EVGA no longer making GPUs!

Who will buy an EVGA going into a new gen without StepUp?
EVGA will have to eat those cards. Do a quick fire sale and move on.
Think of anyone who just bought a 3090ti at these prices assuming they will use the step up program here in a month or two on the 4xxx series cards.

Think of anyone who just bought a 3090ti at these prices assuming they will use the step up program here in a month or two on the 4xxx series cards.
That's was me 4 days ago....I had that exact card in my cart, thinking I would just Step Up to the 4090.
Then a birdy said, it's going to get worse before it gets better....so I waited. Bought a PC case instead to prepare for the new build.

Some times the deals you don't do result in the best outcome.

Oh.... no.....

Their support has always been above-and-beyond excellent! Two of the most valuable components in my current rig are there due to their support policies.

So basically the other three options are: Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI now??

I had an Asus GTX 960, it's still humming away in my buddies machine. But I know nothing of their support..

This is like when BFG went under, sad times indeed.

I just sent back a evga 3080TI for issues. First card in 20 years I've had to return. Bought a Asus 6800XT for super cheap locally brand new in the box. Perfect time for evga to exit and cards to continue to fall in price with the eth merge.

They had great customer service, but I am not sad to see them exit with nvidia. I know they say there is no future with AMD but.... that would be pretty nice to see.

Also Jayz

I don't quite understand who Andrew Han (EVGA CEO) was talking to. Steve from GN made it sound like he had an exclusive interview with him. But Jayz sounded like it was an interview with many tech channel hosts.

According to Jay on his live show thing just now, it was Steve, Jay and someone called "John Petty Research" in the room.

What a bummer. EVGA made most of the really interesting graphics card designs. Apparently, the rules nvidia imposed on them in terms of taking liberty with the reference design is one of the things that drove them out of that business. Let's hope the rest of the industry doesn't get strongarmed into just making reference boards.

There has been some opining about the overabundance of 30XX cards and chips due to Nvidia's heavy production (and of course all the direct sales to etherium miners) along with trying to manipulate retail inventory stocks. When you combine that with what looks to be a very significant build cost for higher end 40XX compared to 30XX for the GPU chip, memory, and at this point power delivery / cooling AND Nvidia apparently wanting to boost its margins in passing costs to AiBs... well there will be some issues with with board partners will build what.

Yea... PNY has been a solid producer of a lot of components and cards for a long time.

They are often overlooked.

My PNY GTX 4200 Ti 128mb fan failed within a year..

Granted I was able to rig up a cooling solution but yeah, never again

(Same thing happened to my XFX HD 5850 1GB, fan failed at around a year)

I was going to do that with mine, but I decided not to step up even when the 40 series came out. Now I won't have much of a choice even if I wanted to, but again the 3090 Ti is a great card and should be for a while is my thought process.

The end of an era....... I hope all of their employees come out of this okay. :(

hmm damn, thats all i was buying... been burned by Asus way to many times with craptastic support

:rolleyes: Just my luck seeing I bought my 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra directly from them couple weeks ago. Same thing happened when I bought my "BFG" GTX 295 for old faithful.

zqbyloV.jpg

Why you all disappointed/upset/pissed at EVGA? Shouldn't that be pointed towards NVIDIA and their tactics they've used against AIBs for years?

Can't wait to see EVGA's next AMD cards :)

Why you all disappointed/upset/pissed at EVGA? Shouldn't that be pointed towards NVIDIA and their tactics they've used against AIBs for years?

Can't wait to see EVGA's next AMD cards :)
Both honestly. We don’t know the details but it’s a fact it was a choice both parties made.

Haven't watched any of the vids... so did they say they will no longer make GPUs or they will no longer make NVIDIA GPUs?

I bought 3 GPUs from EVGA. all had problems.
Plastic under fan & the worst coil whine ever heard
One wasn't stable at default voltage.

Won't miss them.

I bought 3 GPUs from EVGA. all had problems.
Plastic under fan & the worst coil whine ever heard
One wasn't stable at default voltage.

Won't miss them.
You were supposed to take the plastic off the shroud before you turned it on.

I’ve had around a dozen EVGA cards and one motherboard — and half dozen of their PSUs, and not a problem with any of them. They are super well built products in my estimation. I’ve had hands on well over a hundred GPUs with hobby and Crypto mining and EVGA made the best.
It’s sad news to me. They were my go to choice for GPU purchase. Everything from packaging to support to quality of hardware/heat sink was a cut above.

Haven't watched any of the vids... so did they say they will no longer make GPUs or they will no longer make NVIDIA GPUs?
They said they are leaving the GPU market entirely.
Wouldn't surprise me to see them crawl to AMD or Intel within a year or two.

The CEO told Steve at GN and Jays 2 Cents both that they were done with GPUs and had no interest in partnering with Intel or AMD.

Presumably, to avoid the same shenanigans.

It is too bad. I had to RMA my EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ulttra Gaming card. Other than having to pay for shipping ($$$ from Canada), the RMA process went well.

I'm not really surprised to see this. I feel like Nvidia has been playing games for a while. Maybe they finally decided they have enough capacity to make all their own cards to maximize profit and control the entire hardware experience more closely. RIP massive overclocking, custom BIOS etc. for the people who are interested in that...

