Evga advanced rma, any experiences on the warranty after? Or possible to keep as secondary?

markm75

Gawd
I cant seem to find this answer, but curious, anyone thats done an advanced rma on an evga card. Does the new card continue the remaining part of the 3 year warranty?
What happens if you opt to just keep both cards, do they just keep the hold on the card and turn into the formal charge (no extra charge) and does the warranty work on both cards?

Thanks in advance

My understanding is you get the balance of the warranty. You don't get a new 3 year warranty.

If you opt to keep both cards, you'll be billed for the other card.

I have no idea what happens with a warranty in that situation because you're essentially asking about fraudulent activity with EVGA. I'm sure they will deny your warranty for the original card.

Reactions: Elios
like this
My understanding is you get the balance of the warranty. You don't get a new 3 year warranty.

If you opt to keep both cards, you'll be billed for the other card.

I have no idea what happens with a warranty in that situation because you're essentially asking about fraudulent activity with EVGA. I'm sure they will deny your warranty for the original card.
Not really fraudulent but in my case i have a flaky hdmi port, i thought maybe keeping one would also be an option, if i wanted to use the "bad" card in a machine where the hdmi wasnt needed, more of an after thought.

Not really fraudulent but in my case i have a flaky hdmi port, i thought maybe keeping one would also be an option, if i wanted to use the "bad" card in a machine where the hdmi wasnt needed, more of an after thought.

If you apply for an RMA and then don't send the other card in, you're attempting to cheat the system. Just send the bad card in. Don't play games.

Not going to work. You should get a replacement because it is not fully working, but you typically have to send in the item. Otherwise everyone would suddenly have 1 bad display output or some other imperfection that just happens to be not too critical. They need to verify it isn't working and all that. They also repair then and tend to sell them as refurbished.

My first thought reading this thread was that that OP thought he had come up with a clever way of scamming a second 3090 out of EVGA to flip on Ebay for a profit.

Assuming you're not lying about the original card being broken, I would think the real problem would be that you wind up with one working card and one dead one. If what you really want is two working cards, I say RMA the one with the flaky HDMI port, and just buy a second one. Trying to abuse the system like this, even if your intentions are just to end up with two cards you paid for, seems like a good way to get EVGA - the vendor everyone likes because they have these policies - to give up on the solid warranty.

I predict goodbye-advance-RMA for Ampere if its not already gone. I saw this same question asked on EVGA forums a week or two ago.

Yeah there was no cheat here, just curiosity. So long as the swapped card still carries the remainder of the warranty, thats good enough.

If you apply for an RMA and then don't send the other card in, you're attempting to cheat the system. Just send the bad card in. Don't play games.
Or just buy another card. Life is better when you can sleep at night.

I cant seem to find this answer, but curious, anyone thats done an advanced rma on an evga card. Does the new card continue the remaining part of the 3 year warranty?
What happens if you opt to just keep both cards, do they just keep the hold on the card and turn into the formal charge (no extra charge) and does the warranty work on both cards?

Thanks in advance
Yes, did it for my 3090 FTW3 Ultra a couple weeks ago because the PCIE slot power draw was way above spec at stock.

The RMA card has the exact same warranty as your original, same start date and all.

The card with the problem has to be sent back. Use the pre-paid shipping label in the box that they sent the replacement in. Failure to send the bad card in will result in that hold charge on whatever card that you used to turn into an actual charge.

It's all spelled out here: https://www.evga.com/support/ear/

You keep the remaining warranty on card. Warranty still transferrable if sold. Have done this on 2 evga most recent was a 2080ti. and a psu.

If you do things honestly, you send the old card back and if fixable it may become bstock purchasable to others.

Reactions: Elios
like this
Yeah there was no cheat here, just curiosity. So long as the swapped card still carries the remainder of the warranty, thats good enough.

I mean in light of transparency this isn’t exactly ethical if your intent is to keep both cards. The loop hole seems to be getting another card and keeping the other one it makes sense but it’s a bit shady lol. No offense of course. I would like a card as well or 2 or 3 lol. EVGA is a great company and they are like the only ones using the auto notify in a way that has integrity. Would be a shame to dishonor that.

Just keep in mind, if you decide to keep the RMA card, EVGA can possibly void the warranties on both at their discretion.

It is an option, one that will cost you the full price of the card they sent you. EVGA has great customer service but they aren't a charity.

you can keep the replacement card but you will pay full price for it and it will only have the remainder of the original warranty. so if you only have 1 year left, you will pay full price for possibly a refurbed card with only 1 year warranty.

Thanks in advance
Yes, the replacement card will have the same purchase date as the original and the warranty will continue from that date of purchase.

To use the advanced RMA they require you provide a valid CC to begin the process. If you choose not to return the defective RMA'd card they will charge you for the replacement. I'd assume you can then register the new card. They may consider it a new purchase and give you the full warranty on the new card, since it would be a new purchase at full price from them, at that point. You may want to double check that.

I had to RMA two 3070's from them. The first through an advance RMA. Took about two weeks for them to send the 2nd 3070. For replacements, they don't wait for you to send your card to them first, you send it once you get your new one, as they provide a shipping label, too. The purchase date is the same as the original and warranty good for the remaining time based on the original card. The 2nd RMA I asked for and and received a full refund, since clearly there is a problem with their 3070's. Took them a week once they received the 2nd to process the refund. They flag defective cards for testing and reserve the right to charge a 15% restocking fee if they can't replicate the issue.

Back