Destiny 2

I stopped watching (I got the picture), but am 100% happy with what I saw. It seems like they took the complaints about the original very seriously. Based upon their comments and the footage, I'm definitely in on day 1.

I think this launch will be big due to Marketing and Hype alone.
People will try it out because it looks good seems like they have alot more going on visually due to skipped the last Gen consoles finally.

I'm going to try it out regardless

Last edited:
I stopped watching (I got the picture), but am 100% happy with what I saw. It seems like they took the complaints about the original very seriously. Based upon their comments and the footage, I'm definitely in on day 1.

Same reactions...still watching...

Folks it's not on Steam it's going to be on Blizzard's Battlenet instead.

Last edited:
lol 50% never did a raid, those that defended that system btfo. No major changes to be seen this is very much destiny with stuff that should have been patched into the first game.

Really is a shame they are keeping the same weapons system as the first as well, that means just the same standard fps guns types and grindy upgrades.

How do we feel about Battle.net?

I'm amazed this isn't going to be on a big distribution platform like Steam... unless I am misunderstanding???

I'm okay with Blizzard's platform. I've used it for Diablo and Overwatch with 0 issues. Downloads are just as fast as Steam...maybe even moreso. Plus, I still use Steam as a front-end for those games anyway.

I'm amazed this isn't going to be on a big distribution platform like Steam... unless I am misunderstanding???

It might take off like Overwatch but then again it's a FPS MMO but if the game has the goods Raids are fun it might take off.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

I actively play games on Battle.net already (WoW, HS, Overwatch), so this is great news to me!

I suppose it will still be OK not sure if it will cross platform with the consoles they might charge a Sub though who knows what is going to happen.

Right. We probably need to give this some time to let the smoke clear.

I know Blizzard has a solid platform so I'm not concerned about that side of it.

The only question I would potentially have... and it may be a non issue...is distribution.

It's probably going to be a non-issue: If we get past hype and so forth, it really does look and sound like this game is going to live up to a lot more of the potential the first game teased and that Bungie attempted to answer or address a lot of the quibbles and shortcomings of the first game.

This game will sell like hotcakes. I know I'm going to be all in.

Makes sense from a business standpoint since Blizzard = Activision. That said, as someone that plays 3 Blizz games (WoW, HOTS, and Overwatch), I'm actually excited for Destiny on Bnet. It will make playing D2 super seamless for me.

I have had the PC version preordered from Best Buy for a while, for $48 with the GCU discount.

Will it be a Battle.net key then? Or a blu-ray disc? I don't even have a disc drive. :(

Interesting. Didn't Destiny 2 have a product page up on Steam prior to this?

I don't really care. Battle.net is solid. Better than Steam, in fact (my opinion, of course).
I have had the PC version preordered from Best Buy for a while, for $48 with the GCU discount.

Will it be a Battle.net key then? Or a blu-ray disc? I don't even have a disc drive. :(
Battle.net games only come with a key in the box these days.

You will be able to use your Blizzard balance to buy the game as well. Might be of interest to some that have credit there.

Some pc settings revealed. http://www.dualshockers.com/destiny-2-pc-settings-video-controls-accessibility/

Video Menu

Video

• Window Mode
  • Resolution
  • Screen Bounds
  • Brightness
Advanced Video

• Graphics Qulity
  • Texture Anistropy
  • Ambient Occlusion
  • Motion Blur
  • Anti-Aliasing
  • Texture Quality
  • Foliage Detail
  • Environment Detail
  • Character Detail
  • Shadow Quality
  • Depth of Field
  • Foliage Shadows
  • Lighting Shading Detail
  • Local Light Shadows
  • Wind Impulse
Sound Menu

Volume

• Game Volume
  • Chat Volume
  • Music
  • Mute When Not Focused
Voice Chat

• Team Voice Channel
Control Menu

Mouse

• Look Sensitivity
  • Vertical Inversion
  • Horizontal Inversion
  • Aim Smoothing
Controller

• Look Sensitivity
  • Vertical Inversion
  • Horizontal Inversion
  • Controller Vibration
  • Autolook Centering
  • Movement Controls
  • Button Layout
Accessibility Menu

• HUD Opacity
  • Subtitles
  • Colorblind Mode
Gameplay Manu

• Helmet (on/off toggle)
  • Text Chat

Helmet on/off! Thank God!

Honestly I hope a single 1080Ti will be able to max this at 4k/60fps.

Last edited:
is 'screen bounds' the same thing as FOV setting? I hope we have the ability to adjust FOV. Game looks good, I'll definitely pick it up.
Yes they also confirmed

4k Resolution Support (3820×2160) Uncapped framerate
Full mouse and keyboard support with custom keyboard mapping
Adjustable Field of View
21:9 moniter support

hopefully the PC delayed release won't be as long as with the Grand Theft Auto games

The best part of Destiny was the PvP (for me at least, never had the patience to get into raids). I'm concerned what a 4v4 PVP scene will look like. With such a low player count, I'm concerned matches will be either great or terrible depending on your team composition. Sure, it was the same with 6 v 6, but there was a bit of leeway if you had a couple of new players on your team. With 4v4, having one or two new players will really affect matches.

I do appreciate the FoV slider for PC, that's a great addition.

It's dead, Jim.

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-bungie-plans-to-make-destiny-2-on-pc-legit-on-day-one/

"We do not have dedicated servers for Destiny 2 on PC."

If you played Destiny, you might realize this may not work anyway. It's very MMO like and you run into tons of other people in huge open world maps. Random world event spawn all over and people from nearby areas collapse on them to kill the enemies. They have world servers running the content spawns and such to make the game work.

