EA Digital Sale on Origin/Amazon - Fallen Order ($30), ME: Andromedia ($4), BF V ($12), BF 1 ($3), Titanfall 2 ($3), More...

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Origin is having a sale right now. Amazon has matched on most of their digital codes if you prefer shopping there. Most games have their respective deluxe editions discounted via Origin aswell. They also have AC Odyssey on sale for $20.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - $30 - This is also $30 at Humble Bundle, and is eligible for the 10% discount if you are a choice subscriber, making the game $26.39, which is a superb price.
Need for Speed: Heat - $30
Madden 20 - $13.80
Battlefield V - $12
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - $10
Mass Effect Trilogy - $9
Anthem - $9
Dead Space - $8
Star Wars Battlefront II - $7.50 - Cheaper directly through Origin ($5.74).
Sims 4 - $5
Mass Effect: Andromedia - $4
Battlefield 1 - $3
Battlefield 4 - $3
Titanfall 2 - $3
Dragon Age: Inquisition - $3
Burnout Paradise Remastered - $3

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is ME: Andromeda worth $4?

I guess the bigger question.

Is it worth my TIME to attempt ME: Andromeda?

(Note: Titanfall 2 single player is ABSOLUTELY worth your time. It's short, and there's a mission mid-game that is one of my favorite FPS sequences ever.)

(Note: Titanfall 2 single player is ABSOLUTELY worth your time. It's short, and there's a mission mid-game that is one of my favorite FPS sequences ever.)

Absolutely. I paid somewhere around $50 for it and was not disappointed. I got right around 100 hours out of it. The game got massively shit on because the facial animations weren't up to snuff. While they were worthy of criticism, it was blown way out of proportion and every other aspect of the game was undeservedly ripped to shreds over it. There were many complaints about bugs, but I don't recall anything significant other than performance that wasn't on par with other Frostbite titles. Any technical issues have since been fixed. The gameplay is tight, combat is fun, and the Bioware RPG staples are all there. The story is sub-par compared to previous Mass Effect games, but I'd still call it better than a lot of other games out there.

At $4 you don't have much to loose. If you're a fan of the series, or just a fan of third person shooters, it's worth well more than $4 IMO.

Last edited:
God Origin's new layout is total trash with them trying to force you to join the paid service. Can't even get freakin game descriptions all they want to do is show their crap service against just buying things. Yet people want to bitch about Epic which actually will show what your buying and the different editions in detail.

It's easily worth $4. The game has A LOT of problems, but the gameplay is still solid and the worlds are fun to explore. Just don't think too much about the story or expect to get overly invested in any of the characters.

I wish Mass Effect Trilogy included all the DLC.

A decade later and EA is still gouging for all that ME DLC. Although they did relax the Cerberus Network points thingy and let you buy the DLC through the store.

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.

I might be in for the Battlefield games. That's some amazing discounts! Mass Effect Andromeda is a steal and so is Dead Space. I know it's old but if you haven't played it, you're missing out! Game came out in 2008 and it's STILL worth $60 if you ask me.

I might pick up Burnout Paradise Remastered. If only so I don't have to skip-over "log in to the now-dead EA servers" every time that fucking game loads.

Better graphics would be a bonus!

I'm tempted by Andromeda, but I got tied of the gun play in Mass Effect 1, and haven't been back.

I already own Titanfall 2 and Jedi (both good Parkour simulators). Nothing else here is worth picking up.

Last edited:
I might pick up Burnout Paradise Remastered. If only so I don't have to skip-over "log in to the now-dead EA servers" every time that fucking game loads.

Better graphics would be a bonus!

I'm tempted by Andromeda, but I got tied of the gun play in Mass Effect 1, and haven't been back.

I already own Titanfall 2 and Jedi (both good Parkour simulators). Nothing else here is worth picking up.

The gun play is massively different in Andromeda than ME1. You also didn't play 2 and 3? Those too heavily refined the shooting. I've replayed them all several times, and ME1 is a bit of a chore. You put up with it for the story, but the gameplay is severely lacking.

For real, consider picking up the ME trilogy and play 2 and 3. There is a lot of fun to be had there, and those games held up a lot better than the first.

Might as well go for BF4 Premium for $20. Huge amount of online content.
Servers are still going strong too.

Lot of good deals here. I may just on Andromeda as well. Picked it up for $60 on ps4 during release and maybe got 15% through due to playing other games at the time.

I picked up Titanfall 2 several months ago for like 5 bucks and noticed the servers are completely dead. Waited many minutes for a match and nothing happened.

The gun play is massively different in Andromeda than ME1. You also didn't play 2 and 3? Those too heavily refined the shooting. I've replayed them all several times, and ME1 is a bit of a chore. You put up with it for the story, but the gameplay is severely lacking.

For real, consider picking up the ME trilogy and play 2 and 3. There is a lot of fun to be had there, and those games held up a lot better than the first.

I also hate third-person shooters (as a general rule), even if the gunpay is accurate. I might check-out one of the first-person mod.

Also, Titanfall 2 is barely worth the 5 bucks. The pure mech gameplay they introduce in Chapter 2 is just clunky (compared to the first chapter). It really takes the air out of the tires.

They made a human-only multiplayer game (which you can't play anymore), but they forgot to make a human-only single-player campaign!

Really, Borderlands 3 Mech girl fixed a lot of the game-play issues of Titanfal 2(and it has almost all the same important Parkour moves: climb, slide).

