EVGA Peripherals on sale now 11/19

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
EVGA has some sales going on! Keyboards are pretty heavily discounted, along with mice, the XR1 lite capture card, some AIOs, and some power supplies. I bought a bunch of this stuff a few days ago for $50 more than they are now.... :sick: $45 for a reputable capture card with passthrough seems good though, I picked one up!

Keyboards: https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=15
Mice: https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=12
Capture card: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=141-U1-CB20-LR
AIOs: https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=18
PSUs: https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=10

You can use my associate code if you like to save 10% at checkout. I get a portion of the savings FYI. Use it if you want, or not! The code is good for:
3% off GPUs,
10% off audio,
10% off cases,
10% off cooling,
10% off power supplies,
5% off capture devices,
5% gaming keyboards and mice,
5% off motherboards

Last edited:
Wouldn't let me add to the cart--tried 4x browsers and 2x computers. :(

My friend got the Z15 for himself and the Z12 for his son. $50 for mechanical switches (Kaihl) and backlighting seemed like a good deal. I told him he'd pay similar for a no-name brand Amazon/Aliexpress special. $25 for the membrane style Z12 seemed reasonable as well. They have a 3 year warranty.
If you don't mind refurb keyboards they had some Z15's for $40

*edit* I just looked and it's even lower that the other day - the Z15 silver switch is $45 and the z12 membrane is $20!
**edit** Amazon has the Z12 and Z15 for the same price (AFAIK the ref code discount will not be applicable though)

Last edited:
Personally, I think the 'bot protection' must be in overdrive considering the sale and its probably set to being more strict than not since, well, they're going to sell out anyways. :( Still sucks to get shafted.

Reactions: maro
like this
Personally, I think the 'bot protection' must be in overdrive considering the sale and its probably set to being more strict than not since, well, they're going to sell out anyways. :( Still sucks to get shafted.
Try it again! New day. If it doesn't work feel free to dm me. I'll order and have it sent to you.

Try it again! New day. If it doesn't work feel free to dm me. I'll order and have it sent to you.
IT WORKED! :D:D:D:D

And I used your code too so you get some much deserved earnings. (y)

I was actually so happy that I went back to get something else I was on the fence about, but got the error again so I'll try again later. :) Thank you again! I've always wanted a mech board with swappable switches and now I've got one on the way. :):):)

IT WORKED! :D:D:D:D

And I used your code too so you get some much deserved earnings. (y)

I was actually so happy that I went back to get something else I was on the fence about, but got the error again so I'll try again later. :) Thank you again! I've always wanted a mech board with swappable switches and now I've got one on the way. :):):)
Yeah their site is goofy, I swear the CC payment NEVER works, I have to go thru paypal.

Yeah their site is goofy, I swear the CC payment NEVER works, I have to go thru paypal.
I've always used CC at checkout, but I agree their site is kind of a mess. Sometimes my orders page sends me to login, sometimes my notifies, sometimes my associates, and nothing actually fixes it in my experience, I just have to wait. Even the other day I went to open a ticket with support, filled out all the info, and the submit button did nothing. Lol

Any experience with the Z20? Debating between the Z20 optical and the Z15 speed silver.
I'm using the z20 linear. Never had a mech KB before, seems fine, but I probably should've gone with the z15 since I will likely never use those "E" keys on the right.

My kid has the Z15 silver for a bit now and she seems to like it. I have a K100 and it's absolutely amazing with the speed switches.

Anyone know if the Z20 has issues with keycaps? I keep breaking the ones on my K95.

Any experience with the Z20? Debating between the Z20 optical and the Z15 speed silver.
I just was able to place my order for the z20 and already have the z15 on the way so I might be able to provide some insight. Both of mine are the clicky version, but still should be a good relative difference between the two. (y)

My daily drivers are Model Ms--unicomp, lexmark, and IBM versions, and I have several cherry blues boards as well as a cherry green and a topre as well as all sorts of other random clicky switches. I have a smaller board I used for work on systems that's got cherry blacks and know them too since our Veeder-Root TLS-350 uses them on the keypad.

