DIY thermal paste

Pretty cool, still, does the differences really make a big difference? Looks like any of the ones tested (actual paste and not food products) will work just fine for 99.99% of folks is my thoughts. Would have liked to have seen some of the liquid metal interfaces tested as well.

why ?????????????

The average tube of name brand paste cost ~$8-12, +/- a little moar.....so why bother gathering all the ingredients and equipment needed to test it when you can have a new tube in 2 days via da Zon and be all the happier for it....

except for the epeen of sayin you did it, of course :)

because it was interesting.
why are you posting "why" and "who" posts for no reason?!
3 reasons:

1) The last time I checked, I/we still retain the right of free speech, expression etc, as long as I don't post anything hateful, discriminatory, derogatory, untrue, or otherwise deemed unacceptable by the average joe/jane (and/or the forum mods) etc...

2) Because I wanna know things and/or get other people's opinions/thoughts/comments on something, and

3) Finally, the why/who posts are for when I read a post that makes no sense to me, like this one about the paste 🤪

Just for the history, since the moment that I got my Prolimatech Armageddon (CPU cooler) that is highest perforce cooler, choice of thermal paste, this was making less of difference.

But I got puzzled when I was after to replace thermal past of my GPU, because this has an MSI factory loaded cooler, and I was in need for equal or better quality of paste that MSI did use at their factory.
I did extensive study over thermal paste / thermal resistances, and I made the choice of getting Prolimatech PK-2, and I did not get disappointed, the Taiwanese thermal past was identical and even better by 1C at GPU idle.
My MSI iGAMER GPU this runs cool even with stock paste even at load, my success is that with the identical or better in quality thermal paste, DC Fan curve this stayed identical.

Before Hardocp got mothballed there were some tests that used food products, there's still remnants of them:
https://hardforum.com/threads/h-thermal-compound-tim-round-up-candidates.1922216/post-1042751682
https://hardforum.com/threads/thermal-compound-roundup.1666631/

All you need is a pantry and some ingenuity and you can probably make a fantastic great smelling homemade compound.

Yeah, I was hoping for another round of this, given the title. Which peanut butter works better, how bad is marshmallow fluff, or nutella or strawberry jam? The internet wants to know.

Back