Elder Scrolls 6 will release for Xbox and PC only

Like putting a console in your living room? The 90s called and they want their "get a life, nerd" diss back.
That's stilll a bit nerdy, to be sure... this isn't so much an attack on nerddom as just a reminder that there's more to life than the control methods you use for Apex or COD. That and Duke's "everyone must be slaves to gaming PCs" schtick gets pretty tiresome.

Most TVs are set up like that by factory, so much for being easy to use, and on some you can't even reduce brightness enough without sacrificing contrast. Also TVs tend to fake contrast ratio by turning off or down the backlight during darker scenes, which is awful, IDK who came up with that idea, because it is terrible even when watching TV.
I've never had an issue color calibrating a TV while meeting my target brightness, which is 150 nits in SDR (100 on a monitor). ABL can always be turned off. It may have to be done through the service menu, but it can be done.

PS players don't care about "Bethesda" own made games. All are trash and only survived because of the huge amount of mods! Or re-released 50 times a.k.a Skyrim. Heard Starfield and ES6 are both built on the shitty creation engine! Polished turd on release guaranteed! PS5 + PC is best combo. Avowed and Stalker 2 is the only games I'm interested in from that line up and will be playing them on PC.
Agreed, and i don't buy for a second they won't port most of that stuff to PlayStation at some point. They want that money.

Agreed, and i don't buy for a second they won't port most of that stuff to PlayStation at some point. They want that money.
Just like Forza, Halo, Crackdown, and all of Microsoft's other exclusives have been ported to PlayStation in the past, am I right?

oIR6xeOffCEBa.gif

What, exactly, makes you believe TES will be any different?

Eye watering levels of saturation and blinding brightness doesn't automatically mean better. Not to mention input lag.
Input lag is miniscule for the higher end TVs. An OLED or quantum dot Samsung will look better than any gaming monitor. Gaming monitors have been in a sad state for many years.

Just like Forza, Halo, Crackdown, and all of Microsoft's other exclusives have been ported to PlayStation in the past, am I right?

View attachment 415450

What, exactly, makes you believe TES will be any different?
Halo's popularity is biggest with reminiscent xbox fans, i'm not sure of demand on PS. Kind of like forza, played it for the first time in my friends simulator over the weekend. I don't get it, i ran over a tree with my carbon fiber bodied supercar and just kept on trucking. I'm guessing it's not a driving simulator and more of an action game. Either way, with GT7 coming, doesn't really make sense to port it either. I've never even heard of crackdown.

But elder scrolls, probably coming after a year or so, along with any other game they want to make some extra tens of millions on.

But elder scrolls, probably coming after a year or so, along with any other game they want to make some extra tens of millions on.

You don’t spend $7.5 billion on the publisher and studio acquisition to give yourself only timed exclusives over your competitor. Could have done it far cheaper just negotiating those on an ad-hoc basis. If there hadn’t been a pre-existing contractual obligation for a timed exclusive with Deathloop, you wouldn’t have seen it on PlayStation. Same as not expecting Sony owned studios to port their games over to Xbox for a bit of extra money. The Show was different as the license-owner, MLB, wanted it on Xbox now to reach a wider audience.

Halo's popularity is biggest with reminiscent xbox fans, i'm not sure of demand on PS. Kind of like forza, played it for the first time in my friends simulator over the weekend. I don't get it, i ran over a tree with my carbon fiber bodied supercar and just kept on trucking. I'm guessing it's not a driving simulator and more of an action game. Either way, with GT7 coming, doesn't really make sense to port it either. I've never even heard of crackdown.

I'd like to play Halo, but I'm not in a rush. Microsoft burned a lot of goodwill between Halo 4, Halo 5 and the initially botched Master Chief Collection release. Infinite looks promising, but I'd like to know what the single-player campaign is like before proclaiming it a return to form.

