DVD Burner decision

Best DVD Burner:

• Total voters

Rev. Night

[H]ard|Gawd
i am looking for a good/great CD/DVD +/- RW. I am thinking about a good 8x dual layer one. After some research, it is down to the NEC 2510A and the Lite On 832S. The difference being being about $20 in price. Since my parents are getting this for me, the small price difference is meaningless. Or is there another dvd burner that is better?

SO, the question is, which is better? I judge betterness on reliablity, speed, firmware support, and durablity.

two people would not exactly constitute a great sample size.

is there a big difference between the two, or am i just splitting hairs

Rev. Night said:
two people would not exactly constitute a great sample size.

is there a big difference between the two, or am i just splitting hairs
yeah, I know, just messing with you

both of them are good drives, but the guys over at cd freaks like the NEC so I'd probably go with it

ok, so right now, i am thinking of buyinf the LG GSA-4120B instead. its a 12x speed one, and THG said it was better then the lite on (of which I hear both that it is and is not better then the NEC)

Rev. Night said:
ok, so right now, i am thinking of buyinf the LG GSA-4120B instead. its a 12x speed one, and THG said it was better then the lite on (of which I hear both that it is and is not better then the NEC)

You know better than to listen to THG...
Check out www.cdrlabs.com , they have a review of the Sony DRU700(same drive as the Lite-On 832S) and the LG 4120B too. The NEC2510.. no reviews of it out right now, but it is very good as well. If you need DVD-RAM go with the LG, else go with the NEC.

There have been a lot of questions over the years about old t0m and his honesty. A quick web search will tell you that Kyle and t0m aren't 'friendly' at all. THG likes to bow down to advertising dollars rather than giving a fair and comprehensive review, I wouldn't trust them in the least.

Back