dumb question? how stripped is h510 vs b560?

Kdawg

[H]ard|Gawd
does h510 support sustained turbo boost through tdp modification?

how else is h510 gimped?

Only two memory slots on the boards I have seen so far. You also only get six chipset PCIe lanes.

man. intel boards are much more expensive than 450 550 amd boards.

really kills the value.

man. intel boards are much more expensive than 450 550 amd boards.

really kills the value.
If you account for the price of the motherboards, the AMD offerings are really a better value. I mean they were anyway but the motherboard price really solidifies this.

so no word whether h510 boards can bypass turbo boost restrictions?

i'm not planning to overclock shit

Intel does not put restrictions on board makers, for turbo limits. If an H510 doesnt support it, it was a choice by that boardmaker. Likely due to realistic limits for the VRMs.

is there a particular reason you want an H510 instead of B560?

There are some pretty low cost B560 boards out there.

If you account for the price of the motherboards, the AMD offerings are really a better value. I mean they were anyway but the motherboard price really solidifies this.

I disagree. The ceiling is a little lower on the AMD side, but on the upper end of the spectrum, they are equally expensive. There are X570 motherboards that are well beyond $700.

I disagree. The ceiling is a little lower on the AMD side, but on the upper end of the spectrum, they are equally expensive. There are X570 motherboards that are well beyond $700.
I was referencing his choice of low end motherboards. Yes there are some very high end outliers in price if you want the top dollar boards. In the budget realm AMD holds the crown when you consider the amount of features you get for the price.

so no word whether h510 boards can bypass turbo boost restrictions?

i'm not planning to overclock shit
This video was just posted, about Asrock's H510 ITX mobo.

This guy could use an editor, his specific wording can be confusing at times. But, if you look at the graphs, he posted stock 65w turbo numbers for an 11400f, as well numbers with the turbo settings tweaked. However, he didn't show the bios settings for the turbo and power settings. I don't know if this board allows true unlimited turbo, or just increasing the turbo time.

Back