Last edited:

HUGE ME fan here. Andromeda was kind of a mess. I’d only recommend putting time in it if you were a huge fan of the original.

Maaaan. I want to get BF4 so bad. I love that game. Have been unable to play since May-June last year because PB false positive ban.
EV and EA don't give a crap!

Seems like the BF1: Revolution and Titanfall 2: Ultimate combo for $5.99 is a steal (DLC included? I'm not sure how to read their product lineups).

Absolutely. I paid somewhere around $50 for it and was not disappointed. I got right around 100 hours out of it. The game got massively shit on because the facial animations weren't up to snuff. While they were worthy of criticism, it was blown way out of proportion and every other aspect of the game was undeservedly ripped to shreds over it. There were many complaints about bugs, but I don't recall anything significant other than performance that wasn't on par with other Frostbite titles. Any technical issues have since been fixed. The gameplay is tight, combat is fun, and the Bioware RPG staples are all there. The story is sub-par compared to previous Mass Effect games, but I'd still call it better than a lot of other games out there.

At $4 you don't have much to loose. If you're a fan of the series, or just a fan of third person shooters, it's worth well more than $4 IMO.

Finally someone else like me who appreciated Andromeda for what it was worth. I bought it at launch and was not disappointed. In fact I loved Andromeda... the whole idea of searching for new worlds and being an explorer. Only thing they could have completely done away with were the Sudoku puzzles you had to complete to power up those towers... like really? Added nothing to the game and only proved to frustrate me beyond belief b.c I suck at Sudoku. Ended up just finding the solutions to all of them online. As far as the animations... that didn't appear weird to me at all... or if it wasn't so bad for me to notice it enough to distract me from the dialogue.

I played all the Mass Effect games and picked up Andromeda for similar money a year or so ago, and I was taken aback by how not that bad it was. I genuinely enjoyed it and would have liked some single player DLC. I would liken it to base/foundation of a great game -- they just didn't have the time/resources to get there.

This write up mostly sums it up for me: https://kotaku.com/mass-effect-andromeda-works-much-better-as-a-managemen-1821929025

Also totally agree on Titanfall 2 -- some of the most fun I've had in a shooter in years.

Decided to grab ME:A as I haven't played it an have a system which can play it now. Also purchased ME3 and the DLC bundle since the bundle was by far the cheapest I've seen it. I've played through ME3 but definitely wanted to go through the DLC and it's finally at a reasonable price, the price it should be normally. EA is a bag of dicks when it comes to the pricing of old DLC.

Thanks, grabbed Andromeda Deluxe for $4.49

I played Titanfall 2 when it was free weekend or something, it was pretty good, it's short and sweet. Not remarkable enough for a second play through. price was right.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got excited, for $30 I was thinking on it, then I saw €40, and GTFOOO

I thought I saw on reddit that overseas folk can make an account on the US Amazon site, buy the game, and activate the key on Origin as normal. Is that not the case?

Andromeda at launch had some serious tech, animation, and textures issues, which they largely fixed in a reasonably quick fashion. I have rerun ME2 and ME3 several times, I played Andromeda 2-3 times I think? Some of the gameplay elements were cool, I generally liked the environments, but there was a blandness to it. Or maybe it was my expectations coming off ME2/3, despite 3's ending (Citadel is my canon ending for ME3, best DLC and I have zero regrets having paid full price for it because it was silly fun). Even at $20 I'd say get Andromeda, for $4 though? why not? You have to give up pretty quickly and utterly hate ME:A to not find $4 worth of entertainment in it. My rule for PC game purchases is "As long as my $/hr of entertainment stays under 1" so a $60 game better give me at least 60 hours of entertainment.

I wanted ME:A's multiplayer to be better as well, but the changes to powers and gunplay significantly increased the difficulty at low levels to where it wasn't fun to work through the ranks like ME3 MP was.

Never played BFV , any recomendation. Play the hell out bf1 and it was fun.

I thought I saw on reddit that overseas folk can make an account on the US Amazon site, buy the game, and activate the key on Origin as normal. Is that not the case?
Maybe, IDK, I'm not going to jump trough hoops just to give them my money. Now I'm disheartened and probably will wait until it drops bellow $20.

Does anyone know when the sale ends?

Maybe, IDK, I'm not going to jump trough hoops just to give them my money. Now I'm disheartened and probably will wait until it drops bellow $20.

Check Origin, price should be the same but not sure what they'll charge locally for you but it might be cheaper than Amazon.

Thanks picked up all 4 Mass Effect titles, Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 for about $20

Thanks, picked up ME: Andromeda for $4 sweet. Its the only Mass Effect game i haven't played yet.

God Origin's new layout is total trash with them trying to force you to join the paid service. Can't even get freakin game descriptions all they want to do is show their crap service against just buying things. Yet people want to bitch about Epic which actually will show what your buying and the different editions in detail.

Yeah origin is atrocious. I won't give any money to EA as they continue to castrate Apex with trash 12 tick servers.

It's worth $4, but it's the worst game of the series so far. Worth your time? I'd give it a pass since the story and gameplay was subpar.

In for BF1 and TF2. Not bad for 6$

I am about to pull the trigger on that same Amazon deal. BF1 Revolution plus Titanfall 2 Ultimate for $6 seems like a great deal and is $2.99 less than Origin.

I've tried it with Titanfall2, it worked, but it was a hassle. Besides I'm pretty sure this is even less legal than simply torrenting the game.

Back