evga 1080 hydro copper ftw overclocking

bal3wolf

Limp Gawd
Im new to nvida now havet owned one sence my days with a 8800gt i just got my card in and hooked up out fo the box it boost to 2025 how do i get it up to say 2150 or 2200mhz pretty new to evga's tools. I been trying to raise clock then check with heavin but not having alot of luck im not sure what the limit is on these cards clock wise.

Every card has a different limit for clocking, even if you're under water.

There's really not much to tweak, you can find a dozen guides on YouTube for basic 1080 overclocking that will walk you through every thing step-by-step. Crank up the power to max since you're not worried about temps, then crank up the clocks until it artifacts or crashes.

i was watching some up power limit, raise voltage limit to max then up clocks looks like im gonna max out around +125 putting me around 2130mhz. Was just wondering if people had any tweaks that got better clocks or higher voltage my card wont go above 1.063 i thought 1.093 was the limit on 1080s.

Use the voltage / frequency curve. You'll get a lot better results than with just using the offset method. Trick is just to keep the temps as low as possible.

havet seen temps go above 41c so far using msi ab right now iv found this card will do 650+ on the memory around 5643Mhz and 100+ on the core around 2119Mhz, using 3dmark to test and watching for scores to drop.

havet seen temps go above 41c so far using msi ab right now iv found this card will do 650+ on the memory around 5643Mhz and 100+ on the core around 2119Mhz, using 3dmark to test and watching for scores to drop.
Have you tried no oc on the memory to see if your GPU will go higher by itself? 1080's are power starved you might be limiting yourself. Try memory only too then both, also there are sweet spots where sometimes performance is better not at max ram OC.

Lots of testing...

Also 2200mhz is rare on 1080s from what I've seen (I'm not sure I've ever seen that, at least sustained)

i got 2114Mhz and 5580Mhz stable my card really wont go past 2114Mhz no matter what i do got a 18k 3dmark firestrike score with my 2600k.

Back