Email issue

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a mac and i'm using entourage to send from my Work account to address [email protected]. I get the following message:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed
[email protected]

I use the SAME entourage but send from my GMAIL and it works.

I use Webmail to my exchange and I can send, so it's not an exchange issue. It's an issue isolated to entourage sending through my Exchange.

Anyone seen this issue before.

What SMTP server are you using when you send from your work email? Is that server configured correctly?

What SMTP server are you using when you send from your work email? Is that server configured correctly?

Guess I don't understand your question. It's an exchange box, exchange 03 so that SMTP virtual connector would be the SMTP server... Which the email sends fine when logged into webmail.

Well, if your webmail is GMail, then it's using Google's SMTP servers, which (of course) work perfectly fine. If you set a different SMTP server for outgoing mail in Entourage, does the problem persist?

Well, if your webmail is GMail, then it's using Google's SMTP servers, which (of course) work perfectly fine. If you set a different SMTP server for outgoing mail in Entourage, does the problem persist?

outgoing is the exchange.

webmail, is Outlook Web Access directly to the Exchange.

I'm going to blow away the email setup and re-do it... see if it starts working

Are you using MAPI, IMAP, POP? For sending are you using SMTP or MAPI? These are all client side. The issue is most likely with the client and not the server.

Entourage sucks balls. Use mail, it has exchange support. Or at least get office 2011 and switch to outlook. I think even Microsoft has acknowledged that entourage sucked.

Back