On Forza: it's important to distinguish between Forza Horizon, the arcade-like racing game series you may have played at your friend's place, and Forza Motorsport, the more realistic series. The developers alternate between those two franchises every year. There's not much pressure for those to come over when the PlayStation has Gran Turismo, of course.

Crackdown was a big surprise hit for the Xbox 360 back in the day that showed what you could do with an open world. The developers never quite figured out how to capitalize on that early success, though, and Crackdown 3 was the quintessential example of Microsoft's games in the Xbox One era: mediocre, overhyped, and a victim of Microsoft's seemingly inescapable corporate blandness. It reminds me of the Zune in that Microsoft's try-too-hard mindset did a better job of selling rivals' products than its own.

You don’t spend $7.5 billion on the publisher and studio acquisition to give yourself only timed exclusives over your competitor. Could have done it far cheaper just negotiating those on an ad-hoc basis. If there hadn’t been a pre-existing contractual obligation for a timed exclusive with Deathloop, you wouldn’t have seen it on PlayStation. Same as not expecting Sony owned studios to port their games over to Xbox for a bit of extra money. The Show was different as the license-owner, MLB, wanted it on Xbox now to reach a wider audience.
But Sony is porting everything. It's free money, why not take it.

But Sony is porting everything. It's free money, why not take it.

...outside of 1 game already mentioned--along with the reason why it was forced to be ported--what is Sony planning to port to Xbox? My search skills must be failing because I'm not seeing 1 other game. If you are talking about PC, what does that have to do with thinking Microsoft is going to port now 1st Party games directly to their competitor without an outside license holder forcing the issue.

Because I'm a tech enthusiast, and many of the threads and subsections here aren't PC-only. Hate to break it to you, but you don't get to decide who participates in this forum or the topics they discuss.
Sounds like you're afraid to do anything work related with tech.
Hooking up a PC to use for living room gaming is not trivial.
Yes it is. It's literally plug and play.
Unless you have the money to splurge, it means having to either compromise on a computer in your office (since you're presumably not going to do all your computing on your TV) or hauling a machine around the home. If you want an elegant setup, you have to think about the case size, noise and input issues like a lap-friendly keyboard/mouse combo. A modern PC isn't a pain to start up and use... but it's still more of a hassle than a console, especially since many PC games aren't meant for living room play.
My HTPC's are just left over PC's that I've since upgraded from. Besides the benefits of playing PC games on TV I get ad free YouTube and Sponserblock which skips parts of videos that YouTubers try to peddle.
And no, the writing is not on the wall. Not even close. Sony is giving you leftovers;
SO FAR, they're giving leftovers.
Microsoft is trying to pump up Windows sales.
They're trying to pump up Xbox sales. Developers aren't going to make games exclusive to the Xbox and get poor return from their investment. This is probably why Bungie left Microsoft as they wanted to make games for Playstation as well, as the money they got from Xbox was pathetic. By adding PC to the Xbox exclusives list it gives developers incentive to make "exclusives" to Xbox... and PC.
A single PC will still leave you without many games (or waiting longer for them), and it certainly won't deliver "a thousand times more." PC gaming is dandy, and if you enjoy it in the living room, more power to you... but it's not going to make people toss out their consoles any time soon.
Not only you get the left overs from Sony's Playstation but all the current games from Xbox. You can absolutely expand your gaming list with emulators including Switch games which are mostly playable now. The new Metroid game is playable day one on PC. You don't need to wait for a remaster or a remake to play old PC games since most work and the ones that don't do have work arounds. You'd have to buy a PS5, Xbox Series S, and a Switch to even get a fraction of the potential of PC gaming, because you can probably play all their games with lower latency and better graphics and you only need one box hooked up to your TV, not three.
axMnzKW_460s.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you're afraid to do anything work related with tech.
My job revolves around it, so... no, that's not true.

