EVGA no longer making GPUs!

Of course they are. In terms of volume.. Didn’t Nvidia produce more 30 series GPUs than any previous series? The gamer /professional market is nowhere near the demand of crypto this last run so yah it’s not possible to move that many millions of units any longer. So if they were on the fence it’s a good time to pivot.

The day after the Ethereum merge (no more crypto GPU mining essentially) this news comes out?

call me highly skeptical that they aren't at least somewhat related circumstances
Exactly. I’ve wondered why I haven’t heard anyone mention this coincidence. Especially not the “tech news” outlets.

The day after the Ethereum merge (no more crypto GPU mining essentially) this news comes out?

call me highly skeptical that they aren't at least somewhat related circumstances
Doubtful. If anything, it has more to do with the upcoming launch of the RTX 4000 series graphic cards and why EVGA is not going to have those cards. They said that much in GNs video. Considering the strong, faithful customer base EVGA have build up, it would be in EVGAs spirit to notify why they cannot get Nvidia GPUs from them.

EVGA have been Nvidia board partner since the beginning, so I seriously doubt this is "a spur of the moment" decision. EVGA havent only burned the bridges with Nvidia, they nuked them.

You were supposed to take the plastic off the shroud before you turned it on.

I’ve had around a dozen EVGA cards and one motherboard — and half dozen of their PSUs, and not a problem with any of them. They are super well built products in my estimation. I’ve had hands on well over a hundred GPUs with hobby and Crypto mining and EVGA made the best.
It’s sad news to me. They were my go to choice for GPU purchase. Everything from packaging to support to quality of hardware/heat sink was a cut above.

No. I took off the plastic off of every possible piece. But they put the plastic UNDEARNEATH the freaking screws.
There were multiple complaints from people. They admitted it was their fault and stopped nailing plastic with screws in a later revision.

I'm glad you had a good time with them, as most people have. To me, they were junk.

Great prices right now in b-stock .... 3060ti - $350

Last edited:
I've been eVGA every generation since my 8800GTX... sad news indeed. Quality products, great pricing and service and I always liked the designs. GG EVGA, you will be missed.

Time for team red..this is probably Nvidia being Nvidia and not wanting aib to get a decent cut. I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia goes full inhouse in the next few years

From the reports, this sounds like exactly what they want. For EVGA, this is probably a good thing. The margins on GPUs are terribly small and when you factor in support and warranty they probably make nothing on these. Power supplies and coolers, etc have way more room for profit.

Yea... PNY has been a solid producer of a lot of components and cards for a long time.

They are often overlooked.
because they trend to run much higher in price with out extras like better cooling or higher clocks is why

Crazy news. I've been buying cards from EVGA since I bought 2 x 6600GT's for SLI in 2005. Since those cards, I've purchased an 8800GT, GTX 570, and a GTX 970 in each of my subsequent builds. The 8800GT had an issue 1 year in, and EVGA promptly replaced it no questions asked, making me a customer of theirs until the supply chain crunch last year. Last year I built a Ryzen system with a Saphire 6800XT, couldn't be happier. Looks like I may be going team red, not only since my favorite GPU vendor is gone, but after hearing story after story of how nVidia screws with other vendors (look at the Linux kernel drama, the nVidia driver drama on macOS, the vendor lock for CUDA in the GPGPU space, etc).

Time for team red..this is probably Nvidia being Nvidia and not wanting aib to get a decent cut. I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia goes full inhouse in the next few years
I also think Nvidia will go full inhouse in the next years.
  • AIBs haven´t gotten a decent cut for years and in addition having GPP forced upon them.
  • Entry level marked for GPUs have become much tougher.
  • Intel have gotten their GPUs better and more entry level gaming can be done on many of their CPUs.
  • AMD APUs are already gaming capable.
  • Valve have made great progress with Vulcan and gaming through Proton.
  • Nvidia have for years been developing their own distribution network for their GPUs.

I am betting, might even be revealed next week, Nvidia promoting an inhouse SoC/"APU" based upon their inhouse ARM+GPU for the consumer marked. Nvidia will be Nvidia, using any innovation in Vulcan made by others (Vulcan being AMD mantle based, Valve making DX games run on Vulcan), and any innovation made by Nvidia worthwile will be locked down, proprietary and not give anything back to the community.

