Does black expansion bracket exist?

Nowadays, high-end videocard comes in a black color PCB. I am wondering if black expansion bracket exist?

Take the PCI cover off. Bring it to a local powder-coater. Give them $10. Return home, reinstall screws. Yay.

Lol I'm talking about the video card's PCI-bracket. If I paint it black, won't I void the warranty or unable to use STEP-UP if from EVGA?

Probably depends on how well you do it. If you removed the slot cover and then powder coated it and reinstalled it, they might let it slide as long as there wasn't paint on the rest of the card.

bracket from another/old card?

It'd be really difficult to find one that fit, unless you had a spare of the exact same model. Could always make your own, use the one it comes with as a template. It's a very simple piece after all, you'd just need a drill press, a few different bits and a vice to make one.

or you could do the ol switch-er-roo. back when i had a 8800GTS i took off the dual slot bracket and replaced it with a single slot from a 8600GT (i believe) since i had a low profile waterblock. im sure theres places that sell just the brackets as well...

You might be able to get a bracket directly from the manufacturer. Might be worth giving them a call or e-mail.

Tell them what you are doing and see if they can help you out (better for phone conversations than e-mails).

The bracket on my eVGA GTX285 isn't quite black, sort of a gunmetal I guess. pic

At least on their older cards (9800GT), XFX used black brackets. pic

The GTX285 looks about the same as my eVGA though. pic

Just paint it yourself. If you never need to RMA or Upgrade it, a little acetone and painthinner will clean it fine.

Back