Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I'm doing Hardcore and have a 16 monk and am enjoying it so far, HOWEVER, early this morning, Blizzard instantly kicked ALL players back to character select at the same time and without warning. I was fighting a mob and nearly had a heart attack lol.

Log back in and I am in town and safe.....

Blizz seriously needs an offline mode where lag or disconnects don't affect your hardcore experience.

It's definitely more arcadey feeling than ever, but that's not a bad thing. If you want a spreadsheet with graphics, there's always PoE. If you want to have fun and use whatever skills you feel like using, it feels better than ever. You'll never have to trade or even worry about what to keep. Great feeling. I was worried about losing the AH, but with loot the way it is now... My mind is at ease.

Thanks. I'll move it to my HDD just cause to see how it performs.

Thanks

Ha

For some reason the ONLY place my game has dips is up is on the bridge with Tyrael. There is one specific scene where there is a Demon that latches on the side and spews monsters. On my [email protected] and my Titan (SLI off for D3) it has always stuttered there. Always scare in HC mode. That choke point where you have to go to the top of the map to get through it always drops the FPS to some crazy low number. Other than that it is always pegged at 140+/- a few. I've dropped all of the in game details to low and I can reproduce it so IDK. Should I test it by turning off the ability for my CPU to downclock from 4.2 in the bios (which I think I've done before but I don't remember).

Edit: 8.2 years on the account and this is my first multi quote! (I think)

Not sure if they fixed it in the recent patch but if you turn down your sound channels to 32, that should solve your slowdown on the bridge area.

Been playing this on a wizard I had just hit 60 with (a few months back) and stopped playing because I didn't want to buy gear for him.

Started at 30k hp and 30k dps in expert 2 days ago. Now I'm up to 100k hp and 90k dps in torment 1 (about to start on torment 2). Drops are surprisingly good and upgrades come constantly. It's fun trying out all the different skills without worrying about messing something up. Best upgrade I found was a new Wizardspike - they changed the proc from a wimpy frost bolt to a full damage Frozen Orb. Playing as ice, the proc alone feels like it's making up 20-30% of my dps even though it doesn't show up on the stat screen.

Someone earlier in the thread was asking about set items dropping not for your class - I had a Nat's chest drop for me on the wizard, but it rolled stats for a hunter ( dexterity, etc ). Not sure if this will always be the case.

Been playing this on a wizard I had just hit 60 with (a few months back) and stopped playing because I didn't want to buy gear for him.

Started at 30k hp and 30k dps in expert 2 days ago. Now I'm up to 100k hp and 90k dps in torment 1 (about to start on torment 2). Drops are surprisingly good and upgrades come constantly. It's fun trying out all the different skills without worrying about messing something up. Best upgrade I found was a new Wizardspike - they changed the proc from a wimpy frost bolt to a full damage Frozen Orb. Playing as ice, the proc alone feels like it's making up 20-30% of my dps even though it doesn't show up on the stat screen.

Someone earlier in the thread was asking about set items dropping not for your class - I had a Nat's chest drop for me on the wizard, but it rolled stats for a hunter ( dexterity, etc ). Not sure if this will always be the case.

Hmm good yo know. I wonder if nats can still roll int.

What would be a good Plan to sink a bunch of money into for a Monk? I've got about 39 million gold sitting here burning a hole in my pocket.

What would be a good Plan to sink a bunch of money into for a Monk? I've got about 39 million gold sitting here burning a hole in my pocket.

I would try to craft some new shoulders and amulets. I wouldn't do a lot cause from what I hear, we are gonna need all the gold we can get come ROS

It's nice to see Diablo 3 back on my HD in a state that it should have been. Here's hoping Jay Wilson never touches another Diablo game EVER.

Anyone have a decent DH build for low crit? I've picked up a couple new pieces but I lose like 12% crit and I'm not sure what to spec.

Anyone have a decent DH build for low crit? I've picked up a couple new pieces but I lose like 12% crit and I'm not sure what to spec.

Sentry build would probably be good

Or if you enjoy crit builds just use caltrops with bait the trap and stand in the trap for 10% crit chance. Use sharpshooter talent, a lot of people don't like sharpshooter... but it's basically a talent that will, at the bare minimum, provide 4% crit chance increase.

What's your gear look like right now? It would be better if i could see what you're workin with

Even in a buildless game, people ask for builds lol

Not doggin on you, i just mean, with all these new moves and changes, why don't you experiment and find out some cool shit on your own? That's what the system was designed for. Find what you enjoy using.

I have put 3 nights into the new 2.0.

It seems that they just removed the disparity in gear quality and made the average quality higher. Making 90% of all drops usable and nearly identical (not including set and legendary). Most everything is close to as good as what I'm using but rarely over.

It seems most drops have 200+ vit + 200+ main stat.

So after a while picking up golds feels about the same as it did before.

Nothing but good things for set and legendary items though.

