Dune: Spice Wars

That gameplay video doesn't show a whole lot but it doesn't look very fun to me.

It looks like they just rushed out a generic strategy game with a Dune theme slapped over the top. Your stereotypical movie to game cashout.

I was hoping for something more like the old RTS games.

Yeah, it looks more like those turn based strategy games that I always hated. Tiny settlements and bases with giant units.

Introducing: The Fremen and official Early Access release date
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1605220/view/3226274327488059663

Shiro Games and Funcom are proud to announce the final launch faction AND that Dune: Spice Wars has an official Early Access Release Date, with players being able to step foot upon the Dunes of Arrakis starting April 26th!

As we move into the final QA phase, the game already feels incredible to play and we're super proud of what we have achieved!

These last few months, sharing details about the game with you all, hearing your theories and seeing the anticipation building within the community has been a tremendous experience, and we can't wait to hear what you all think of the game.

My first PC game ever.

I still dosbox it now and then. and I use the original manual to progress through the campaign.
User name checks out.

I played Emperor quite a bit when it was released. Looking forward to this one.

Seeing the JP review, I feel like it's more like RTS Civ than C&C. Are you liking it? I think the way the different factions are very different in abilities sounds really interesting.

Seeing the JP review, I feel like it's more like RTS Civ than C&C. Are you liking it? I think the way the different factions are very different in abilities sounds really interesting.
I have not played, but I am watching with interest. I don't buy games when they are in early access.

Worth trying if you have game pass and like rts/4x hybrids. I don't think it is my cup of tea and kind of regret buying it. At least there seem to be steady updates for it this year.

Back