Yes it is. It's literally plug and play.
My HTPC's are just left over PC's that I've since upgraded from. Besides the benefits of playing PC games on TV I get ad free YouTube and Sponserblock which skips parts of videos that YouTubers try to peddle.
Please don't intentionally misrepresent what I said. You know damn well I wasn't talking about just plugging in cables; it's about the expense, creating a genuinely enjoyable setup and maintaining it.

You also supported my point: your system only works because you upgrade PCs frequently and can afford to use your old computers as HTPCs regardless of performance, size, noise and other factors. Try telling that to a family that needs the old PC for a kid's schoolwork, among other examples. And there's a hilarious bit of irony: you flash a comic talking about consoles matching an RTX 30 series card's power... but in your method, you're using old hardware the PlayStation and Xbox can match or beat in a more elegant approach. Certainly less expensive in the long run.

They're trying to pump up Xbox sales. Developers aren't going to make games exclusive to the Xbox and get poor return from their investment. This is probably why Bungie left Microsoft as they wanted to make games for Playstation as well, as the money they got from Xbox was pathetic. By adding PC to the Xbox exclusives list it gives developers incentive to make "exclusives" to Xbox... and PC.
It's both. Microsoft obviously wants to goose Xbox sales, but Windows sales are an easy target when porting doesn't take much work and will help Microsoft boost Windows PC sales. As for Bungie? Well, it split from Microsoft in 2007 but kept making Halo titles for a while... support for more platforms was probably a long-term goal, but it didn't even announce the Activision deal until 2010. I'm pretty sure Bungie enjoyed that Halo money and just felt it was time to reach more audiences, particularly console gamers.

Not only you get the left overs from Sony's Playstation but all the current games from Xbox. You can absolutely expand your gaming list with emulators including Switch games which are mostly playable now. The new Metroid game is playable day one on PC. You don't need to wait for a remaster or a remake to play old PC games since most work and the ones that don't do have work arounds. You'd have to buy a PS5, Xbox Series S, and a Switch to even get a fraction of the potential of PC gaming, because you can probably play all their games with lower latency and better graphics and you only need one box hooked up to your TV, not three.
You don't get all current Xbox games, but never mind that... you're still going to be missing out on some amazing console-only games, or waiting a while before you get them. I also wouldn't consider emulators an advantage because, ethical questions aside, the rug could be pulled out at any moment by the creators. It is nice that you can play old games on a PC, but keep in mind that "technically possible" is not the same as "plays well." Workarounds don't exactly scream "easy to use" to me, either.

More importantly, you're sidestepping the point — it's not about quantity alone, it's about how well-suited the experience is for the living room. Few people will regret buying a PS5 or XSX because they can't play a favorite PC shooter from 2009, but many will like that they can start playing a hot new game within several seconds of hitting the power button, in an experience designed for the living room, at a lower price than it'd take to get a comparable PC (certainly in light of GPU shortages).

I find it fascinating that people are complaining about setting up a PC for couch gaming. You only need 1 gaming machine, plugged into your media system. All your work, etc... can be done remotely via Wake-on-LAN and remote desktop on a thin client. If you prefer the reverse there's Geforce Gamestream and Steam In-home streaming.

I'm sorry why is that hard to setup, exactly?

Its fun to meme but lets be realistic, nobody is buying a 3090 or 6900xt. All of those pictures you see with those cards in peoples systems aren't real.

You joke, but you're not entirely wrong. How many 3090s are in the hands of people gaming on them vs mining only machines? And the 6900 XT really isn't selling. The majority of people have systems roughly on par with the current consoles, at least if the Steam survey is representative enough.

What have we become?! :oldman:

I went to an IT oriented school where everybody was a nerd, and still nobody talked about videogames at parties. All the time otherwise, but not at parties, man.

I didn't read most of the thread but I feel like I needed to chime in with this:

I started replaying Skyrim about a year and a half ago and spent maybe 20 hours on it. At the time I had a bunch of free time because I was stuck somewhere with the military for a few months... I was like what the hell, and I bought The Witcher 3 because I had always wanted to play it.

