EVGA Queue Discussion

AlphaQup

Gawd
I didn't want to post this is the official thread, since it's more of a discussion around the EVGA queue and not screenshots.

To preface this thought, I'm guilty of doing exactly what I'm about to mention below.

I myself have signed up for all 3 variations of the EVGA 3060Ti for my GF's rig. I'm personally set thanks to someone on this forum. Like many others, I'm at the mercy of what I can find, and it isn't getting any better. She's got my "old" 1440p 144hz gsync Dell, and a little 1050Ti from my media PC is driving it. Not ideal.

My understanding of how this queue works is, as each one of these products become available to someone who has signed up for a notification, they receive the notification and have then an 8-hour window to make their purchase of that exact card they signed up for. Failure to purchase means it moves on to the next person in line for that exact card.

What I'm seeing in the official thread (and again, I did this too), is people who have signed up for 3, 5, 10+ cards. Let's say you get your email on your first card and buy it right away (FINALLY right?). Awesome, you got a card... but what about the others who are now going to have to wait 8-hours minimum for EACH AND EVERY notification you also signed up for that you now have no intention of buying, and do not cleared?

Expand that above scenario over the thousands and thousands of people (maybe it's way higher in the tens of thousands, we have no way to know) who all have signed up for cards, got one, and neglected the others they've signed up for. You can see where I'm going here, artificial additional supply constraint on top of an already scarce supply.

What I'm getting at is, do you think EVGA should have limited the amount of notifications you could have signed up for? Do you think this queue system has helped solve the availability problem, or made it worse?

Last edited:
I almost said something about this when I saw people posting their notification list and they had 10+. I get why people are doing that, but realistically I think people should try to exercise restraint in particular to the evga queue. There are other methods, Distill, discord, reddit, etc. I think people should only have the number of notifications that they plan on actually buying. While some people probably "clean up after themselves", I bet the majority of people with more than one queue place in line don't go back to remove themselves once they get a card. A potential fix would be a periodic email or requirement to sign in and "confirm" you are still in line. People might not have 10+ if they had to individually mark everyday that they were still interested.

I thought about this when I signed up. It was basically "why do I have to make all these notifications separately when I just want ONE 3080?" I pretty much just signed up for notifications on all the 3080s, but I really just wanted one of any of these models. If I were running it you'd just get to sign up for one card but could select any number of models and you'd get 24 hours to respond. I'm sure the 8 hour window causes a lot of people to miss their chance. Sleeping, at work, etc.

I probably ought to figure out how to cancel all those 3080 notifications. I bought a 3900 from Best Buy on 6900XT launch day so now I'm out of the market.

edit: Removed notifies.

I signed up for all the 3080s because I'll take whichever comes up first. Also, if you've been watching the queues, some people got screwed because they only signed up for the cheaper XC models which EVGA has been producing very, very little of. Their queue hasn't really moved at all.

I didn't sign up until EVGA announced they were going to use that as a queue system. I'm Oct 6 and 7. It's been almost 4 months now and I still don't think I'm close on any of them. Kind of a cruel joke really.

Also, if there was really any decent supply, the 8 hour queue window wouldn't matter. It would still progress at a steady rate.

Once you get the card you want you simply
Click “remove from queue”.

Even if you don’t do this and even if most people don’t it after getting their first card, it does not noticeable slow things down.

I signed up for all the 3080s because I'll take whichever comes up first. Also, if you've been watching the queues, some people got screwed because they only signed up for the cheaper XC models which EVGA has been producing very, very little of. Their queue hasn't really moved at all.

I didn't sign up until EVGA announced they were going to use that as a queue system. I'm Oct 6 and 7. It's been almost 4 months now and I still don't think I'm close on any of them. Kind of a cruel joke really.

Also, if there was really any decent supply, the 8 hour queue window wouldn't matter. It would still progress at a steady rate.
I had the same thought. I originally signed up for the 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, but I don't think that has been coming up much. I signed up for the K|NGP|N and the XC3 more recently to fill it out. The former has been moving along nicely, and with the increased prices it looks like the K|NGP|N is actually a good deal now.

I have been in que for either a 3070 or 3080 lower tiered cards since the end of october.
No notifies for me. I am now wondering if it was a mistake to go for the lower end cards.
Perhaps they are a lower profit margin and EVGA is not producing as many of these.

Kid

Once you get the card you want you simply
Click “remove from queue”.

Even if you don’t do this and even if most people don’t it after getting their first card, it does not noticeable slow things down.

That is the way that I understand it as well. If 100 people who don't want/need a card get notified on the same day, those 100 cards will pass to the next group on the next day, plus any others that would have opened up. There is only going to be so much of a backlog, and that backlog will be added to whatever stock would also be available.

Feels like they gave up on the queue and it was more of a marketing stunt. Don't get me wrong - I scored my 3090 from the EVGA queue a couple months ago. But I've been keeping an eye on people who are in the queue for the 3080 and and truly seems that if you were not involved in the first wave of people who signed up for the notification, then it will be a long time before you get a card. It seems like other options might be more viable at this point.

I was going to sign up for notification for one, but they don't allow signup for the waterblock versions, so just not interested.

Feels like they gave up on the queue and it was more of a marketing stunt. Don't get me wrong - I scored my 3090 from the EVGA queue a couple months ago. But I've been keeping an eye on people who are in the queue for the 3080 and and truly seems that if you were not involved in the first wave of people who signed up for the notification, then it will be a long time before you get a card. It seems like other options might be more viable at this point.

I've been in the queue for months and haven't heard anything.

Got 3 emails from EVGA so far. Only signed up for the initial 3080 models (no Hybrid, WC or Kingpin) and the initial 3060 Tis for a buddy.

Got a mail for a 3080 XC3 Ultra which I have in my rig. The model I wanted, too, after FE... Nov 16th.

Also got a mail for 2 3060Tis, the 2 fans XC version (which I hope I could have gotten for a Velka build but I wanted an new bass) and the FTW3 Ultra. The XC was the first of the two. Ended getting neither 3060Ti because we got one in store on launch day (just walked in and got it at 1pm, crazy). FTW3 mail was almost a week ago and the XC a week before that. Signed up the day BEFORE release.

Back