evga sale this weekend,big cuts on gpus

I just jumped on a B-stock 3070 ftw3 ultra, came out to like 454.00 with associate code. When they dropped i wanted a 3060 Ti but this is basically the same price or less. Rumor has it the 4060 will be comparable in performance so why wait for that? I'll just get a 4080 if i can and give the 3070 to my girlfriend. Plus, last hoorah for EVGA cards for the foreseeable future.

Mere mortals won't be able to buy the 'new stuff' for months post-launch. This will drive 3000 series prices up once that sinks in to fence sitters, just like every cycle including after the last mining boom.

Trying to time the bottom is folly. Buy what you need without getting OCD about the last +/-10%
The bottom is the first 30 days after the announcement of new GPUs.

I just jumped on a B-stock 3070 ftw3 ultra, came out to like 454.00 with associate code. When they dropped i wanted a 3060 Ti but this is basically the same price or less. Rumor has it the 4060 will be comparable in performance so why wait for that? I'll just get a 4080 if i can and give the 3070 to my girlfriend. Plus, last hoorah for EVGA cards for the foreseeable future.
Which one did you grab? I see two one is the LHR the other isn't (i'm guessing). Not sure how dangerous the non-LHR would be, as I'm sure it was in some way involved in mining since I don't believe they've made them in a while, not to say the LHR wasn't also mining but 3070? maybe not so much?

The bottom is the first 30 days after the announcement of new GPUs.
There is also another dip usually a bit bigger about 6 months after release after the new cards start to be in stores reliably and the mid range gets announced which is usually faster than the last gen top dog.

There is also another dip usually a bit bigger about 6 months after release after the new cards start to be in stores reliably and the mid range gets announced which is usually faster than the last gen top dog.
Usually, 🤞 We never know though what will happen if the last 2.5 years has taught us anything at all...

Which one did you grab? I see two one is the LHR the other isn't (i'm guessing). Not sure how dangerous the non-LHR would be, as I'm sure it was in some way involved in mining since I don't believe they've made them in a while, not to say the LHR wasn't also mining but 3070? maybe not so much?
I went with LHR, no real reason i guess. Thought was maybe its less likely to have been mined on. Not that mining hurts the GPU per say, but it definitely puts some wear and tear on those fan bearings

Check the prices/models before buying, a few of the lower end models are the same price as higher end models. The Blacks (lowest end versions) are more expensive than the FTW Ultras for whatever reason.

I agree with that. After the announcement, people are dumping cards for whatever they can get until the release date. Once that stock sells out, prices go up until the 6 months you pointed out.
Nvidia is going to trickle out the 4000 series as Founders Cards. AIBs and customers will get the short end of the stick.

I'm just waiting for a good brand 3090Ti that's new go sub $900, if possible.

Check the prices/models before buying, a few of the lower end models are the same price as higher end models. The Blacks (lowest end versions) are more expensive than the FTW Ultras for whatever reason.
It could be someone was hoping on doing a quick turnaround with the Step Up program for a 40 series card or something and then whoops that ain't going to work so lets just step up now because... where as the Ultras had more visible signs of usage. Who knows. Being as EVERY card ultra is the same price there may be little method to their madness in pricing.

Awww the "Boo hoo poor evga getting bullied by nvidia" just absolutely jacked up prices on their bstock. 3070 ultra gaming that was 440 yesterday, now 670 today.

So yeah evga can go screw themselves too

The pricing on many of their B-stock GPUs is confusing. Not competitive with Ebay prices, even.

It's tempting to pick up a new 2060 KO Ultra Gaming at $250, though.

Not even competitive with it's own NEW GPUs which often have bigger discounts than returns/refurbs.

My guess is they are Step Up GPUs and depending on what had to be done to them or what they stepped up to may factor into their pricing? But yeah, I've seen new ones cheaper and some b-stock that had good prices so who knows at this lol

Back