EVGA is just another frog, like the frog and the scorpion tale. That they got stung, shouldn´t surprise anyone anymore.

Still, I must honestly confress that I will buy whatever suits my needs in the coming generations, it be Nvidia, AMD or Intel.

They told Nvidia they were leaving back in April.

The Ethereum merge was announced long before then, though. I think that EVGA saw the writing on the wall, and knew that selling overpriced GPUs to crypto miners wouldn't be a thing for much longer.

No point dealing with a lousy supplier if you're not going to make any profit off of them, right?

Companies do tolerate a lot of lousy behavior from someone they are making a profit off of.

As MLID said, If AMD has 90% of the performance, for less $, less power and not requiring a new PSU. AMD is going to come out on top. EVGA leaving, potentially because of the high cost, and not being able to turn a profit, just all makes sense now. Good on EVGA at this point.

The whole reason to buy EVGA was American support. The few times I needed them, they were awesome.

Welcome to the era of shitty Chinese/Indian support where you will wait 2 weeks for a poorly worded response to clarify your issue.

Fuck man. This sucks. Good job nVidia, you short sighted morons. I may have to go AMD this generation.
+1

As MLID said, If AMD has 90% of the performance, for less $, less power and not requiring a new PSU. AMD is going to come out on top. EVGA leaving, potentially because of the high cost, and not being able to turn a profit, just all makes sense now. Good on EVGA at this point.
I agree with you, but my Lightroom is one of my "daily driver" programs and it seems pretty clear that Adobe is in love with nVidia. Why I'm not sure, but I think that translates to better performance/testing with nVidia cards than AMD cards.

The whole reason to buy EVGA was American support. The few times I needed them, they were awesome.

Welcome to the era of shitty Chinese/Indian support where you will wait 2 weeks for a poorly worded response to clarify your issue.

Fuck man. This sucks. Good job nVidia, you short sighted morons. I may have to go AMD this generation.
I think that nVidia is eating their own dogfood for both lunch and dinner these days. And face it, they have the major market share in consumer GPUs, plus a nice business in chips and systems for business for things like AI. AMD (to the best of my knowledge) has no products for businesses doing AI, etc. So maybe Jensen has gotten a bit too greedy, with crapping all over the AIBs. If all of them went out of business, he would shed maybe 3 or 4, no more, crocodile tears before he raised prices on all the consumer GPU products.

Now, if enough AIBs figure, "f--- this" I'm going to support only AMD, then maybe Jensen will have to rethink his attitude. If AMD has their stuff together, they are quietly doing a big sales campaign with all the AIBs. I can only hope so.

Personally, too bad for me, since I got a 3060 Ti off the EVGA wait list when prices were still insane, so I really like this company. They treated me well, with respect.

I agree with you, but my Lightroom is one of my "daily driver" programs and it seems pretty clear that Adobe is in love with nVidia. Why I'm not sure, but I think that translates to better performance/testing with nVidia cards than AMD cards.

I rely on Adobe too - I found the performance with the 6xxx AMD cards is decent - if a bit slower vs team green. FWIW I only ended up buying some AMD cards last year because I couldn’t buy any of the EVGA cards I had wanted, I guess that won’t be problem going forward…

Biggest sticking point for me moving fully to AMD is that I got into playing with ML models and ROCm can’t do everything CUDA can (yet). I don’t even need AMD to be as fast. I just want it to improve to a point where it’s convenient / doesn’t require workarounds and additional setup to run ML under AMD.

I think that nVidia is eating their own dogfood for both lunch and dinner these days. And face it, they have the major market share in consumer GPUs, plus a nice business in chips and systems for business for things like AI. AMD (to the best of my knowledge) has no products for businesses doing AI, etc.

Edit: Didn’t see this before I posted. AMD does have AI/ML specific enterprise cards and their support for ML tasks is getting much better - but you have to jump through hoops to get some of it working currently.

Last edited:
Wow, just watched the breaking news video from gamers nexus, this is very sad!