Last edited:
I just was able to place my order for the z20 and already have the z15 on the way so I might be able to provide some insight. Both of mine are the clicky version, but still should be a good relative difference between the two. (y)

My daily drivers are Model Ms--unicomp, lexmark, and IBM versions, and I have several cherry blues boards as well as a cherry green and a topre as well as all sorts of other random clicky switches. I have a smaller board I used for work on systems that's got cherry blacks and know them too since our Veeder-Root TLS-350 uses them on the keypad.
Okay, so here's my experiences with both the z15 and z20 as I have them both hooked up right now (gotta love usb hubs for keyboard swapping).

The z20 feels a bit more high end in terms of build quality, but only because the included wrist rest is padded. Otherwise, both are obviously well made and packaged keyboards. I was actually thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail in packaging and the units themselves.

Both have a great feel, but I've run into an issue with each of them (or at least I think in the case of the z15 as only time will tell). The z20's enter key on the num pad is stuck and after pulling the keycap, it seems like a bad switch. :( Definitely going to be an RMA. And on the z15, I don't know if it's because of the switch and I need to get used to the actuation point of it's a real issue, but I'm getting what may be some key chatter. If this is just the switches, then it's a pretty easy thing to diagnose since it came with 8 linear switches that can be swapped out, which would be a good way to diagnose if it's a switch or board issue. I could probably even reseat an offending key and see if that fixes it as being hot-swappable introduces another potential point of bad contact.

If you like clicky switches, both of these are a joy for my hands to type on. I usually will do the free test on keyhero.com and I know my my M I'll hit 80 wpm and spike to 140 because it's second nature. And a keyboard that my hands like will almost right off the bat hit the same numbers or at least the same spike. Well, my hands hit the same 140 spike with both of these and in the case of the z15, there was actually as spike of 170, which I've never been able to hit on the model M no matter how fluid the words are flowing from my hands. While both only yielded 60 wpm otherwise, I know with use my hands will either get used to these and spike up higher into the same 80s range, or they will get fatigued and then these are not the keyboards for me. And actually just now while using the z15, my left wrist gave me a shooting pain in the wrist, so I think that something about these may not fit my hands so well even though they're nice to type on. Could be that I'm also just hitting the keys too hard as the M does require more effort and I'm only not getting used to the less effort in order to not 'bottom out' the switch each time I press it. They are a fast actuation switch though so I could see picking up speed by getting used to these.

Swapping back to the z20, there's a bit of key wobble that you have to get used to, but the actuation on the switch is nice. The bottoming feels different on these versus the z15 and in the linear version think the z20 would feel more smooth than a z15 with linear switches. I've always wanted to try the optical switches since they came out and this definitely gives me a feel for it. Now that I'm typing more on the z20, there is a bit of sloppiness/wobbly in the key feel, but it's just a a precise if not more than the z15 so it's more of a perception than an actuality in terms of use. The z20 also has some textured keys on the wasd that they provide normal smooth keys for, but I haven't swapped it or anything since I know this guy unfortunately will need to be exchanged.

So knowing what I know about both of these now to answer you questions about z20 optical or z15 speed silver--If you like super smooth key travel, I would go with the z20. But if key wobble or travel 'feel' is important, than a traditional linear switch might be better. Oh and the fact that the z15 is switch swappable is something to consider as well since if you don't like the switch feel on the z15, there's a gazillion switch choices you could change it out with.

Hope this helps! And thank you to the OP for posting! I got some fun toys to play with I would have otherwise always wanted but missed out on. (y)

Sorry you had issues with the ones you got. How about noise? Which is the loudest? Also, how bad is the wobble on the Z20? I got the Z15, but debating grabbing a Z20 and putting the Z15 on a different PC.

Sorry you had issues with the ones you got. How about noise? Which is the loudest? Also, how bad is the wobble on the Z20? I got the Z15, but debating grabbing a Z20 and putting the Z15 on a different PC.
It happens. All good though as I expect the RMA process to go pretty smooth besides shelling out some bucks for shipping the doa z20. o_O As far as noise, they've both really close. I put the z20 back in its box and have been using the z15 to get used to it/see if it really has key chatter and I believe the z20 was a tad bit louder, but mainly because the frequency of the 'click' is lower and lower frequency waves penetrate better (eg 2.4ghz vs 5ghz). But comparing the z15 to my Unicomp Model M 101 that I'm now typing on vers the z15, the z15 is at least 20%-30% quieter than the M when I'm fully going at it on the keys and the z20 I would say is about 10% louder than the z15. These are just guesses though, so don't hold me too hard to it!

