EVGA Keyboard and Mouse for $9.23 each

My Z12 keyboard was delivered yesterday. Seems like a pretty nice keyboard for under $9. Has some weight to it, so it doesn't just seem like a cheap piece of plastic. The Z12 has a feel that is quite different from other membrane keyboards. It seems like they did everything they could to make it feel "similar" to a mechanical keyboard. It definitely doesn't feel like most membrane keyboards. With that in mind, I'm not sure who the target audience for this keyboard is. If you like the feel of a mechanical keyboard, then you are probably going to buy a mechanical keyboard. If you are like me and actually prefer membrane keyboards, then you will probably want a keyboard that has a traditional membrane keyboard feel (Currently using a Corsair K55 and I love it). Who would want a membrane keyboard that is pretending to be a mechanical keyboard? The keys also have fairly short travel distance, which could be a pro or con depending on your preferences.

Mine came today and I just took it out of the box but haven't hooked it up. It definitely has a different feel to it. It's not a membrane feel nor is it exactly a mechanical feel. The key travel is very short which means it's a good thing it's only meant to be a backup keyboard as there's little chance I could use it as a daily driver. There's also quite a bit of looseness to the keys compared to the HyperX mechanical I'm using but still less than a number of membrane keyboards I've used over the years.

I can't comment about typing accuracy, how it lights up or anything else since I haven't hooked it up yet.

This isn't a keyboard I'd normally purchase for myself but should be perfect for backup/emergency duties for less than $10.

Keyboard and mouse are $15 again at EVGA with free shipping. Not as good as $10, but still pretty cheap and even a little lower with an associate code.

Back