Nvidia have been jerks for years. All you have to do is look back at the BS they pulled with [H]ard OCP a few years ago. AMD is catching up... Hard to say if this kind of thing may persuiade people to try an AMD card.

Intel seems to be on the fence. It is hard to tell if they are trying to complete, cancel etc. I was hoping they would have some strong competition out by now to put Nvidia in their place.

Well crap, usually I sell my current GPU when I purchase a new one, but now with EVGA leaving the business my current EVGA 3080 hybrid might gain too much sentimental value for me to sell.

My ideal scenario would be EVGA partnering with Intel, helping them fix their driver issues, and make Arc a real competitor for AMD and Nvidia.

It's probably just a pipe dream, though. Intel seems to be eager to kill the product line before it even launches.

My ideal scenario would be EVGA partnering with Intel, helping them fix their driver issues, and make Arc a real competitor for AMD and Nvidia.

It's probably just a pipe dream, though. Intel seems to be eager to kill the product line before it even launches.

BattleMage KINGPIN does sound pretty baller.

I don't think EVGA has the engineering capability to work on drivers for a new graphics card ;P

I would like AMD and Intel though, that would be the go to manufacturer then. Everyone else jacks their prices up like crazy on AMD cards that are custom.

Also Jayz

I don't quite understand who Andrew Han (EVGA CEO) was talking to. Steve from GN made it sound like he had an exclusive interview with him. But Jayz sounded like it was an interview with many tech channel hosts.

Steve from GN thinks he's the most important person on YouTube. Everybody was lauding him with praise years ago for doing really legit reviews and it went straight to his head so now his videos are all him talking down his nose to people. Naturally he'd make it out like he's the one with the exclusive.

As for EVGA I hope other AIB's follow suit. I personally like the Founders Edition cards but theu shouldn't be competing with their own AIB partners and by competing I mean straight undercutting them and taking their business. I'm an Nvidia fan boy most of the time but Nvidia needs to be brought down a notch or two.

Steve from GN thinks he's the most important person on YouTube. Everybody was lauding him with praise years ago for doing really legit reviews and it went straight to his head so now his videos are all him talking down his nose to people. Naturally he'd make it out like he's the one with the exclusive.
It was a bit odd watching 80% of GN's video which made it sound like an exclusive scoop with only GN being invited before Steve mentioned Jay and some person named John were also there in an offhand comment :p

Holy crap. They've been my brand of choice for many years. Feels like ASUS = always overpriced and stuff from Zotac, Galax, etc. is mostly crap. Guess I'm rolling with MSI and Gigabyte now.

EVGA was priced right, all things considered. MSI has gotten expensive but I will likely go back to their cards.

It is too bad. I had to RMA my EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ulttra Gaming card. Other than having to pay for shipping ($$$ from Canada), the RMA process went well.

I'm not really surprised to see this. I feel like Nvidia has been playing games for a while. Maybe they finally decided they have enough capacity to make all their own cards to maximize profit and control the entire hardware experience more closely. RIP massive overclocking, custom BIOS etc. for the people who are interested in that...

Nvidia have been jerks for years. All you have to do is look back at the BS they pulled with [H]ard OCP a few years ago. AMD is catching up... Hard to say if this kind of thing may persuiade people to try an AMD card.

Intel seems to be on the fence. It is hard to tell if they are trying to complete, cancel etc. I was hoping they would have some strong competition out by now to put Nvidia in their place.
I am not surprised either. Nvidia has a history of locking things in, either by themselves or via "partners". If AMD and Intel were to collaborate blocking Nvidia cards out of their platforms, they would not do anything that Nvidia already havent done when they were in the chipset buisness (locking out crossfire) or locking GPU physx on Nvidia cards if AMD cards were detected as primary cards.

EVGA had enough of Nvidia being Nvidia, trying to strongarm, lock in and control everything. Former board partners like BFG and XFX are already out.

I dont buy EVGA cards. My last Nvidia cards have been MSI (1080s) and Asus (2080 TI) because I buy cards according to their noise levels. But, I would not be surprised if those vendors stopped selling Nvidia GPUs or if Nvidia would stop using third party vendors in a few years from now. Nvidia wants to be Apple and thats their path.

Its business as usual. Nvidia being Nvidia, some gets screwed in their path and gets upset about it. A bit noise in the forums for a while, before it blows over.

You´ll have one party telling how it hurts getting screwed by Nvidias business practices and another party portraying to be armchair CEO telling us how much sense Nvidias screwing is, since Nvidia is heavily invested in the Vaseline business ....

And then a new series of shiny GPUs comes along and our short attention span kicks in.

I guess with ETH merge, no need to take bigger losses on GPU sales.. gamer market small time compared to the previous crypto "bullish" run..

Global recession is shaping up as well...

Probably a good time to exit, is what they are leveraging on

I guess with ETH merge, no need to take bigger losses on GPU sales.. gamer market small time compared to the previous crypto "bullish" run..

Global recession is shaping up as well...

Probably a good time to exit, is what they are leveraging on
At least now. EVGA notified Nvidia in April, before the mining crash, so hopefully they scaled down a bit from then.

Back