I call BS. Having Nvidia accounting for such a overwhelmingly large part of Evga revenue you don't just cancel the relationship with your bread an butter and remain in business by yourself. I'm curious if they are in the early stages with intel as a graphics chip integrator? Intel certainly has the finances available to bring the right team together to build competitive graphics products. I'm also curious if this has much to do with the overall declining graphics card market in general and the possibility that Evga may have lost out on Nvidias supply allocation. I'm sure Evga has tough time competing with Asus and other Taiwan based producers. Evga wouldn't be the first US based integrator to go by the way side. This is unfortunate since they have stellar customer support and produced very nice products. I hope they are still able to produce the fantastic enthusiast based graphics I have been used to. I hope they can survive.

I call BS. Having Nvidia accounting for such a overwhelmingly large part of Evga revenue you don't just cancel the relationship with your bread an butter and remain in business by yourself.
Revenue does not equal profit, if you are loosing money on your "bread and butter" then it's time to look for other things to make.

Revenue does not equal profit, if you are loosing money on your "bread and butter" then it's time to look for other things to make.

Based on the information provided EVGA's profit should actually go up. They openly stated that they were losing money on every board sold.

According to Jay on his live show thing just now, it was Steve, Jay and someone called "John Petty Research" in the room.

What a bummer. EVGA made most of the really interesting graphics card designs. Apparently, the rules nvidia imposed on them in terms of taking liberty with the reference design is one of the things that drove them out of that business. Let's hope the rest of the industry doesn't get strongarmed into just making reference boards.

Thanks for that. Makes sense now.

EVGA has been my preferred vid card vendor for years, so of course I'll miss them. I'd like to see them go with Intel. A third option would be good for all of us and EVGA has the rep to help Intel.

I'm hoping the end of EVGA vid cards will mean EVGA gets serious about mobos. I'd like to see them get creative and make me a general purpose next gen high end desktop board (not ready to upgrade yet, but probably in 2023 or 2024) with a PLX chip so I can get more fast PCI-e slots. In the past I've bought HEDT for the lanes, but that seems to be dead and I'd like an alternative that doesn't require buying a Xeon or EPYC. For what I do I need the GPU fast for gaming and the other stuff fast for software dev stuff, but not at the same time. The usual 8x/8x split plus a 4x off the chipset isn't enough slots.

I also kind of feel like if they're going to quit making vid cards they need to either get into the monitor business or change their name.

I don't understand the go with Intel sentiment. Intel currently has crap for a gpu, having a hard time competing with Nvidia current midrange with AMD being faster.

What is EVGA supposed to make? Super low end budget cards with big coolers and rgb? Competing with current generation, loosing and the huge used market? Next gen AMD and Nvidia smoking it even worst? At this time I see nothing for EVGA with Intel.

AMD 20% Share of the market and there AIBS competing leaves very little room for profit.

Only thing I see with AMD is EVGA using AMD custom division making a trully uniquely, high priced, high profit margin solutions with EVGA branding only. Total ownership like Valve did with their handheld. If successful then diving down to AMD controlled and branded graphics cards later.

I personally don't see a future where AIBs are sustainable or necessary.

I had my suspicions at first, but Nvidia willing to let EVGA go like this tells me they are willing to let others quit as well. Nvidia has the ability and control to design, manufacture, ship and sell their own products from end-to-end without an AIB involved. It makes business sense to maximise that profit and avoid the intermediary if at all possible.

It sucks for a competitive market, but this is what happens.

I personally don't see a future where AIBs are sustainable or necessary.

I had my suspicions at first, but Nvidia willing to let EVGA go like this tells me they are willing to let others quit as well. Nvidia has the ability and control to design, manufacture, ship and sell their own products from end-to-end without an AIB involved. It makes business sense to maximise that profit and avoid the intermediary if at all possible.

It sucks for a competitive market, but this is what happens.
NVIDIA probably sells the FE at cost, that's why they can be cheaper than AIBs. So it is no extra profit for them. And I don't see NVIDIA taking over the entire market with FE, that's a huge market, and FE is mostly only sold in NA. I have not seen one in EU. Unless, and conspiracy theory territory here, they want to drive AIBs out of the market entirely and when the last domino falls increase FE price to AIB price.

True statement but their unique take on graphics cards are what made me a customer. To me they are the only manufacturer that produced video cards on par with Asus and their customer service is top notch.

Nah. AMD still has the stigma of a inferior product. The complaints about their drivers is still a huge thing.

Back