Epson Home Cinema 5050UB vs BenQ HT3550 Projector

Sorry didn't see this before. 5050 gaming response has reported below 28ms input lag vs. BenQ 3550 at 58-66ms depending on the reviewer. DLP has actual pixel shifted 8.3 million pixels and IS sharper. The DLP .47 chip shifts 4x the 1920x1080 chip to get its 8 million plus pixels. This .47 chip has been poor in contrast (black)levels compared to the older .66, there for you give up nice inky blacks. I had the previous version the 2550 and sent it back. I prefer better contrast of the Epson products. Espon's 5050 is a great projector capable of faux 4K@60ps in HDR which is a first in this LCD version as previous units were only capable of 24fps HDR do to bandwidth restraints. 5050 has increase sharpness through better LCD chips and deeper contrast. Downfall is it is only shifting each pixel twice for 4.4 Million pixels. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference though if the 5050 is calibrated and at a farther seating position, around 9 feet or more from 100" screen.

Also I think you are actually talking about the BenQ 5550 as that is in the same price range. Epson 5050UB vs BenQ HT5550 | Out-of-the-Box 4K Projector Shootout! - YouTube

Oh and either way, purchase from Bestbuy or a store near you and get their replacement warranty. Epson sends out refurbs as replacement. I actually received a worse replacement than the one I sent back from them. BenQ on the other hand sent me a new 3050 when I had to send that unit back.

Back