Dragon's Crown "Pro"

BiH115

Gif Guy
Didn't see a thread for this, figured I'd draw some attention to it. Atlus is re-releasing Dragon's Crown (this April) with a couple notable additions. This game was great on PS3/Vita, definitely a great pick-up if you're into Ray Man style games with RPG elements. 4K res and new sountrack are definitely welcome.

Info:
  • With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together
  • With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware's signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland
  • newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon's Crown
  • Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish
  • There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. All patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's one of those games I always meant to buy and just forgot about. I'm in.
Same. The game reminds me of the old arcade ARPG games that brought random people and friends alike together. Already have it preordered.

This is a fantastic beat-em-up with a gorgeous Vanillaware art style! I'm glad to see it is being updated, but I don';t know if a full $50 title is worthwhile for a remaster that is graphical/audio in nature without any new content, so many years after the original.

They could make a nice chunk of change if they released Dragon's Crown (Pro) on PC (and possibly other consoles such as Switch) and priced it reasonably.

I've actually been playing this lately on my Vita. Still an excellent game and I would love to have it on PS4 as well. The cross-play and cross-save seal the deal.

Didn't see a thread for this, figured I'd draw some attention to it. Atlus is re-releasing Dragon's Crown (this April) with a couple notable additions. This game was great on PS3/Vita, definitely a great pick-up if you're into Ray Man style games with RPG elements. 4K res and new sountrack are definitely welcome.

Info:
  • With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together
  • With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware's signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland
  • newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon's Crown
  • Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish
  • There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. All patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included.

Not gonna lie between this and monster hunter world it's almost like the ps4 is starting to become worthwhile.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not gonna lie between this and monster hunter world it's almost like the ps4 is starting to become worthwhile.

You've got to be joking me lol. There are far more games to make the PS4 worthwhile.

Do share fam.

Depending on what you like of course, but Horizon Zero Dawn, Gran Turismo Series, Uncharted Series, Last of Us (sequel coming) Bloodbourne, God of War series (new one coming soon), Last Guardian, the Yakuza Series.

Shadow of the Colossus coming up soon, as well as Death Stranding, Spider Man...

Get all of them, immediately.

Last edited:
So I started looking at ps4's and pro vs regular etc. It says that the pro version can't even keep 60fps at 1080p? Am I going to get one turn it on and then say "WTF is this shit?" or is the frame rate not bad?

So I started looking at ps4's and pro vs regular etc. It says that the pro version can't even keep 60fps at 1080p? Am I going to get one turn it on and then say "WTF is this shit?" or is the frame rate not bad?

Depends on the game. Generally, games will run and look better on the Pro, but no, you won't be getting 60 fps at 1080p on EVERY game. For the most part (recent titles), you can expect 50-60fps at 1080p. I wouldn't really bother with the Pro unless: A. You really don't mind paying more for performance and/or you also have a 4K/HDR capable TV. I think it's more of an either or option for most people, as I know that most people in my circle want the 4K/HDR capability, but a few of people want higher fps in most games too.

One of those Vanilla soft games everything is hand draw digitally but still seems floaty still still haven't mastered Grim Grimoire.

Is this playable single player, or do I need other people to be able to progress?

Is this playable single player, or do I need other people to be able to progress?

It's playable single player. You can't even play multiplayer until you reach a specific point.

The best way to describe the game is it's a lot of Golden Axe and D&D arcade.

I have to say though, I love the visuals. The art style is fantastic, and if only more games decided to look half as good.

Back