The Witcher 3 is so much better than Skyrim in every imaginable way that on no plane of existence could I go back to Skyrim. If everything else was exactly the same as Skyrim, the battle system and quest system alone would still completely set it apart.

Elder scrolls games have felt stale to me for a very long time. In a way, when I heard they were going to put Fallout in that engine I was highly disappointed... Fallout 2 was one of my favorite games and I felt like it would ruin them.

The engine just feels antiquated and has for a while.

I find it fascinating that people are complaining about setting up a PC for couch gaming. You only need 1 gaming machine, plugged into your media system. All your work, etc... can be done remotely via Wake-on-LAN and remote desktop on a thin client. If you prefer the reverse there's Geforce Gamestream and Steam In-home streaming.

And all you have to do is know how to set up a thin client or home network game streaming feature. And have a lap-friendly input setup for the living room. And make sure you have a very reliable network connection. And tolerate a little extra latency. And hope no one else wants to use the PC while you're gaming. And be content with whatever games that local streaming supports. And have at least some tolerance for the complexities of gaming on a desktop OS.

Don't get me wrong, features like Steam Link and Gamestream are handy (my brother has used Steam Link for a while), but they depend on certain conditions being met to work properly. I'm half-convinced the people pining for a PC gaming monopoly are singles who see themselves never having kids, because it sure doesn't sound like they've had to share a home with anyone they cared about.

can't you play pc games on an xbox through streaming?
And? The Xbox console is just acting as a stream capture device in that instance. Sony still are not porting their games to Xbox consoles. It would be like streaming Steam games directly to your TV through the Android TV app. Does that mean Sony are porting their games to Android?

All of that is also possible on improperly setup computer monitors just like an improperly setup TV.

Consoles are still about the simplicity. Sure they are much more PC-like than ever, but still maintain a lot of the turn it on and it works. If there’s a system update it’s normally just 1 download then go about the rest of it. On Windows, I just downloaded one the other day. After rebooting had 4 more to download. Then if there’s any other software needing an update well that’s all separate. Drivers as well since Windows doesn’t always have them available. Then if I want games to automatically update, that’s 4+ store-fronts I need to keep running in the background. And that doesn’t include a couple games that I have installed that don’t run through a store-front.

Sure maybe down the line we will see a lot less of an emphasis on consoles. But that would likely be more as a shift toward Games as a Service with Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation Now from Microsoft and Sony. Why bother with designing and selling hardware at a loss or break even when you can have monthly subscriptions and stream the games. Those don’t even need a PC connected to a TV as just about any modern streaming device could support them.

You need to trim some fat on that PC. I've never had to run so many updates on a PC I turn on daily, heck its been a while since I noticed an update/reset as it generally does it overnight then ends up in sleep mode.

PC has all those monthly game subscription services as well.

The gap is gone to all but the most ardent or stubborn, PCs and Consoles both need to update, the games they run both need to update, the only difference at this time is modularity, UI, and broader utility vs. walled garden. To date consoles have never been better than a last gen system (I7-8700k (2017)/2080 with nvme/ssd is faster than a console). Every console release its 'this is the death of the Pc' and 'look what this baby has, it'll smoke everything' and every console release falls short. In the meantime I can just upgrade my PC components if I want faster.

I'd buy a PS5 if one was available only because they still have a smal handful of exclusives. My wife doesn't care to watch me game, and frankly I prefer it that way, I like a self possessed woman that wants to do her own things.

You need to trim some fat on that PC. I've never had to run so many updates on a PC I turn on daily, heck its been a while since I noticed an update/reset as it generally does it overnight then ends up in sleep mode.

Not sure how much more trimmed it could be than I've been running an enterprise version of Windows 10 since the beginning with all only services I need installed and running, and have long turned off all the features that weren't able to be turned off on non-enterprise features. The updating was to 2021H2 and then the security updates walled off behind it. I would never allow Windows to automatically install Windows Updates after all the issues they've had in the past.

