Epic Mystery games

hopefully it's the Director's Cut and not the Standard (Stranded? :eek:) Edition which was the Epic freebie last time...
I claimed the director's cut version and received the standard version. So hopefully that's the case this time.

We have the uber popularity of Fortnite and its millions of kids (with deep pockets and a love for skins) to thank for help funding all these "free" games. So yay Fortnite!

We have the uber popularity of Fortnite and its millions of kids (with deep pockets and a love for skins) to thank for help funding all these "free" games. So yay Fortnite!
You mean their parents' credit card :D. However, hooray Fortnite indeed! I may have to check it out someday... hear it's fun.

Why is this? What's with your PC? Story time...

Nothing to exciting. Older gamer who over the year became less and less interested in games coming out. Everything felt like been there done that with just a new coat of paint. I found myself only playing Battlefield which became my excuse to build a new PC with each release or two.

Last built around BF4 in 2013, I7-4770K and Sapphire 7970 on a BenQ XL2420TE in a Cooler Master Storm Trooper. I had zero interest in BF1 as someone who grew up playing WW2 shooters. I just had no desire to play early time periods and along with the delay/killing of custom community servers I skipped the game so no new build. Battlefield V comes out and same reaction. No interest due to time period and status of custom servers.

Picked up The Division 2 during a $3 sale in 02/20 which ran well enough, but started having issues when the expansion released. I would get random crashes and artifacts or Windows would randomly hardlock. Beat the expansion and would kill time running around until one day PC failed to boot all the way unless I removed the 7970. I installed an old Nvidia GT610 I had sitting around which worked fine for getting back dual monitors. This was late 2020 so the height of mining and Covid so overpaying was the only real option which wasn't worth it to me.

Battlefield 2042 comes out in 2021 and it is a dumpster fire which again kills any drive to build.

At this point if I were to build I would need everything, which considering how long my build budget has been sitting in savings I could easily afford, but I don't have a backlog of games I am dying to play that would help justify spending the money. Every once in a while I go down the rabbit hole for a new build only for the state of the GPU and pricing to stop me dead. Picked up a Xbox S during a Verizon sale which I tacked on 3 years of Ultimate Game Pass. It scratched most of the itch though it did start me on the build path again siince I would have those games also now. Instead I had needed surgery on my right arm so I am typing this one handed with my left hand as a rightie while going through recovery and physical therapy so I couldn't game if I wanted to.

Perhaps once I fully recover I will build again, but the first thing I always think is what would I play first. Nothing comes to mind though I would probably try BF 2042 on Game Pass.

I don't even have a working PC that could run anything these days. I still claim every week.
Reminded me when I did the $120 top tier founder pre order for Mech Warrior Online. I had a HP Pavilion 3143us laptop with a i3-370m, 1GB ATI 5650m, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM.
Single digits FPS...... :(

848024_IMG_20230506_105832375.jpg

You guys just need to get organized write the stuff down on a White Board like Uncle Comix. That way if you fogot about that 1-500 game you go play it that weekend. I change it like every 2-3 times a week time permitting.

Last edited:
Dang, just the original version again
Looks like their adding some free stuff with it:

All copies of the game will also additionally include:
• “Selections From ‘The Art of DEATH STRANDING’” Digital Book (by Titan Books)
• CHIRAL GOLD/ OMNIREFLECTOR “LUDENS MASK” SUNGLASSES (COLOR VARIANT)
• GOLD and SILVER POWER SKELETON
• GOLD and SILVER ALL-TERRAIN SKELETON
• GOLD and SILVER ARMOUR PLATE
  • UNLOCK IN-GAME ITEMS VIA STORY PROGRESSION

Either Horizon Chase or Fallout New Vegas someone said Fallout 76 but it's not in the Epic store for tomorrow.

Either Horizon Chase or Fallout New Vegas someone said Fallout 76 but it's not in the Epic store for tomorrow.
Bummer I have both of those already. I paid actual money for New Vegas eons ago.... still have not finished it. Maybe this year.....

I never heard of Horizon Chase and after Googling it doesn't seem like my type of game...I already have New Vegas on Steam...

I never heard of Horizon Chase and after Googling it doesn't seem like my type of game...I already have New Vegas on Steam...
It's sort of a retro racer like Outrun, if you were ever in an arcade in the late 80s

Had the normal version...good game but not sure if good enough to play through again!

Midnight Ghost Hunt next freebie never heard of it should have been Ghost Busters

Hey plenty of us who are older love Fortnite and its skins ;-)

I have 326 games, only 1 installed. That is just with Epic.

"Hi, I'm Doj, I'm a game hoarder....."
I wonder what the total number of unique games they've given away is, like what's the maximum one could have? Over 300 is quite a lot, I've only claimed around 125 on Epic. Otherwise I got Godfall which had to be redeemed on Epic as a free game with an RX 5600 XT & I bought Hitman 3 while it was exclusive. Hitman 3 would be far and away the one with the most play time, but I've played a few of the free games.

I wonder what the total number of unique games they've given away is, like what's the maximum one could have? Over 300 is quite a lot, I've only claimed around 125 on Epic. Otherwise I got Godfall which had to be redeemed on Epic as a free game with an RX 5600 XT & I bought Hitman 3 while it was exclusive. Hitman 3 would be far and away the one with the most play time, but I've played a few of the free games.

Around 375. I have almost all of them. I might have missed 1 or 2, but sometimes they do the same game multiple times so I may have gotten the one I missed, not sure. I even have Shadow Complex which they gave out free before Fotnite even existed.

1686172853047.png

Back