likely just the MAC address that matters.

Back