EvE online?

Played it for over 6 years. Just recently quit. Probably (well no, not probably) is one of the most hardcore pvp MMO's. What did you want to know?

Love it. I've been in and out of it over the years unfortunately, but I've got a setup that is able to just pay for my accounts at the moment, so I'm able to continue on skill training.

Like he said. Questions?

It's fun, hardcore pvp and no n00b friendly shit!

I haven't been playing as much as I should be, but sometimes a game wears on you when you have been playing it since 2004. :D

Played for two years. 3 accounts, 8 characters, billions of ISK and equipment still sitting on there.

I have 4 accounts. I live in a worm hole. I make a shit load of money.

LearningCurve1.jpg

Stay away from this game, it will consume you. It has cost to many people to bicker and leave the clan i've been a part of since before EVE Beta.

Don't waste your time and money.

I have been playing for the last 6 months with the dreddit corp and I just lost my 2.5b tengu monday. =( Made me rage so hard.

I usually take 1-2 months breaks once in while from this game due to burnout. With that said, still addicting. In fact, I've been PLEXing my two accounts the past year or so. So essentially free in terms of monetary cost for me.

I usually take 1-2 months breaks once in while from this game due to burnout. With that said, still addicting. In fact, I've been PLEXing my two accounts the past year or so. So essentially free in terms of monetary cost for me.

I wish I could make enough money in EVE to buy a PLEX. I am so bad at making isk that it is the reason why I dont play anymore.

I wish I could make enough money in EVE to buy a PLEX. I am so bad at making isk that it is the reason why I dont play anymore.
Easiest but slowest way is to grind standings as quickly as possible to be able to get L4 Security mission agents. In addition, get the skils and isk needed for a L4 mission running ship. Once you get L4 Missions, it's actually fairly easy to PLEX the account AND make up for the costs of the L4 mission running ship (sometimes around the 100million to 200million isk mark depending on fitting on the low-end). Right the cost of a PLEX is around 375mil to 400mil in some areas. Even at the high price of 400million isk for a PLEX, all you need to earn is ~13million isk minimum per day for a PLEX. That's usually 1-3 L4 missions.

Then there's incursions. High risk PVE but extremely high payoff: Sometimes you can earn a PLEX worth of isk in about 3-4 hours of doing incursions. Repetive yes but still risky and quick/high payoff

Of course, if you can afford to pay the monthly subscription fee and/or don't have time to do all that mission running, then no need to grind of course.

Not anymore. I ran 2 accounts a 50 mill+ SP account and a 35Mill+ SP account but I gave up. It just wasn't fun, too many limitations, to many changes to crush the little guy. There was no way for a casual gamer to make any ISK.

The $$ thing in EvE sucks, everything costs so much & I want a fast easy way to make good $$. I wish Hulks didn't cost so freaken much.

The $$ thing in EvE sucks, everything costs so much & I want a fast easy way to make good $$. I wish Hulks didn't cost so freaken much.

Hulks used to be about 90mill I haven't logged in for a long time now but last time I looked at th market they where about 180mill. This is due to few people having the BPO and then those peopel arranging hulkageddon to make huge profits. The sad thing is that people actually then join up to hulkageddon and make this ISK for them! Amazing scam that people freely join up to each year.

Me and a friend used to run 3 hulks and an Orca with maxed out skills for top boosts, it was ok ISK but really do you want to spend your days shooting rocks all the time? It did buy me a faction fitted golem and a navy issue mega but with high sec ganking around the mission hubs I didn't bother using them much. All points to the problems with EVE.

I also did my fair share of 0.0 but if you don't have about 5 hours a day to put in to it you won't get anything out of it. I still have ships stuck in 0.0 that I will probably never see again.

EVE is for people who live alone, no wife, no kids, and do a part time job. I just don't see it working otherwise.

Last edited:
hulkageddon has nothing to do with the people that have the hulk bpo...

I was always heavy into industry in the game. I built freighters and capital ships. Freighters was usually a consistant 800-1100mil/week passive income. POS network was often great money, but it fluxed alot and then they finally staked it in the heart with PI.