Bungie must figure the PC crowd is too cheap to pay them extra for dedicated servers.

It's dead, Jim.

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-bungie-plans-to-make-destiny-2-on-pc-legit-on-day-one/

"We do not have dedicated servers for Destiny 2 on PC."

While I definitely would prefer this myself for any serious online multiplayer venture.... would that structure be possible or even work for a game like the way Destiny operates?

http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-with-the-pc-version-of-destiny-2-campaign-strikes-and-pvp/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/19/destiny-2-first-hands-on-impressions

https://www.polygon.com/pc/2017/5/1...pc-impressions-hands-on-strike-inverted-spire

http://kotaku.com/hands-on-with-destiny-2-on-pc-1795355449

Make of these what you will.

Doesn't sound dead to me. I'm looking forward to it myself.

Watched the gameplay reveal and am disappointed. Basically looks like a reskinned Destiny 1 with in-game clan support, psuedo match-making, and likely a mediocore story instead of just an awful one. They could've improved on so much...

Here's to hoping they just haven't talked about any of the additional improvements/changes.

And before anyone takes out their pitchforks and starts a troll hunt - I put over 500 hours into the original Destiny until I got tired of it after TTK.

Watched the gameplay reveal and am disappointed. Basically looks like a reskinned Destiny 1 with in-game clan support, psuedo match-making, and likely a mediocore story instead of just an awful one. They could've improved on so much...

Here's to hoping they just haven't talked about any of the additional improvements/changes.

And before anyone takes out their pitchforks and starts a troll hunt - I put over 500 hours into the original Destiny until I got tired of it after TTK.

It remains to be seen.

What I see here *so far* is everything from Destiny that was good being built on and expanded...frankly realizing more of the potential the first game could have had... and we can only hope some of that talk about diminishing some of the downsides indeed takes place. If it does then I certainly think any Destiny 1 player will be very happy.

Then it will come down to: Is there enough to draw in new people? To a point, probably. If it's a good FPS, then frankly it will sell like hotcakes.

As a former dedicated Destiny player, all I can say is expect these things (I hope I'm wrong):

Garbage story, but if it is the same as the first there really isn't much story presentation in the first place. Lore was establish with stupid cards that you had to read on your phone. Not even in game.

Recycled content. I stopped after the first expansion when I could see that all they intended to do was continue to sell the same shit with a different skin. The last expansion trailer I watched was three minutes long and 2 minutes and 30 seconds was footage from previous content. Fool me once... Apparently this bothers no one because they keep doing it, and everyone ate it up. I understand that Destiny 2 has had half the development time that Destiny did in the first place....

Bullet-sponge mechanics taken to an extreme. Another reason I stopped playing. They just god-damn love the idea of the enemies out-leveling your cap, so when you find an elite you'll put a couple mags into its head and it won't die. Not too many games have made me feel so weak and ineffective.

Infrequent and extreme balance changes. They did an absolutely horrible job balancing the weapons in Destiny. Instead of doing minor, frequent changes, they would do radical changes after people complained for months and months and go so far in the other direction you had to wonder what they were basing their decisions off of.

To be fair, there are some pluses:

Decent loot mechanics to keep you coming back. Not Diablo 3 good, but good enough.

Solid controls/gunplay. Guns may be terribly balanced and shoot peas at enemies, but they handle well.

Great graphics. I thought, on PS4 at least, that they really did a killer job with the engine.

Matchmaking sucked (had to go to Reddit) but I generally had a good time just messaging the random people in the Tower (PvE hub) to ask them to join.

I'm not saying don't play it, but just understand what you're getting into if you didn't play the first one on PS4.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Bungie has done a good job of post release support for Destiny and most everything else they've released. If there are major issues, I feel they'll address them.

I think anyone that liked Destiny 1 is going to like this even more. I know junkies that are well north of 2000 hours on the first game. I'll never see or hear from them again after Sept. 8. ;)

The guy in this thread that hit 500 hours? Probably be 1000 hours or more for you on this next one barring something insane. I think "better than part 1" is a safe bet. It's just a question of by "how much" and "to what scope and aspects?"

It's what the first game promised and should have been. That's my takeaway here.

Time for some new videos:

(Gunslinger. My favorite from part 1)

Never played Destiny 1. interested in D2 but Im probably in the minority who only wants the SP.. Any word on that??

Last edited:
Never played Destiny 1. interested in S2 but Im probably in the minority who only wants the SP.. Any word on that??

You can do it. Unlike the first game, this will actually have a real story.

I did it mostly solo in part 1 and when it was time to do things with other players it was painless. They have emphatically stated and taken steps for all forms of players on this. You want to play solo? You're going to get the full experience, no worries.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dest...destiny-youre-probably-gonna-like-destiny-2-1

Decent enough round up so far.

Never played Destiny 1. interested in S2 but Im probably in the minority who only wants the SP.. Any word on that??

I played Destiny 1 basically solo. Twice even. You can hop into multiplayer co-op missions that require allies without having to coordinate anything. It just assigns them to you based upon the level you're trying to play. Sometimes you'll even pop-in at the level boss. You don't have to chat or do anything beyond shooting whatever is in your way. When the level is over, you're done. The raids were the only things that required creating parties and they're a small part of the game. I've only touched the Crucible (PvP arena) once and never felt the need to play it again. Much like the raids, it's a small part of the game and it's totally optional.

I like that it's going to be a setup in a fashion where many more of us will have a much better chance to get in some of the raids and other items like that on an easier and more consistent basis regardless of whether we're playing solo or not.

You haven't seen this game at its best until you have been involved in a raid. It's as intense and compelling as anything you're going to see in an FPS.

Back