Do you think GPU stock/prices will get back to normal before end of the year?

alpharalpha

Weaksauce
I'm looking to finish my build and this reminds me of when I was looking for a PSU, but worse. Does anybody think things will get back to normal before end of the year?

Same. No way before February. I was going to say February as well.

The holidays will take their toll and then everyone will be stuck inside during the cold, dark winter with nothing to do beside feverishly buying (or attempting to buy) computer hardware. If we're lucky, the long-awaited spring thaw will start to put an end to this discernible madness as people begin to go outside and rediscover the wonders of nature.

I think it’s gonna be a while for cards. Scalpers are still making money on them, this year has been a real shit show

Look on eBay to see when cards stop selling. Then you will know. Just don't buy a used one.

There a way to have a auto alert when this happens if you want.

No, why would they?

low supply and high demand will more likely push it up

No, not this year. It will probably get better after Christmas, but not back to normal and it will take a while for supply to catch up. Then assuming the Covid vaccines stay on track prices will crash on adult toys late next spring or next summer except for anything house party related. Prices on that stuff (kegerators, karaoke machines, etc.) will spike. Generally available vaccine->Everyone goes to the bar, throws a party, etc.->Price cuts on stay at home toys and a boom for party stuff. Vid cards, consoles, etc. All easy to get... but you won't care because you'll be at the bar with the rest of us.

No, 100% no. Market trends, supply and demand, and price raising tactics by AIBs, AMD and nVidia have ensured this will not happen.

Prices may come down a bit in March as more stock becomes available and demand stabilizes, but prices will never go back to MSRP (because remember, MSRP only exists now as a marketing ploy from nV and AMD to get people in the door). And the used market follows suit of the new market, so don't expect much of a reduction there.

Ya, pricing is stupid, cant imagine what the 6900 series will go for here in Canada:

1606862095638.png

At this rate I might as well wait for Hopper 😜. My 1080 FE at + 130 core and +400 memory is chugging along just fine (and by fine I mean currently I’m playing Cold War with all settings at it’s lowest. I’m getting around 100-120fps on my 1440p 144hz monitor)

Back