Missions are easy money and you really shouldn have any problems paying for your first account with them after a few months (if you focus on it.) Honestly people with money problems in eve make me question their sanity..

There was no way for a casual gamer to make any ISK.
Out of curiosity, did you ever try incursions? That seems like a quick way for a casual gamer to make isk. 3-4 hours to make a PLEX worth of isk spread over a month is easily doable by most casual gamers I would assume.
Hulks used to be about 90mill I haven't logged in for a long time now but last time I looked at th market they where about 180mill. This is due to few people having the BPO and then those peopel arranging hulkageddon to make huge profits. The sad thing is that people actually then join up to hulkageddon and make this ISK for them! Amazing scam that people freely join up to each year.
Well Hulkageddon will probably not happen again as the organizer was banned during the whole "micro-transaction fiasco" for supposdly threatening a member of CCP. So for the time being, Hulkageddon isn't gonna happen.

I also did my fair share of 0.0 but if you don't have about 5 hours a day to put in to it you won't get anything out of it.
Yeah true regarding PVP and PVE. In addition, PVP down in 0.0 has taken a nose-dive now that Super-caps have become an instant "I Win" button.
EVE is for people who live alone, no wife, no kids, and do a part time job. I just don't see it working otherwise.

LOL!

I dual box eve now. Live in null sec. Great Wildlands region.
Anyone in a massive alliance that plays?

3 accounts. Coming up on 6 years next month.

Yes, it does suck your free time into non-existence.

Out of curiosity, did you ever try incursions? That seems like a quick way for a casual gamer to make isk. 3-4 hours to make a PLEX worth of isk spread over a month is easily doable by most casual gamers I would assume.

I always thought the incursions needed a large fleet? I know there is various difficulty levels but can they be done with 2 people?

I always thought the incursions needed a large fleet? I know there is various difficulty levels but can they be done with 2 people?

Yes with Incursions, you need a fleet of 10 pilots to do them: Generally 7 DPS ships and 3 Logi. So unfortuantely no, you can't do it with two people.

I quit a few months ago when the last rage came about, player since '04. I'm not going back until they heavily re-invest resources in Flying in Space.

I loved it. The atmosphere, depth, massive scale.... all very cool. The thing that was tough was unless you were in a corp, a functional active corp, it was really hard to stay involved. You can run some missions and mine in secure space, but eventually some ass is going to pod kill you. I'm sure its fun to harass people and what not, i got extorted for isk at least a dozen times (give me money or i keel you), but I never got far enough along to try that aspect.

I like the ship graphics too, all unique and a bit off in some cases (industrial ships were so strange looking). I did like the time required to become all crazy epic, not like WoW where you can be in almost top gear from a weekend of battlegrounds.

if anyone wants to do mission running thats located near/in kador/domain regions, my cousin and I are running L3 security missions.. we typically make about 8-9 million isk + bounty bonuses a day.. with 3 or more people we could probably double or triple that amount. we are currently working on getting to L4 missions which we should have in the next 3-4 days. we currently mining right now since i'm trying to get my battlecruiser and hes trying to get his battleship which we should be done with in a couple days.

if anyone wants to do mission running thats located near/in kador/domain regions, my cousin and I are running L3 security missions.. we typically make about 8-9 million isk + bounty bonuses a day.. with 3 or more people we could probably double or triple that amount. we are currently working on getting to L4 missions which we should have in the next 3-4 days. we currently mining right now since i'm trying to get my battlecruiser and hes trying to get his battleship which we should be done with in a couple days.
Whats your in-game name? Ill run some missions with you.

Whats your in-game name? Ill run some missions with you.

my ingame name is sirmonkey dardar (dumb name but a last name was required so thats what it ended up being). my cousins ingame name is kasimir wulf.

What NPC corp are you guys running missions for? I'm actually based in the Domain region at the moment and can do L4 missions for Amarr Navy or Ministry of Internal something or other.

