EVGA made a 4090

erek

[H]F Junkie

Finally, a possible answer to this question. Pretty interesting

1667858858495.png

Reference:
What
would an EVGA 4090 Look Like?

Hypothetically and or theoretically speaking, what would an eVGA GeForce RTX 4090 even look like if it were to release? Just curious

If your Ego want to show that you did better card design that the competition, high profile youtuber you have a relationship with is not a bad way to go about it, same goes to keep your relationship about it even if you lost one of the big views for youtuber item.

Is there a possibility that an issue would arise contract wise if they sold them for profit to the general public ? Maybe the not a 4090 and the sticker are just made up to make it look cooler than it is, but maybe there is some form of ndna thing going on.

This definately would have been the best 4090 on the market imho. It's so cool that they let him have one.

It's hard to beat the appeal of the Founders this gen. It's cool, quiet, and comes in the smallest form factor outside of the hybrid models. I can see why the AIB's are pissed. Nvidia left them in the dark on specs, then (according to rumors) binned the best chips for their in-house model that competes with custom variants costing hundreds more.

In another generation or two, the other AIB partners will be gone. Nvidia is making sure of that. I hope I am wrong.

What was Andrew at EVGA thinking by sending these out. It means nothing at all. He wanted out and got out.
Not the message I got. This was more of a thank you gesture to influencers who undoubtedly helped them push units over the years.

EVGA only made 20 of these, so it makes sense that someone high up like Andrew would be the one to pick and choose those to receive what is essentially a novelty item.

Plus reviewing them, while pretending they are an actual product, makes for interesting content and conversation.

Gonna be tough to honor the warranty when I force them to sell me one of the existing 20...

I haven't bought a Radeon since the ATI days but that would probably get me to do it.

I switched to Radeon this generation. Just a 6600. But I'm surprisingly happy with it.

No login needed for driver updates either.

Now I don't generally "fanboi" about anything. Don't take it that way. But it's better at the moment for my purposes.

I kept looking at nVidia cards and couldn't jump in. Can't tell you why. I just went the other direction.

I switched to Radeon this generation. Just a 6600. But I'm surprisingly happy with it.

No login needed for driver updates either.

Now I don't generally "fanboi" about anything. Don't take it that way. But it's better at the moment for my purposes.

I kept looking at nVidia cards and couldn't jump in. Can't tell you why. I just went the other direction.
You don't need a login for driver updates with Nvidia.

It really pisses me off that the jayztwocents dbag gets stuff like this.

IMO, it would have been cooler if EVGA would have done a prize drawing for these things for EVGA members, versus giving these out to a bunch of wealthy youtubers just so they could chase more clout.

It really pisses me off that the jayztwocents dbag gets stuff like this.

IMO, it would have been cooler if EVGA would have done a prize drawing for these things for EVGA members, versus giving these out to a bunch of wealthy youtubers just so they could chase more clout.
If they gave these out to the public then they would be expecting warranty support, scalping them on eBay, mining on them, and probably not making videos about them

If they gave these out to the public then they would be expecting warranty support, scalping them on eBay, mining on them, and probably not making videos about them

Yeah? So what?

Reactions: erek
like this
Why did they waste these cards on these narcissistic dbags? If ever there was a case for a collector's item auction on something, it would be these cards.
Because those narcissistic dbags are the ones with a million+ strong audience.

You're not wrong about Steve, though. I admire what he's done for the field in terms of preserving the kind of instrumented testing that sites like HardOCP used to do, but he sure is a sanctimonious ponce about it. All that crowing about how great a design the card is, and they only showed the board itself for like 30 seconds and then spent the 26 minutes waxing poetic about the fin stack and vapor chamber, as if those are somehow new or novel features.

You're not wrong about Steve, though. I admire what he's done for the field in terms of preserving the kind of instrumented testing that sites like HardOCP used to do, but he sure is a sanctimonious ponce about it. All that crowing about how great a design the card is, and they only showed the board itself for like 30 seconds and then spent the 26 minutes waxing poetic about the fin stack and vapor chamber, as if those are somehow new or novel features.
If you dislike him so much why not make your own review channel without the sanctimonious and snide comments?
(please save us, I hate watching any of these people)

like this
If you dislike him so much why not make your own review channel without the sanctimonious and snide comments?
(please save us, I hate watching any of these people)
I do have a Youtube channel where I discuss troubleshooting and repairing damaged graphics cards. I haven't posted on it in a while, since that's not really that practical a thing to do, and the graphics card apocalyse of 2021 made it even less practical, since dead cards still somehow cost a giant pile of money, even with a crater burned in the board. :(

Furthermore, Hardware Unboxed exists, and I don't actually feel the need to compete with them.

I do have a Youtube channel where I discuss troubleshooting and repairing damaged graphics cards. I haven't posted on it in a while, since that's not really that practical a thing to do, and the graphics card apocalyse of 2021 made it even less practical, since dead cards still somehow cost a giant pile of money, even with a crater burned in the board. :(

Furthermore, Hardware Unboxed exists, and I don't actually feel the need to compete with them.
You could probably get a decent following these days if you posted more videos. Somehow a lot of fixit channels found their way onto my YouTube playlist and I barely ever search for stuff like board repairs.

like this

Gosh I agree with this.

Perhaps one thing eVGA has made..... a mistake?
Jensen said that Andrew (evga ceo) had been thinking about scaling down and exiting the videocard business for years so I doubt he regrets the decision.

like this
I could be out of touch, but I would doubt the contractual agreement of Nvidia sending early engineering sample would allow using them has prize to be giving in the regular public. Could be the reason For the next gen CPU instead of calling it 4090 and so on

This definately would have been the best 4090 on the market imho. It's so cool that they let him have one.
Only if they made a Kingpin version. Their standard cards were just like everyone else's. They were all produced in the same factories. The difference is there would be a bunch of gawdy "e's" all over everything.

like this
Back