Crafting is also similar to Finding Yellow items with most everything being very similar....with exception of class specific items. I have been crafting some very VERY good monk helmets. Most have spirit regen or life per spirit spent with 300 int and 300 vit.....Just have to roll that 6 crit with it.

My Tempest Rush + Wave of light build still works.....but its no longer the best after the massive nerf to wave of light (greatly needed it was OP off the charts before)

Currently the best 2-Hander Tempest Rush build I could find is this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075786

Mantra of Retribution - Collateral Damage is completely insane with a nice skorn.
Foresight + Fire Ally to amp the damage.
Seven-Sided Strike to take out Mobs (use Sustained Attack for bosses)

What's your gear look like right now? It would be better if i could see what you're workin with

I'm messing around with a lightning build since I just got a ring that suns with lightning damage. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zeus-1469/hero/3503446

Even in a buildless game, people ask for builds lol

Not doggin on you, i just mean, with all these new moves and changes, why don't you experiment and find out some cool shit on your own? That's what the system was designed for. Find what you enjoy using.

No offense taken, I'm just not sure I'm seccing right my damage seems a lot lower than pre 2.0 and I haven't played in a really long time. I have been experimenting with lightning damage and am going to try fire next.

I don't think so, they admitted a ton of faults with D3V and said they created RoS almost entirely on the basis of community feedback. Not many developers would be willing to do that.

Obviously they can't just say "sorry, we fucked up, and fuck Jay Wilson!".

I don't think so, they admitted a ton of faults with D3V and said they created RoS almost entirely on the basis of community feedback. Not many developers would be willing to do that.

Obviously they can't just say "sorry, we fucked up, and fuck Jay Wilson!".

Sure they said plenty right, but certain parts just rubbed me the wrong way:

PC Gamer: Do you guys continue to stand by the decision to require an internet connection to play Diablo III? Is there any chance at all of that changing in the future?

Martens: Yes, we stand by it. Diablo III is a co-op game from the ground up, so having the social stuff be there at your fingertips whenever you want it is integral to the experience.

Bullshit. Diablo on consoles has offline mode. How many people in this vary thread have described their Hardcore experience in a positive light? They were given feedback on this and have ignored it for reasons they are not allowed to say--otherwise, we wouldn't get this horseshit response.

PC Gamer: Are you happy with the state of PVP as it is right now?

Martens: Well, [Brawling Mode] is okay, and it can be really fun if you've got two people of similar level. PVP is still something we talk about a lot. [Former Diablo III director] Jay Wilson wrote a long blog post a couple Decembers or Januarys ago explaining why what we tried didn't work out. And that stuff is still the case.

Here's the referenced post by Jay (fuck that loser): http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/28/d...their-mistakes-look-ahead-to-reaper-of-souls/

So--Martens is saying 'that stuff is still the case,' in reference to Jay's post. What does Jay say?

In a nutshell--"The deathmatch pvp we had wasn't deep enough to make live, and the balance of our game is akin to deer pooplets"

And yet, somehow, they consider brawling deep enough, and they've addressed balance too... wait what? :confused:

More pigshit.

(i like animal poo)

I really want an offline mode. I believe we should be able to enjoy a lag and disconnect free Hardcore experience offline with nothing but ourselves to rely on or perhaps LAN play? I would not mind a LAN option as well!

I really want an offline mode. I believe we should be able to enjoy a lag and disconnect free Hardcore experience offline with nothing but ourselves to rely on or perhaps LAN play? I would not mind a LAN option as well!

Blizzard decided long ago that their PC customers are all thieves and can't to be trusted with an offline mode. I also want to add that D3 and PoE are equal in d/c deaths. In about 2 hours of game play last night, while chatting to my buddy whom I was trying to convince to play with me, I d/c'd 6 or 7 times. Just like PoE sometimes you get lucky and desync doesn't kill you and sometimes it does. Even though I'm in softcore, I dropped 50k dps for more hp to overcome the d/c issues. Less nerve wracking that way. I still die but at least I give myself a chance to live sometimes.

Does anyone want to team up and trade Torment VI power leveling for new characters?

just read that they revamped the itemization and got rid of the auction house. I haven't played for 2 years due to those reasons mainly and I'm thinking about coming back.

Did they get rid of how spell damage is based off of your weapon damage yet?

just read that they revamped the itemization and got rid of the auction house. I haven't played for 2 years due to those reasons mainly and I'm thinking about coming back.

Did they get rid of how spell damage is based off of your weapon damage yet?

Spell damage is based off your weapon damage still.

Got to say with the new loot system I am really enjoying myself for the first time in this game in a very long time.

Started a brand new WD and finally I look forward to checking the loot I pick up as it now gives me something that is an improvement usually. Legendary drops much more than before... loving it!

About darn time too! :p

You are guaranteed a legendary for first time boss kills for the most part. You do find legendary items MUCH more frequently than before.

I just found a Unique Fist Weapon to replace my my echoing fury with. You read that right. I FOUND something to replace a REALLY good echoing fury.

Didn't know that would ever be possible.

Back