Destiny 2

I hope there is cross platform, too. Just end this skill gap nonsense by supporting keyboard and mouse on consoles. Both the PS4 and Xbox ONE support it.
only way to get cross platform for the xbox and pc is to have it on the windows store.

Might give this a shot since it's coming to PC. Was not impressed with the reviews of the first game, though.

so the first game must not be all that important in terms of story and continuity if PC players can jump right into Part 2 without having played the first...or will there be a giant cutscene at the beginning explaining all the events of Destiny 1...will Peter Dinklage be back for the sequel?...he was getting hammered for his voice acting in the 1st game...apparently he seemed bored or disinterested...or maybe that's the way the character is supposed to act?

so the first game must not be all that important in terms of story and continuity if PC players can jump right into Part 2 without having played the first...or will there be a giant cutscene at the beginning explaining all the events of Destiny 1...will Peter Dinklage be back for the sequel?...he was getting hammered for his voice acting in the 1st game...apparently he seemed bored or disinterested...or maybe that's the way the character is supposed to act?

Dinklage was replaced in one of the expansions or DLC.

was he replaced in the base game or just the new DLC?

All of it. Ripped out and replaced... except for the Ghost replica models :)

I am excited for this. I am liking this new direction they are taking, but I can't quite put my finger on what it's called - oh I remember, good writing and humor!

Here's everything you need to know about this sequel:

eRG6PtK5iVxZXwv6Q8TnY-650-80.jpg

I hope they make the lag compensation in PVP even gnarlier. Me and someone else killing each other like 4 seconds apart with melee was a glorious experience.

I want to get excited about this because I really enjoyed the first one and now its coming to PC but at the same time I'm not thrilled about paying for all the DLC I know they will have. I got lucky and didn't get into Destiny until after TTK and got the whole bundle on sale for like $20. More than likely I will wait for a similar deal with Destiny 2

What story? ;)

I've played Destiny since it came out and honestly? There isn't much in terms of strong narrative and characters that are going to be lost in the lurch here IMO at least.

There's an overarching mythos and some other broad concepts and believe me they will have no problems getting new people into the mix with relatively little effort.

I played a ton of Destiny 1. Even though the content isn't A+ top notch, still had a lot of fun with it. I'm definitely picking up Destiny 2. The physical limited edition for PC is GameStop exclusive, so I went and plunked down $5 on it yesterday. Got a Cayde-6 figurine for doing so, and Early Beta access. Can't wait!

Dinklage was replaced in one of the expansions or DLC.

That was an incredibly stupid move and made no sense. Where was this call for his voice to be replaced? It seems like something that nobody asked for. Or perhaps they couldn't get him to continue voicing the Ghost in anticipation of future expansions/games so they just removed everything he ever voice? Not sure.

That was an incredibly stupid move and made no sense. Where was this call for his voice to be replaced? It seems like something that nobody asked for. Or perhaps they couldn't get him to continue voicing the Ghost in anticipation of future expansions/games so they just removed everything he ever voice? Not sure.

I think the "official" story was his availability, or lack thereof.

Everyone complained about it if you kept up with Destiny. Most were happy he was replaced.

I like cdkeys.com but I wouldn't take that as confirmation of anything.

Almost 100% sure this game will be on Steam. No way Bungie/Microsoft wouldn't take advantage of the largest digital game store on the planet if they want Destiny 2 to be a success on PC. If they only released this shit on the Microsoft Store then a lot of people would be pissed and they'd change that policy REAL quick. I wonder how many people bought Forza Horizon 3 on PC to justify only having it on the Microsoft Store. If that's the case I won't be buying it for PC and will stick to Xbox (which i'll be doing anyway if there's no cross-platform support).

Btw, I love cdkeys.com and am not going to argue with that price but if I got it for PC I would definitely get the version that will include the future expansions.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Almost 100% sure this game will be on Steam. No way Bungie/Microsoft wouldn't take advantage of the largest digital game store on the planet if they want Destiny 2 to be a success on PC. If they only released this shit on the Microsoft Store then a lot of people would be pissed and they'd change that policy REAL quick. I wonder how many people bought Forza Horizon 3 on PC to justify only having it on the Microsoft Store. If that's the case I won't be buying it for PC and will stick to Xbox (which i'll be doing anyway if there's no cross-platform support).

Btw, I love cdkeys.com and am not going to argue with that price but if I got it for PC I would definitely get the version that will include the future expansions.

I hope you're right but for some reason I almost think there's half a chance in hell the stupid way could win out here: MS Store Win 10 only.

If they do that then it's a simple choice for me: Back to the PS4 like I did on part 1.

One of the dumbest things about the first game was the fact that Bungie essentially removed 95% of the plotlines. Instead they made you login to their website to read snippets of what was going on in your "Grimoire." That's one of the main reasons the first game's plot was so weak. They all but removed it from the game itself.

I hope they keep the same Art Style and don't go all realistic the Art Style is what made the game Destiny.

I'm hoping they didn't totally jack the art style and make it too realistic or something.

only way to get cross platform for the xbox and pc is to have it on the windows store.
I don't know about Xbox cross platform, but PS4 and PC can play with each other just fine. I don't think there is any reason why cross platform between Xbox and PC can't happen without the Windows Store. I'm sure integration with the Xbox Live ecosystem is easier if it is, but I think the game bar in the most recent version of Windows changes that.

The reveal coincides with my lunch break, which is great :)

I know it's a shot in the dark, but I'd love cross-platform play in this game. Most of my friends will be on either of the console versions and I'll be rocking a pad on the PC version.

They have some pre-show garbage going on with two guys from IGN talking all serious about Destiny before the reveal.

I don't know if it's just the network at work or something, but I can't watch this right now. I'll just go grab something to eat and catch up on the details later.

These guys talking I need their job I could do tons better....

I would just stress the bad points and how they nerfed Rocketlaucher Truth from 3 to 1 shell.

Wow, people are going to be able to play it in another room.

Nice trailer... again PC version gets called out in a good way...

So far, so good. Looks similar, but with graphics that weren't ported from the 360/PS3. Lots of environmental effects. Looks like there are more distinct special abilities for the classes, too.

Back