Does the [H] team have interest in being whitelisted for Gridcoin earning?

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
Mods, please do not move this thread. It is to get a feel for what the DC team would like to do rather than a discussion on crypto/mining in general. Any such discussion should be directed to the mining subsection.

Team, Gridcoin is currently testing the option of allowing other teams to earn GRC without switching teams. However, they may require people to give feedback during this testing period. I did not want to ask them to add us if there were only a couple people interested. Either way, they will be opening it to all teams when they have their next mandatory update. I do not have an ETA on when that will be yet. As a team captain, I wanted to have a feel for what the team wanted for the time being so that we had true representation of interest.

I am interested! however you look at it you can use things like this to offset / finance new gear or pay off some of your hydro costs. Not expecting huge returns but adds another layer that could be fun.

jringo_Today at 6:47 AM
so we'll go ahead and whitelist your team and yall can get started earning some GRC. I'll compile some tutorials for you, but I would be very interested in hearing feedback and questions from folks as they get started from a 0 knowledgebase. I'm happy to sign up to the forums and reply to a thread of questions as people have them.

So, please make sure to post any question or concern in the mining sub section of the forums for anything related to setting up or using the Gridcoin platform.

I think i have everything setup. Just need to wait a while and see how everything syncs and that i am actually earning. I went the GRCPOOL route as it sounds like otherwise you need 5000GRC to stake which might be challenging unless you buy it.
Sounds like you can solo mine later down the road if you want as well.

From jringo

so we've run into a problem wrt your team name and the "|" symbol. There's some magic done that uses that symbol elsewhere. We're working on a fix, but until then we can't whitelist your team

It appears that they don't need any more testing in testnet, so it shouldn't be much longer until we can start earning GRC. Meanwhile, interested parties may want to go ahead and set up Obyte and BiblePay as they allow you to also earn for WCG work only and you don't have to switch teams. I have a few How-to's in the mining section here - https://hardforum.com/threads/mining-cryptocurrency-guides.1953299/post-1043455720 I do have videos in those how-to's to assist in the process. Please subscribe to my channel as well as share and like the videos.

I think i have everything setup. Just need to wait a while and see how everything syncs and that i am actually earning. I went the GRCPOOL route as it sounds like otherwise you need 5000GRC to stake which might be challenging unless you buy it.
Sounds like you can solo mine later down the road if you want as well.

As of today 5000 GRC will only cost you $10.45.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we got the [H]ard|OCP name white listed. We do not yet have HardOCP whitelisted (which should only affect our WCG team). So, if anyone is interested in setting up a wallet to start earning, I have a thread in the mining sub sections with a couple of videos walking you through the process. Make sure you use the hotfix version of the wallet as it is necessary for the whitelisted teams until the Fern (mandatory) update is released at a later date.

https://hardforum.com/threads/how-t...e-rewards-from-distributed-computing.1994436/

If you have questions about setting it up or any of the process, please ask in that thread so that it is appropriate. I also have instructions on how to earn Obyte and BiblePay through running WCG work in the mining subsection as well.

A follow up question, did we get HardOCP whitelisted impacting WCG? I know we have the Thor challenge coming up.

Unfortunately not and this is primarily due to the fact that we have a different team name for WCG then for everything else. Supposedly in the next gridcoin release we will be whitelisted for all gridcoin projects.

You can however earn Obyte while running WCG. I believe there is a thread somewhere here about setting that up.

You can earn Obyte with no up front investment. You can earn Biblepay but requires you to have a staking amount. Technically, you can also earn CPUcoin but that is kinda garbage right now and you have to share the CPU resources with their miner. I have how-to threads in the mining subsection for all but the CPUcoin. You can find a list of my guides on crypto in this stickied thread - https://hardforum.com/threads/mining-cryptocurrency-guides.1953299/

Our WCG team name should be listed in the next "mandatory upgrade" (Fern) not the next upgrade. I just wanted to clarify that as it could confuse people.

Allegedly, the Fern update we have been waiting a year or more for should be ready within approximately a week.

The "Fern" release was just put out today which removes the team requirement. So, going forward all discussion of Gridcoin "mining" should be directed to the Crypto/mining threads.
Before anyone asks, the removal of the team requirement won't take hold until the transmission height which should be within the month. However, until then you can still build up your magnitude, get your wallets in order, and get some GRC staking in the wallet so that you are fully ready.

For those watching patiently...

As of me typing this they are on block 2047194. It will go into effect at block 2053000. So, that should be approximately 158 hours or 6.5 days. Probably more like Mid day October 4th.

Back