EVGA GeForce GTX 6600Ti to GTX 960 RMA Question

Roberty

Extremely [H]
My EVGA GTX 6600Ti is on it's last legs (Hard crashing and complete lockups while gaming within minutes) and the 3 year warranty is out in a week. I RMA'ed it with EVGA and did the cross shipment option so I would get it ASAP. Just got the new card shipped and I get an email today from EVGA stating that my replacement card is now listed in my products page on EVGA. I just looked and they are shipping me a EVGA GeForce GTX 960 FTW ACX 2.0+. At first I was "Sweet" but after comparing the two cards side by side online I'm not so sure. The new card supports DX12 and uses about 25% less power but on higher resolutions appears to not be as good as my old card. I have a Dell 30" monitor btw. Is this really a comparable card or did I just get a lesser card shipped my way??

in the worse case scenario you got a upgrade card, in the best scenario it will be a big upgrade depending on the game.. so you are a winner..

In older titles, the 960 is about as fast as a 760, which is faster than your 660Ti. However, in some newer games that are optimized for Maxwell cards (like project CARS), it can beat out a 780.

You didn't get gimped.

My EVGA GTX 6600Ti is on it's last legs (Hard crashing and complete lockups while gaming within minutes) and the 3 year warranty is out in a week. I RMA'ed it with EVGA and did the cross shipment option so I would get it ASAP. Just got the new card shipped and I get an email today from EVGA stating that my replacement card is now listed in my products page on EVGA. I just looked and they are shipping me a EVGA GeForce GTX 960 FTW ACX 2.0+. At first I was "Sweet" but after comparing the two cards side by side online I'm not so sure. The new card supports DX12 and uses about 25% less power but on higher resolutions appears to not be as good as my old card. I have a Dell 30" monitor btw. Is this really a comparable card or did I just get a lesser card shipped my way??

I think you did well here. Keep that new card

In older titles, the 960 is about as fast as a 760, which is faster than your 660Ti. However, in some newer games that are optimized for Maxwell cards (like project CARS), it can beat out a 780.

You didn't get gimped.
Love to see a review showing the 960 beating a 780 in Project Cars. Here it is not even beating the 770.

^

I haven't actually looked at more recent performance reviews to see if that was just a one off thing. Doesn't really matter though, at the very least, he got a GPU that's better than what he had.

Back