I dual box eve now. Live in null sec. Great Wildlands region.
Anyone in a massive alliance that plays?

I lived in curse for a long. long. long time.

I think i had more fun during the beta and early days than any other time.

You think it has a learning curve now.... jesus.

I loved it. The atmosphere, depth, massive scale.... all very cool. The thing that was tough was unless you were in a corp, a functional active corp, it was really hard to stay involved. You can run some missions and mine in secure space, but eventually some ass is going to pod kill you. I'm sure its fun to harass people and what not, i got extorted for isk at least a dozen times (give me money or i keel you), but I never got far enough along to try that aspect.

I like the ship graphics too, all unique and a bit off in some cases (industrial ships were so strange looking). I did like the time required to become all crazy epic, not like WoW where you can be in almost top gear from a weekend of battlegrounds.

Going pirate is awesome. By all means roll up a pvp toon and head out to the wild and wooly part of the universe.

There are two types of pirate though, those that try to make money off of you, and crazy murdering hermits with missiles. Go for the latter.

What NPC corp are you guys running missions for? I'm actually based in the Domain region at the moment and can do L4 missions for Amarr Navy or Ministry of Internal something or other.

we are running the missions out of Ministry of War.. we did L1 and L2 out of Akhragan ministry of war archives and we are now doing L3 missions out of Sukirah ministry of war archives. sukirah is located in Kador region which is only 3 jumps away from Domain(toward the NW/top left of the domain region if your looking at the in-game map)

we are running the missions out of Ministry of War.. we did L1 and L2 out of Akhragan ministry of war archives and we are now doing L3 missions out of Sukirah ministry of war archives. sukirah is located in Kador region which is only 3 jumps away from Domain(toward the NW/top left of the domain region if your looking at the in-game map)

I do Lvl4s for the Amarr Navy in the Tash-Murkon region. I was looking to level up ministry of war for access to more lvl4 agents. Ill send you a PM whenever I log on.

I do Lvl4s for the Amarr Navy in the Tash-Murkon region. I was looking to level up ministry of war for access to more lvl4 agents. Ill send you a PM whenever I log on.

ok. yeah shouldn't be to hard to get you to level 4 since we will be splitting the awards which will also increase your standing's there.

I can run L4 missions for Ministry of War. Nearest MoW L4 agent to me is in Aband. If you want, hit me up in game whenever you want to run L4 missions for that corp. I'm "dangman4ever" in game.

I can run L4 missions for Ministry of War. Nearest MoW L4 agent to me is in Aband. If you want, hit me up in game whenever you want to run L4 missions for that corp. I'm "dangman4ever" in game.

cool.. i'm currently mining like a mad man with my cousin so i can get enough money to afford a Myrmidon and so he can buy his abaddon. i should have my myrmidon later tonight though.

cool.. i'm currently mining like a mad man with my cousin so i can get enough money to afford a Myrmidon and so he can buy his abaddon. i should have my myrmidon later tonight though.

I think running a bunch of L1/L2 missions brings in more isk than a mining in a non-mining barge ship. Also what are you mining? Everything in site or certain rocks?

I think running a bunch of L1/L2 missions brings in more isk than a mining in a non-mining barge ship. Also what are you mining? Everything in site or certain rocks?

my cousin has a mining barge i don't but i do have a transport ship.. so i just mine with the vexor til we have enough cans to the point where i can continuously run back and forth and never have to stop. we specifically mine fiery kernite and luminous kernite.. fiery kernite has the highest profit margin in high sec space.

L1/2 missions come no where close to the amount we make mining.. we tried it before. both me and my cousin ran seperate missions. we did something like 25 combined missions and made roughly 20 million.. and quite frankly i'd rather sit and stare at ships mining for 15 hours then having to run back and forth turning in missions and doing those boring ass L1/L2 missions. at least with the L3 missions they were challanging as heck and forced me to actually pay attention.. the down fall is they were expensive as heck to run in my vexor having to constantly repair, buy ammo, more drones, better guns, and better armor got expensive.. :p

Last edited:
Back