EK-WB "Ryzen Week" Supremacy Evo on Sale $51-67

Nobu

[H]F Junkie
Get'em while they're hot! ;)

Prices from $51 to $67-ish.
Edit: ordered mine on the 3rd, still no shipping notification (as of 3/8/17), so they must be going through a bit of volume. When I ordered my EK-Revo pump top a while back, it shipped out the next day.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out if I've already got an AMD compatible block (their starter kits have lots of parts to change out for AMD/Intel configs) what exactly do I need to change out? I don't think I should need a whole new block...

I'm trying to figure out if I've already got an AMD compatible block (their starter kits have lots of parts to change out for AMD/Intel configs) what exactly do I need to change out? I don't think I should need a whole new block...
Pretty sure the block is the same between intel and amd, just the mounting plate and maybe hardware are different (on amd sockets they use the stock backplate). Both mounting plate and hardware are on the site, but I'd email support. You might be able to get it for the cost of shipping since you can have it included with the intel kit for free.

Pretty sure the block is the same between intel and amd, just the mounting plate and maybe hardware are different (on amd sockets they use the stock backplate). Both mounting plate and hardware are on the site, but I'd email support. You might be able to get it for the cost of shipping since you can have it included with the intel kit for free.

I suspected - I'm guessing the jet plate is pretty much the only thing I *might* have to change, but they don't do a good job of indicating that, which is annoying...

Someone commented on one of EK's Facebook posts about getting the hardware (they had an AM3 kit), and EK responded to email them and they'll send one out for free, so you should definitely consider emailing them if you already have a kit and just need the hardware.

They come with different jets plates (i.e., either version comes with a variety of plates) but the AMD vs. Intel difference is the plate that is sandwiched between the top and bottom half of the block. You'd need to buy this https://www.ekwb.com/shop/mounting-plate-supremacy-intel-nickel to convert it.

I think you are confused - you linked to an Intel plate (which I already have, it comes standard with all their AiO kits, plus parts to do AMD up through AM3+ CPUS). As mentioned above, the AMD mounting plate is supposedly different, but the one that came with my AM3+ compatible block looks exactly like the AM4 ones described here on their blog. This has nothing to do with the jet plate that I'm referring to. Their page for supposedly purchasing jetplates doesn't have anything in it, and nowhere anywhere I've seen explicitly indicated which of the 3 plates works. I contacted them via FB PM, and they said "The AMD setup would be the most suitable for the Ryzen CPUs." A bit vague. I'm using J2 in my AM3 setup, as their charts indicate, so I guess I would just pop in the new motherboard and be good...?

Attachments

• EK_response.PNG
    EK_response.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 26
I think you are confused - you linked to an Intel plate (which I already have, it comes standard with all their AiO kits, plus parts to do AMD up through AM3+ CPUS). As mentioned above, the AMD mounting plate is supposedly different, but the one that came with my AM3+ compatible block looks exactly like the AM4 ones described here on their blog. This has nothing to do with the jet plate that I'm referring to. Their page for supposedly purchasing jetplates doesn't have anything in it, and nowhere anywhere I've seen explicitly indicated which of the 3 plates works. I contacted them via FB PM, and they said "The AMD setup would be the most suitable for the Ryzen CPUs." A bit vague. I'm using J2 in my AM3 setup, as their charts indicate, so I guess I would just pop in the new motherboard and be good...?
Yeah, I'm definitely confused as to what you're asking, but I also wasn't responding to your question even though my post was after yours. I was clarifying for those who were thinking of buying this kit what they'd need to buy in addition to convert it to an Intel application. You didn't say what you wanted to use it for and you don't have your configuration in your signature, so I wasn't making a recommendation for you personally although I guess it could have been interpreted that way even though I didn't quote your question in my response.

Back