EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX worth it

For sure; I haven't seen anything which conclusively proves the extra power phases enhances the OC potential.

I believe the GamersNexus 'Hybrid' Modded GTX 1080 should give you one data point: http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2441-diy-gtx-1080-hybrid-thermals-100-percent-lower-higher-oc-room
That said, if you want to watercool for better temps or because you just want to that is one thing, most people seem to have great luck on purely air hitting the 2-2.1GHZ mark

i already have a waterloop with 2 7970s but upgrading to a 1080 so i been only looking at cards with blocks installed new for most part i been eyeing the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW HydroCopper GAMING for 780 but i figured if i could get the used one for 600-620 it wouldnt be a bad deal but id have to borrow the money then pay it back when taxes come in close to march.

i already have a waterloop with 2 7970s but upgrading to a 1080 so i been only looking at cards with blocks installed new for most part i been eyeing the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW HydroCopper GAMING for 780 but i figured if i could get the used one for 600-620 it wouldnt be a bad deal but id have to borrow the money then pay it back when taxes come in close to march.
Ok that makes more sense.

You may want to post a WTB thread here as well (if you haven't already); I'd hate for you go have to pay interest to buy a card now. There should be just as many if not more used 1080 cards available in a month or two

Ok that makes more sense.

You may want to post a WTB thread here as well (if you haven't already); I'd hate for you go have to pay interest to buy a card now. There should be just as many if not more used 1080 cards available in a month or two

yea im better off waiting just tired of my 7979s whine they have its very annoying lol. Might just watch for the hydrocopper to go on sell and buy it new then i can add 2 years to the warranty thru evga for 30 bucks and get as 5 year warranty.

yea i passed on it it sold for 610usd going to just wait till my taxes come in and see what i can get hopefuly nvida will release the 1080ti march first and people will be selling some cards and maybe even new cards go on sell who knows.

With your current setup, going with the Hydrocopper linked above would be the best option.

Back