If you compare the wobble on the z15 to the z20, the z20 would be like if the switches had visibly worn out stems--it's that bad. But like I said, it's a perceived wobble because when it comes to typing, I find myself consistently better on the z20 than the z15 in terms of knowing where the key is and what my hand should be doing. I really hate that I'm only able to play with the z15 right now as it would be super to be able to swap between them during the day. And the once I'm used to them, try the M again and see what happens. Usually I'm still better on the M than anything else, and I've got cherry blues and even a green by a lot of different companies, a Topre, and some vintage ones too like the Focus with alps and a model F xt--but my hands always come back to the M. It's probably because it was the first keyboard I ever typed on besides the c64, and we had the Model F in typing class on original AT and XTs. So I was spoiled with IBM's finest--PS/2 at home that I cut my teeth on learning PC hardware and software with a genuine IBM Model M, and then IBM XTs and ATs at school where I learned wordperfect and honed the speed.

If you've got the flexability to get the z20 to try it out, it's a no-brainer--I'd do it again in a second. It's an excellent board at the price and the quality still shows everywhere. Even the z15 at this price is a steal. I couldn't find a blank keyboard that had removable switches for under $100 when they first came out--a complete keyboard with a warranty from a brand name for $5 over the cost of just the switches?!? Insanely good deal imo. (y)

Got my wife to buy me the Z20 for Christmas...

...right off the bat, build quality is amazing. I got the linear version and the keys feel great.

Coming from a Logitech G15 membrane keyboard for the last decade this one definitely feels better in every imaginable way, except for one... the keys are very loud. I double checked that I received the linear version via the UPC because I swear the reviews said that this keyboard was quiet in comparison to the Z15. Im sure that I will get used to it.

Got my wife to buy me the Z20 for Christmas...

...right off the bat, build quality is amazing. I got the linear version and the keys feel great.

Coming from a Logitech G15 membrane keyboard for the last decade this one definitely feels better in every imaginable way, except for one... the keys are very loud. I double checked that I received the linear version via the UPC because I swear the reviews said that this keyboard was quiet in comparison to the Z15. Im sure that I will get used to it.
I got the same z20 with linear keys and it is a loud KB. I have had it a month or two and have just gotten used to it. No complaints.

I got the same z20 with linear keys and it is a loud KB. I have had it a month or two and have just gotten used to it. No complaints.
Ive never owned a mechanical keyboard and specifically purchased the linear because reviews said it was much quieter then the other "clicky" keys... I cant imagine a keyboard louder then this lol. My wife was looking around the house trying to find what the noise was when I typed the post that you quoted.

Ive never owned a mechanical keyboard and specifically purchased the linear because reviews said it was much quieter then the other "clicky" keys... I cant imagine a keyboard louder then this lol. My wife was looking around the house trying to find what the noise was when I typed the post that you quoted.
I think i was just used to pressing a lot harder on my last kb and this one is so easy I bottomed out hard each key press. Now that I'm used to it i think it's partly due to me not mashing the keys as hard as when I first got it.

Just grabbed a couple of z15 linears off their Amazon store for $40 each. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tempted to get a couple Z12 keyboards just to use as keyboards and no gaming on a few spare PCs I have. But not sure on their quality?

You know what? Gonna try out a couple of those x15 mice too. Wife and I play some WoW pserver while the kids are napping and I'd like some mouse buttons.

Tempted to get a couple Z12 keyboards just to use as keyboards and no gaming on a few spare PCs I have. But not sure on their quality?
Just got one of their Z12's off Amazon and it's a very nice keyboard for that price. Did some gaming on it and no issues.

I have the optical linear switch model and it's been my favorite keyboard I have ever had. I think the driver crashes sometimes because I'll hear the Windows noise when a new device is plugged in and the keyboard backlight will blink off and on... but 🤷‍♂️😁👍

Back