doom3- if you want to fix the 'clicky' footstep thing

doh-nut

Supreme [H]ardness
i got severely annoyed by this and searched for the cause.

its in pak003, in sound\ed\player\steps

these are the footstep sounds.

step10 is the clicky one. just kill it and then copy another one and rename it to 10 or get a fart noise and rename it to step10, whichever you prefer. that clicking seriously was driving me nuts, not sure how ID couldn't have seen that it would be annoying.

You would lose sound for footsteps then, wouldn't you? Or is that one the problem one only?

Deadlierchair said:
You would lose sound for footsteps then, wouldn't you? Or is that one the problem one only?

just that one. there are like 11 other footstep .ogg files that the game can randomly play..

i got severely annoyed by this and searched for the cause.

its in pak003, in sound\ed\player\steps

these are the footstep sounds.

step10 is the clicky one. just kill it and then copy another one and rename it to 10 or get a fart noise and rename it to step10, whichever you prefer. that clicking seriously was driving me nuts, not sure how ID couldn't have seen that it would be annoying.
Dude you saved me. I'm playing for the first time, and this clicking step was driving me crazy.

Yes. Is there a problem?
Not for me, I appreciated the laugh. It is against the rules though.

(28) Thread NECRO-ING is not allowed unless specific to the old thread and necessary. Mods will determine what is necro-ing and what is not.

But it was funny enough in this instance that the forum owner blessed off on you and un-banned the OP to see if they'll respond after 16 years, lol.

Back