And of course PC has those monthly subscriptions and its what I'm talking about. The final decline of the console will only come in the far future when the manufacturers do a full pivot to providing their 1st Party Games through a GaaS subscription. That keeps up their profits while cutting out a lot of the losses and break even of hardware.

The gap is gone to all but the most ardent or stubborn, PCs and Consoles both need to update, the games they run both need to update, the only difference at this time is modularity, UI, and broader utility vs. walled garden. To date consoles have never been better than a last gen system (I7-8700k (2017)/2080 with nvme/ssd is faster than a console). Every console release its 'this is the death of the Pc' and 'look what this baby has, it'll smoke everything' and every console release falls short. In the meantime I can just upgrade my PC components if I want faster.

I'd buy a PS5 if one was available only because they still have a smal handful of exclusives. My wife doesn't care to watch me game, and frankly I prefer it that way, I like a self possessed woman that wants to do her own things.
Eh, I don't think any generation of consoles has represented the death of PC gaming... but there's still a distinction between consoles and PCs, and the value proposition is still in favor of consoles unless you can justify streaming games to an adapter with some lap-ready controls.

My wife only periodically watches me play, but when she does I'd rather eliminate as many barriers as possible to us enjoying the moment. If your spouse would rather do something else, that's great, but at that point why not just retreat to your PC in the office if your spouse isn't using it? I like using TV gaming to get away from computers (the conventional kind, anyway) and have a more social experience, not to just move PC gaming somewhere else.

Not sure how much more trimmed it could be than I've been running an enterprise version of Windows 10 since the beginning with all only services I need installed and running, and have long turned off all the features that weren't able to be turned off on non-enterprise features. The updating was to 2021H2 and then the security updates walled off behind it. I would never allow Windows to automatically install Windows Updates after all the issues they've had in the past.

And of course PC has those monthly subscriptions and its what I'm talking about. The final decline of the console will only come in the far future when the manufacturers do a full pivot to providing their 1st Party Games through a GaaS subscription. That keeps up their profits while cutting out a lot of the losses and break even of hardware.
so you did it to yourself.

so you did it to yourself.

Sure because I do use the PC just like you described above. It’s much more than just a gaming device. But it doesn’t negate the risks or waste of setting it up to function more like a console.

Eh, I don't think any generation of consoles has represented the death of PC gaming... but there's still a distinction between consoles and PCs, and the value proposition is still in favor of consoles unless you can justify streaming games to an adapter with some lap-ready controls.

My wife only periodically watches me play, but when she does I'd rather eliminate as many barriers as possible to us enjoying the moment. If your spouse would rather do something else, that's great, but at that point why not just retreat to your PC in the office if your spouse isn't using it? I like using TV gaming to get away from computers (the conventional kind, anyway) and have a more social experience, not to just move PC gaming somewhere else.
1. You've had your head under a rock, every generation of consoles has been heralded as the death of PC gaming. this latest round was 'the memory is so fast no PC can compete, full worlds streamed on demand, yada yada'.

2. Your clearly stuck in the past on your PC understanding as evidenced across multiple threads. I have mine setup on a tv, play from a sofa using BT controllers (Xbox currently). its literally a flick of a switch to change my pc from monitor to tv. I even have the option of sending it to my living room via HDMI cable and usb bluetooth pickup which is about 25ft from my actual PC.

3. console gaming is fine, the ongoing fight between consoles and PC is amusing and happens like clockwork.

1. You've had your head under a rock, every generation of consoles has been heralded as the death of PC gaming. this latest round was 'the memory is so fast no PC can compete, full worlds streamed on demand, yada yada'.

2. Your clearly stuck in the past on your PC understanding as evidenced across multiple threads. I have mine setup on a tv, play from a sofa using BT controllers (Xbox currently). its literally a flick of a switch to change my pc from monitor to tv. I even have the option of sending it to my living room via HDMI cable and usb bluetooth pickup which is about 25ft from my actual PC.

