Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

GhostCow

Limp Gawd
I'm surprised this game didn't already have a thread. Am I the only fan here? I've only played a few minutes so far but the combat seems like it really sucks compared to Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Hopefully it improves as you level up.

I liked all the Budokai games and most of the GBA DBZ games, but this looks bad. I feel like if you're going to do this type of game then you either can do a XenoVerse and let the story get weird while letting the gameplay slip a little, or stick to the original sotry but make it interesting. This looks like they did the worst of both worlds.

Pretty much but at least they made the people who wanted a new Legacy of Goku happy for the most part. I'm at the part where you fight Raditz right now. It's hard as fuck. Not because the fight is hard but because the combat sucks. I keep hitting the wrong buttons and trying to play it like it's Xenoverse or Jump Force.

I was initially excited for this, but it looks like they made a dumbed down version of Xenoverse for some reason instead of building upon it and making it an actual ARPG. Extremely disappointing.

I've made it a bit farther now. At the part where Piccolo is training Gohan. The game is actually a ton of fun. Except for the combat. The combat still sucks. Hopefully they'll work on Xenoverse 3 next and make it for the next gen consoles.

I've made it a bit farther now. At the part where Piccolo is training Gohan. The game is actually a ton of fun. Except for the combat. The combat still sucks. Hopefully they'll work on Xenoverse 3 next and make it for the next gen consoles.

Xenoverse is made by Dimps, this is from CyberConnect2. CC2's combat systems are always lacking in places. I think I kind of like this more than Xenoverse though, since this leans more on being an ARPG I can forgive some combat weakness. Xenoverse, on the other hand, is just a bad fighting game with RPG mechanics.

Xenoverse is made by Dimps, this is from CyberConnect2. CC2's combat systems are always lacking in places. I think I kind of like this more than Xenoverse though, since this leans more on being an ARPG I can forgive some combat weakness. Xenoverse, on the other hand, is just a bad fighting game with RPG mechanics.

I feel stupid for not realizing this with the CC2 logo right there in the game's startup logos. Strange though how I kept hearing that this game is the reason we didn't get Xenoverse 3 after it was all but confirmed in 2017

I feel stupid for not realizing this with the CC2 logo right there in the game's startup logos. Strange though how I kept hearing that this game is the reason we didn't get Xenoverse 3 after it was all but confirmed in 2017

Not sure I'd believe that this is the reason Xenoverse 3 hasn't happened yet. They just released the Ultra Pack 2 DLC pack for Xenoverse 2 in December. That is probably the real reason they haven't done 3 yet, why make a new game when they can just keep milking the old one?

Wow, I can't believe they are still releasing DLC for that game. The last one I bought was DLC pack 2 in February of 2018. I mostly played this game for the story and coop so all the extra characters in the DLC packs isn't appealing to me. Looks like plenty of people are buying though if they're still going.

Just found this computer in Bulma's house and it made me laugh
cimllf.png

really enjoying this game thus far. best DBZ game to date. i enjoy the combat as well for what it's worth. it's simple to learn, harder to master. you certainly cant button mash to win. at least it's not a snooze fest ez mode combat game.

Combat has gotten a lot easier. I think Raditz was just hard because I was underleveled (I hate grinding). Combat does seem kind of simple though. So far just mashing attack until you get a stun or knockback then hitting with a beam over and over seems to work for the most part. Bosses might require a little dodging but it's nothing complicated.

Honestly, I’m having a ton of fun with it. It’s a great recreation of the Z saga. Sure, the side quests are pretty bland, but the nostalgia and the ability to fight all the baddies is what keeps me coming back. The combat is simple for the most part, but you can cancel in and out of combos with some practice and once mastered, the visual presentation is fantastic. Warping around with a combination of melee and ki attacks, then ultimately decimating a foe is a great feeling.

Combat has gotten a lot easier. I think Raditz was just hard because I was underleveled (I hate grinding). Combat does seem kind of simple though. So far just mashing attack until you get a stun or knockback then hitting with a beam over and over seems to work for the most part. Bosses might require a little dodging but it's nothing complicated.

I agree. I just finished the Cell saga and by this point, the combination of being slightly overleveled from doing a lot of side stuff and random enemy fights plus having access to a wider variety of moves and transformation, the combat is still FUN but less challenging. That plus the fact that once you start getting good healing items it's impossible to actually die because you can spam them to your hearts content. I think they should have made cooldown timers.

Despite this, I still enjoy the game because besides just loving DBZ and the nostalgia from my childhood I've gotten good enough at the combat and reading the tells that I really haven't had to use any healing items in a while minus some of the training ground content because you can access things WAY above your level. The only time I get mad now is if I don't get an 'S' rating in a fight, but I don't start over because of it - although I think a "Retry fight" option would be a nice addition rather than having to reload the game in case you DID want to do this. Right now you can only hit Retry if you actually die. The AI is funny too because if you just stand still and do nothing waiting to be killed, it get's really dumb and also stands around and does nothing, you're giving it nothing to anticipate.

I usually 100% hate fighting games but this game is a gem comparatively. It definitely has the best combat in a fighting game that I've ever played. I hate being limited on a screen to where I can go in a fight or having a fixed camera, etc. The DLC will keep this game installed on my system for a good while, I definitely want to play whatever else they put out.

Back