Don't like firefox 12

Seems much buggier than just about any previous version I can recall. Websites often load at the middle of a page and you have to scroll up to the top. I've never seen a browser do that before. Scrolling bars are buggy at times.

Spare me all the chrome praise.

Not a single problem here (3 computers at home, 6 at office), perhaps try a clean firefox reinstall?

Yeah no problems here either. Might not have installed right or something.

I've switched any computer I manage with Mozilla products over to the ESR's. They can shove their rapid release schedule as far as I'm concerned.

FF12 is primarily a framework version for changes coming in 13. You can stay on 11 until 13.

Disable smooth scrolling, which was enabled by default in 12. that's usually is caused by a driver problem.

No issues observed after upgrading FF on my machines, the slowest machine being a Dell Mini9 netbook.

Try Firefox Aurora, it's surprisingly stable and quick, made me switch back from Chrome (miss the Tree Style Tabs).

Disable smooth scrolling, which was enabled by default in 12. that's usually is caused by a driver problem.

No it is not enabled by default, perhaps you had it already enabled from a previous build?

The Firefox 13 beta is running great here. Seems more responsive than 12. I don't care for the new release schedule either. As an admin is causes me a lot more work.

The thing that always stops me using Beta/Aurora is broken extensions - even when forcing compatibility many extensions will refuse to install or work.

No it is not enabled by default, perhaps you had it already enabled from a previous build?
I think he's talking about Hardware Acceleration, which is now enabled on new installations. If you have previously disabled it then it will still be disabled.

On 7 (and also guessing Vista), Hardware Acceleration is causing me a 'clunky' scrolling feeling. I have disabled it and found it to fix my scrolling. On an XP machine I run, Hardware Acceleration does not cause me any problems.

The problem I'm seeing is if I scroll down to the bottom of some web sites and leave the site it continues to load at the bottom of the page upon subsequent visits. It starts to load at the top, but after it completes loading the entire page it jumps to the bottom of the page. I have to manually scroll to the top on return visits. It doesn't happen on all sites, but some.

Adjusting the options mentioned in this thread make no difference. No add ons used on this pc.

Last edited:
I've been on the beta channel for FF for at least the past year, and I have to say that I haven't really noticed any problems or slowdowns in FF12 (on FF13 beta currently...)

To give an idea of my usage, I have two windows open (on two monitors) at any given time. Currently I have 14 tabs open on one and 22 tabs open on the other. I'd like to think that I'm stressing it out at least decently. I'd probably cut down on some of my open tabs if there was an Add-on like Taboo still in existence. Still highly annoyed that the creator never got past FF 2 (or was it 3.5? I can never remember this stuff.)

I also use several add-ons regularly. Tabmix+ being the big one, also Ghostery, DownThemAll!, Adblock Plus, and Flashblock. I will note however that Firefox does take a decently long time to close. Probably because it has to save all those tabs for restart up. Starting it however is instantaneous. I don't mind having to wait for it to close as much as waiting for it to open, so I suppose it works out for me.

Last edited:
Back