3. console gaming is fine, the ongoing fight between consoles and PC is amusing and happens like clockwork.
1. I didn't say people never declared the death of PC gaming, just that I didn't think it was in danger of collapse. Even with the PS5/XSX, it's not that their SSDs make them untouchable — it's that it'll take a long time before there are PC games optimized for (let alone requiring) SSDs that fast.

2. No, I understand it pretty well. You're still using a desktop OS. And what about those of us who have offices on another floor or otherwise far away from our TVs?

3. I'm not worried about the fate of console gaming, or of PCs. I'm just amused/baffled by the people screaming "total PC gaming monopoly, kill meaningful choice and competition" at the top of their lungs.

1. I didn't say people never declared the death of PC gaming, just that I didn't think it was in danger of collapse. Even with the PS5/XSX, it's not that their SSDs make them untouchable — it's that it'll take a long time before there are PC games optimized for (let alone requiring) SSDs that fast.

2. No, I understand it pretty well. You're still using a desktop OS. And what about those of us who have offices on another floor or otherwise far away from our TVs?

3. I'm not worried about the fate of console gaming, or of PCs. I'm just amused/baffled by the people screaming "total PC gaming monopoly, kill meaningful choice and competition" at the top of their lungs.

1. it really won't, because by the time anything actually uses the console ssd, PC's will have caught up and be in a passing position.

2. My office is on another floor. Thankfully I'm not lazy and have taught myself carpentry, not that it was hard to drop a wire down.

3. Duke will be duke, but I recall someone deciding that it was Nazi stomping time because of a tongue in cheak PCMR reference, so maybe everyone screams about dumb shit on yhe internet.

You have to run cables across the living room to a PC. Unless you have a separate small form factor one dedicated to the living room cabinet.

You also supported my point: your system only works because you upgrade PCs frequently and can afford to use your old computers as HTPCs regardless of performance, size, noise and other factors. Try telling that to a family that needs the old PC for a kid's schoolwork, among other examples. And there's a hilarious bit of irony: you flash a comic talking about consoles matching an RTX 30 series card's power... but in your method, you're using old hardware the PlayStation and Xbox can match or beat in a more elegant approach. Certainly less expensive in the long run.
Yea you do know that even trying to find an PS5 is impossible without paying over $1k. Either way you're going to pay a lot of money. The difference here is that I can use old PC parts that are cheaper and available that can still play modern games. A PS4 cannot do that.
You don't get all current Xbox games, but never mind that...
No no, what current Xbox games would a PC user miss out on?
you're still going to be missing out on some amazing console-only games, or waiting a while before you get them.
So tell me how exactly does buying a single console not prevent you from missing out on other console exclusives? At the moment a PS5 is screwed out of all Zenimax games, including Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and even Doom. You would need to own Sony's, Microsoft's, and Nintendo's consoles to get access to all games. On PC you'd get access to most for the cost of one machine.
I also wouldn't consider emulators an advantage because, ethical questions aside, the rug could be pulled out at any moment by the creators.
Emulator creators or who exactly we talking about? You do know most emulators are open source right? Forks do often happen if a project gets canceled, and it does happen.
It is nice that you can play old games on a PC, but keep in mind that "technically possible" is not the same as "plays well." Workarounds don't exactly scream "easy to use" to me, either.
If it's an old game and it isn't being ported or REMASTERED then at least you have your options. Skyrim for example still receives unofficial patches to fix bugs by the community.
More importantly, you're sidestepping the point — it's not about quantity alone, it's about how well-suited the experience is for the living room. Few people will regret buying a PS5 or XSX because they can't play a favorite PC shooter from 2009
You do know Demon Souls was made in 2009? People couldn't play it on the PS4 and Sony had shut down the PS3 online play which prompted them to make a PS5 version. You don't think that some people aren't mad that Sony decided to release a PS3 game for $70 instead of just creating backwards compatibility on the PS5?
but many will like that they can start playing a hot new game within several seconds of hitting the power button, in an experience designed for the living room, at a lower price than it'd take to get a comparable PC (certainly in light of GPU shortages).
You are aware that PS5's are nowhere to be found and the ones you do find are over $1k? At least I can find a RTX 3060 on Amazon for nearly $1k, where as right now there's no PS5's for sale. Ebay shows the Digital PS5 for $800 and the full disc PS5 for $1k. It's nearly the same price but even less availability. You are also dismissing the fact that you can just plug in any gamepad and I do mean any gamepad to your PC and get the same experience. Can be a Logitech, Xbox 360, PS4, or even a PS5 gamepad and it'll work. You can even find adapters to plug in old controls for the original 8-bit Nintendo if you so choose to.

