Does the Amazon Fire TV Console support the Microsoft Xbox ONE controller WIRELESSLY?

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm at a loss here. I have been google searching for literally 3 hours straight to see if the Fire TV console is compatible with the Xbox One controller wirelessly but every damn forum post I can find on the entire internet is insanely unspecific. Hundreds and hundreds of websites so into great detail about Xbox 360 controller support, but I can't find any information specific to the support of the Xbox One controller.

Just a few minutes ago I posted this question on Amazon's product page and some asshole responded immediately within seconds saying it works with the Xbox 360 controller.

I fucking hate the 360 controller and i'm going in circles here. Anyone have one of these and know for sure?

In about 2 minutes of Google searching I found the list of compatible controllers (it's not listed) a Reddit post listing working controllers (it's not listed) and a video on YouTube showing a guy who had to get root access to hack the console to get Xbox One controller working.

So I would say no.

The new Xbox One S controllers use Bluetooth, so there's a shot those might work since there's no proprietary dongle needed.

Thank you so much Bigdogchris! It didn't even occur to me to search on youtube! Awesome to have confirmation on this. I think i'm going to go the PS3 + usb dongle adapter route for a controller. Again you are so awesome to help me. :)

Back