You have to run cables across the living room to a PC. Unless you have a separate small form factor one dedicated to the living room cabinet.
That entirely depends on living room setup, and isn't a universal problem. Prior to moving into a house my condo entertainment center had space for a normal size PC.

PCs can have all of the extra polygons, but all of those polygons are still viewed on a subpar gaming monitor. I have played the same games on a PlayStation and PC. The PlayStation looks better on a high end TV than the PC games look, despite the PlayStation 4 Pro having lower fidelity. I haven't compared the same games on a PS5 yet.

PCs can have all of the extra polygons, but all of those polygons are still viewed on a subpar gaming monitor. I have played the same games on a PlayStation and PC. The PlayStation looks better on a high end TV than the PC games look, despite the PlayStation 4 Pro having lower fidelity. I haven't compared the same games on a PS5 yet.
You do understand the monitor or tv is neither the PC or the console... right?? I am laughing at that line of reasoning.

Also I haven't had the greatest of luck with lcd TV's in fact their 100% underwhelming inspite of buying the best rated/reviewed over the years, and I don't want to pony up 5k for a proper large, high end OLED. I still rock the last of the Panasonic 65' Viera for pitch perfect colors and contrast.

Yea you do know that even trying to find an PS5 is impossible without paying over $1k. Either way you're going to pay a lot of money. The difference here is that I can use old PC parts that are cheaper and available that can still play modern games. A PS4 cannot do that.

No no, what current Xbox games would a PC user miss out on?

So tell me how exactly does buying a single console not prevent you from missing out on other console exclusives? At the moment a PS5 is screwed out of all Zenimax games, including Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and even Doom. You would need to own Sony's, Microsoft's, and Nintendo's consoles to get access to all games. On PC you'd get access to most for the cost of one machine.

Emulator creators or who exactly we talking about? You do know most emulators are open source right? Forks do often happen if a project gets canceled, and it does happen.

If it's an old game and it isn't being ported or REMASTERED then at least you have your options. Skyrim for example still receives unofficial patches to fix bugs by the community.

You do know Demon Souls was made in 2009? People couldn't play it on the PS4 and Sony had shut down the PS3 online play which prompted them to make a PS5 version. You don't think that some people aren't mad that Sony decided to release a PS3 game for $70 instead of just creating backwards compatibility on the PS5?

You are aware that PS5's are nowhere to be found and the ones you do find are over $1k? At least I can find a RTX 3060 on Amazon for nearly $1k, where as right now there's no PS5's for sale. Ebay shows the Digital PS5 for $800 and the full disc PS5 for $1k. It's nearly the same price but even less availability. You are also dismissing the fact that you can just plug in any gamepad and I do mean any gamepad to your PC and get the same experience. Can be a Logitech, Xbox 360, PS4, or even a PS5 gamepad and it'll work. You can even find adapters to plug in old controls for the original 8-bit Nintendo if you so choose to.
PS5s have been getting much easier to buy. I bought one a little while ago, and recently passed on several opportunities to buy another because I don't know anyone looking for one.

Back